Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adoree' Jackson

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Marc Torrence @marctorrence  ·  4h 4 hours ago
.@finebaum just said he talked to a source at Alabama who said there's "a chance" Braxton Miller comes to Alabama.

Eh I don't see why he would to be honest. Unless there is a miracle or freak injury he won't be the starting QB. I could see him at some type of RB position, just don't know if HE knows he won't be an NFL QB. Since we still don't know how his arm is it's hard telling what he's gonna do

Eh I don't see why he would to be honest. Unless there is a miracle or freak injury he won't be the starting QB. I could see him at some type of RB position, just don't know if HE knows he won't be an NFL QB. Since we still don't know how his arm is it's hard telling what he's gonna do

Shoulda gone to Oregon where the playground was open

Last edited by a moderator:

Marc Torrence @marctorrence  ·  4h 4 hours ago
.@finebaum just said he talked to a source at Alabama who said there's "a chance" Braxton Miller comes to Alabama.
they need one, that QB play from spring ball was HORRIBLE
sick.gif

I thought Coker was supposed to be good? And how is he still there I thought he only had 1 year

Acknowledging that BYU can’t compete much longer from a financial perspective as an independent, Mendenhall ideally wants to make the transition by 2018. The sound decision to bolt the Mountain West five years ago has given way to the harsh reality that BYU will fall behind other Power 5 programs unless the widening financial disparity is closed.

Speaking to Greg Wrubell, the BYU radio broadcaster, Mendenhall said: “I hate to be pinned down, but if someone were to force me, I’d say three years. It has to happen within three. Could it go longer than that? Yes, it could. Is it desirable, to me, to go longer than that? The answer is no.”

The Power 5 conferences generate approximately $25 million on average in television revenue annually for their member football programs, an amount that is far superior to BYU’s deal with ESPN and also figures to increase as contracts are due for renewal. In short, unless its status changes, BYU will be at a great disadvantage compared to the Power 5 programs.
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=272&sid=34339862#SZ7i4DJthdUqpQUq.16

BYU has a beef with the Pac 12 right? Or was it just with Dr. Pepper or something?

Last edited:

BYU has a beef with the Pac 12 right? Or was it just with Dr. Pepper or something?
The Pac 12 is the one with the beef.  

I think the Dr. Pepper thing was just a rumor.  As long as the Big 12 is willing to accommodate BYU on the no games on Sunday thing, BYU is probably desperate enough to let almost anything else go.  

BYU should go back to the MWC.  NDSU could then join and make it 14.

At this point the Big 12 dissolving probably has a better chance of happening than it expanding.  They can have CCG now with 10 teams.  No reason to add teams if they aren't going to make any money. 

Where Hoke's last staff at Michigan ended up

Nussmeier OC- OC UF

Mattison DC/LB- DL Michigan

Ferrigno TE/ST- ST SJSU
Funk OL- OL Akron 
Hecklinski WR- PGC/QB CSU-Pueblo 
Jackson RB- retired
Mallory S- DB/PGC Wyoming
Manning CB- OLB WSU
Smith DL- DL Florida Tech

Only 3 of these guys ended up at another P5 school.  Two of them ended up at D2 schools 
mean.gif

Last edited:
Wow, that's telling. Al Golden's staff may look real similar after he's fired. 
laugh.gif
 Problem is, at Michigan you know the AD is more willing to spend than at Miami.

Last edited:
Pac-12 isn't going to let a religious school in.

This. BYU plays and has scheduled a bunch of Pac-12 teams to play in the upcoming years. The main issue is Sunday play. BYU won't play their Olympic sports/basketball on Sundays which can be a scheduling nightmare for some conferences.

What I think BYU should do is do a football/basketball only thing w/ the Big 12. Keep the other sports in the WCC and let them cook there. BYU has a great fanbase and will sell tickets ANYWHERE in America (trust me on this, I'm a BYU grad :wink: )

Personally, I'd love to have BYU in the Pac-12 and pair them up with Utah. I know it's all about TV numbers and money, but BYU/Utah would be such a better pairing than Colorado :x

Back
Top Bottom