2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

How can you tell a man he's your guy and have him begin recruiting his staff and then seek someone else out and NOT DEMAND an immediate answer? You're gonna let your first guy hang out to dry on a person who is POTENTIALLY interested?

Ridiculous.

Tennessee is a destination type job, though. Very few people are going to have that "should I stay or should I go?" feeling there. And there are very few jobs that come open that can cause that type of feeling from a guy at a place like Tennessee.
If you visit any Cincy boards have fun with those Michigan State cats if y'all go after Narduzzi. Those dudes are like a small cold-blooded army :lol:

Sparty fans are very volatile... They do not take bad news well... If Narduzzi leaves, Michigan will push hard for Reschke who is a a good LB and is close with Shane Morris.... Would love to see that double whammy for Sparty fans

First off, you can't throw the laughing emoticon when you start off your argument with pure falsity. Reggie finished 5th that year. White finished 3rd. So you have 2nd and 3rd splitting votes and Jason White won the Heisman the previous year. Not only that Jason White had more first place votes than Adrian Peterson (he didn't even start the first 5 games of the season). Bush and Leinhart had combined 1960 points while Peterson and White had 1954 points. This is including the defending Heisman trophy winner (only one player to ever win 2 heismans) and a Freshman.
You probably think Marqise Lee, Barkley and Woods should be 1,2,3 this year. Biggest scumbag who has a Heisman vote is Carson Palmer. Dude didn't vote for 1 OU player and his top 3 were Matt Leinhart, Cheating Bush, and DWAYNE JARRET.
AD deserved that Heisman and it was even more impressive because he put up those numbers as a Freshman against some grown men.
Big 12 doesn't play defense? That year Big12 >>>> Pac 10 defenses. Your just going by the Big 12 now where all the offenses are spread offenses.
I'm basing this purely on the Heisman and not the BCS game so don't come in here with the 55-19 score. It also was vacated but that is besides the point.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:
[COLOR=#red]Clean sweep by Te'o. Maxwell and Walter Camp. Manziel might not get the Heisman after all. All good though, great year and looking forward to next!!![/COLOR]

The Notre Dame hype machine is on a roll... :lol:

Anyway, just to nip this AP argument. Big XII defense still wasn't good that year, even though it wasn't a "spread" conference yet. Plus, that year Oklahoma skated, the only top defense that Oklahoma played was Texas (Based on total D) and Texas was ranked 23. They also played another top D and that was USC (#6) in the title game and we all know the result. Top D's in the Big XII that year were Wisconsin (#9), Oklahoma (#13) and Mizzou (#14), and OU didn't play Wisconsin or Mizzou.

USC faced three top 25 defenses that year: Virginia Tech (#4), Oregon State (#18) and Cal (#24).

Carson Palmer, :smokin

What Peterson did as a freshman was remarkable, however, one can argue JJ Arrington and DeAngelo Williams balled just as hard as AP that year. Can't scream robbery when you weren't even the best back that year, it's debatable.

Last edited:
Tennessee is a destination type job, though. Very few people are going to have that "should I stay or should I go?" feeling there. And there are very few jobs that come open that can cause that type of feeling from a guy at a place like Tennessee.
If you visit any Cincy boards have fun with those Michigan State cats if y'all go after Narduzzi. Those dudes are like a small cold-blooded army :lol:

I usually dwell on the Cincy Scout board. A Tenn fan just came over earlier for more info on Lyle.

Yea, Narduzzi will probably be the top candidate and he's interested in the Cincy job. Kerry Coombs is the fan/player favorite, but he just doesn't have enough experience as he's never even been a coordinator on the college level.

Kerry is very popular but I don't know about turning the keys over to him at this point in his career. Players love the guy. The city loves him. I just haven't seen enough yet.

he's the hero Cincinnati deserves, but not the one it needs right now.

:lol: :pimp:

Last edited:
"Now that the Longhorn football team has finished its regular season, there has been an increase in media speculation about Coach Mack Brown's future," Powers wrote on his blog Tower Talk. "I'd like to state unequivocally that Coach Brown has my full support as well as the support of Men's Athletics Director DeLoss Dodds. Put succinctly, Mack Brown is and will remain the Longhorns' head football coach."

i see their commitment to mediocrity will continue for a few more seasons.

The Notre Dame hype machine is on a roll...
laugh.gif

Anyway, just to nip this AP argument. Big XII defense still wasn't good that year, even though it wasn't a "spread" conference yet. Plus, that year Oklahoma skated, the only top defense that Oklahoma played was Texas (Based on total D) and Texas was ranked 23. They also played another top D and that was USC (#6) in the title game and we all know the result. Top D's in the Big XII that year were Wisconsin (#9), Oklahoma (#13) and Mizzou (#14), and OU didn't play Wisconsin or Mizzou.

USC faced three top 25 defenses that year: Virginia Tech (#4), Oregon State (#18) and Cal (#24).

Carson Palmer,
smokin.gif

What Peterson did as a freshman was remarkable, however, one can argue JJ Arrington and DeAngelo Williams balled just as hard as AP that year. Can't scream robbery when you weren't even the best back that year, it's debatable.
Assumed typo there with you putting Wisconsin in the Big XII. 

And lol @ "[the score] also was vacated" as an argument against AD and Jason White getting their **** pushed in that year.  Leinart "stole" the Heisman, talk was that the OU guys were gonna get even at the title game (much like the talk with Vince the next year) and they got stomped. 

Don't know why I was thinking Whiskey. Haha. Damn realignment, coaching carousel and Teo winning every award including offensive trophies. Messing with ma mind.

Butch Jones is in. LOL straight Comedy.

Hope he brought his big boy pants and Loses his wack *** defensive coordinator

UTk really looking foolish over the past few years

yup

the administration is a Joke.

they have tried to turn the school into a top 25 academic school.

they make athletes who are granted admission pass an advisory board, they no longer offer "standard classes" that the other SEC football factories do.

there's a reason Strong did his research and passed. its not the entire reason but it is part of the internal struggle to get back to the old days.

Phil Fulmer even addressed it at his hall of fame induction.

the 100s of millions of dollars have not been funneled back into the football program and on top of that the AD just completely Effed up the coaching search.

Butch Jones could end up being a world beater, ( *shrugs* ) but this was a desperate move to try n salvage a total choke job of a hiring process ...

The Notre Dame hype machine is on a roll... :lol:
Carson Palmer, :smokin

Stop. Wisconsin isn't in the Big XII, that is why Oklahoma did not play them. Just stop. Don't bring in research when it is so false that you can't even make an excuse to try and validate it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom