2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

Justin Manning picks the Ags :pimp:

Ricky Seals-Jones scheduled his press conference for Monday. Ag lock :pimp:

Sumlin is a beast. This staff is ******g HUNGRY :pimp:

Last edited:
A&M could def win the SEC West next season, they'll have to get some great replacements for those tackles though.

I think we only lose one. Joeckel has been tossed around as a candidate for that #1 spot. You have to take that. I think Matthews comes back and moves over to LT.

Been reading they are pretty much a done deal with Hoza Scott and might get Ed Paris from '14 also. That would be pretty nice.

Hoza tweeted that he might commit next week. Someone said he might be scheduling it for Wednesday.

I still think Ed Paris ends up at LSU, but he's showing TAMU a hell of a lot more interest than he was two months ago. We're sitting in a pretty solid spot with Tony Brown too. That would be nice to bring in 247 Composite's #6 (Brown) and #13 (Paris) to go with #38 (Nick Harvey) and #158 (Cedric Collins) in the defensive backfield.

Oh and #11, Braden Smith (OL from Kansas) likes the Ags a lot too :pimp: It's crazy what a new coaching staff with a desire to do something great can do for a program.

Last edited:
AP's problem was that he split votes? :lol:
Reggie finished 3rd that year, Leinart didn't have that problem.
AP's problem was he played in a conference where no defense is played.
He was never healthy after that year, sour grapes.
Yes, Matt deserved it that year.

First off, you can't throw the laughing emoticon when you start off your argument with pure falsity. Reggie finished 5th that year. White finished 3rd. So you have 2nd and 3rd splitting votes and Jason White won the Heisman the previous year. Not only that Jason White had more first place votes than Adrian Peterson (he didn't even start the first 5 games of the season). Bush and Leinhart had combined 1960 points while Peterson and White had 1954 points. This is including the defending Heisman trophy winner (only one player to ever win 2 heismans) and a Freshman.

You probably think Marqise Lee, Barkley and Woods should be 1,2,3 this year. Biggest scumbag who has a Heisman vote is Carson Palmer. Dude didn't vote for 1 OU player and his top 3 were Matt Leinhart, Cheating Bush, and DWAYNE JARRET.

AD deserved that Heisman and it was even more impressive because he put up those numbers as a Freshman against some grown men.

Big 12 doesn't play defense? That year Big12 >>>> Pac 10 defenses. Your just going by the Big 12 now where all the offenses are spread offenses.

I'm basing this purely on the Heisman and not the BCS game so don't come in here with the 55-19 score. It also was vacated but that is besides the point.

Last edited:
Cincy guys reporting Butch Jones is gone to Tennessee. Wes Rucker saying the same thing. Gunna, you hearing that too?

First off, you can't throw the laughing emoticon when you start off your argument with pure falsity. Reggie finished 5th that year. White finished 3rd. So you have 2nd and 3rd splitting votes and Jason White won the Heisman the previous year. Not only that Jason White had more first place votes than Adrian Peterson (he didn't even start the first 5 games of the season). Bush and Leinhart had combined 1960 points while Peterson and White had 1954 points. This is including the defending Heisman trophy winner (only one player to ever win 2 heismans) and a Freshman.
You probably think Marqise Lee, Barkley and Woods should be 1,2,3 this year. Biggest scumbag who has a Heisman vote is Carson Palmer. Dude didn't vote for 1 OU player and his top 3 were Matt Leinhart, Cheating Bush, and DWAYNE JARRET.
AD deserved that Heisman and it was even more impressive because he put up those numbers as a Freshman against some grown men.
Big 12 doesn't play defense? That year Big12 >>>> Pac 10 defenses. Your just going by the Big 12 now where all the offenses are spread offenses.
I'm basing this purely on the Heisman and not the BCS game so don't come in here with the 55-19 score. It also was vacated but that is besides the point.

Tell 'em how you really feel :lol:

:rofl:

AP's problem was that he split votes? :lol:
Reggie finished 3rd that year, Leinart didn't have that problem.
AP's problem was he played in a conference where no defense is played.
He was never healthy after that year, sour grapes.
Yes, Matt deserved it that year.

I was gonna say, I'm pretty sure Reggie wasn't third that year...

I'm sure IronMan meant Leinart finished 3rd when Reggie won the Heisman.

Edit: Marqise Lee :smokin

Last edited:
Cardo you know who is definitely leaving on UGA defense for the draft ? I know our offense will be crazy next season...just need some idea of what our defense will be like...the secondary at least the corner spot will be on lock...but the safety position will be a question...you think Fluker gets the start right from the jump ?
The Dline will be a question mark if Kwame leaves with motel 6 for the draft...and who steps up on the line backer core with Jordan Jenkins ?
Outside the Seniors, I personally feel Tree is def gone and Jarvis is 90% gone, but you never know. Kwame's family has a history of leaving early and he stepped up his game toward end of season and is high on draft boards....

As for the returning defense, naming starters right now would just be a guess until Spring Ball, but as of right now our 2-deep probably looks something like this if the above players opt to the draft:

DE: Garrison Smith/John Atkins or Montravious Adams
glasses.gif

NT: John Taylor or Chris Mayes

DE: Ray Drew/Sterling Bailey

OLB: Jordan Jenkins/Leonard Floyd or Chase Vasser

ILB: Amarlo Herrera/Freshman

ILB: Freshman or Ramik Wilson/ Freshman

OLB: Ramik Wilson or Josh Dawson or JHC

CB: Damian Swann/Devin Bowman or Freshman

CB: Sheldon Dawson or Kennar Johnson/Freshman
FS: Tray Matthews or JHC/Marc Deas or Freshman
SS: Corey Moore or JHC/ Shaq Fluker or Connor Norman<--
sick.gif

Coaches still not sure where Josh Harvey-Clemons will be, they want him at OLB, but he's not big enough and he wants to stay at Safety now instead of learning a new position.

Shaq Fluker don't have the grades to EE so chances of him being ready to start are slim to none, some think he may de-commit and go to Texas because he can EE there and they've been making a hard push.

I'm sure the depth chart won't look like that tho come September, we got some freshman coming in that will demand PT.

Justin Manning picks the Ags :pimp:
Ricky Seals-Jones scheduled his press conference for Monday. Ag lock :pimp:
Sumlin is a beast. This staff is ******g HUNGRY :pimp:

OU f'd up the Manning situation. Didn't offer him until way late when he clearly stated he was an OU fan growing up. Plus his brother is DeMarcus Granger who was an OU DL. He even stated OU was his dream school and we still didn't offer. Like what the heck are you waiting for? Clearly our DLine situation is a big concern and we haven't signed anyone. Granger could have started day one and had immediate playing time. A&M signed 3 4* players and Manning still signed. You can't mess up a lay up for a great DT.

A&M best move was going to the SEC to get away from all the OU and Tex teams who clog the Texas state area for the same Big 12 recruits. Now those kids can stay close to home and still be apart of the SEC instead of living in Bama and Louisana etc. A&M didn't wanna be in UT's shadow and they got away and now are branding themselves as the top team in Tex.

Sumlin was a great recruiter at OU so it is no surprise there. The spread offense really has managed well in the SEC and proved the whole SEC speed is BS.

Now we are gonna beat you boys down on the 4th. Boomer Sooner.

Last edited:
What's up with these top talent kids (5 stars) going to 3rd tier SEC schools. Laquon Treadwell and Robert Nmkehrahdaoidhad are Old Miss leans? Hopefully Quon will change back to OU once he visits the 14th.

Last edited:
Who still says anything about SEC speed? Most of the elite programs have speed, just not on the defensive line position which is what really separates the conference. A&M succeeded because they had a dynamic quarterback and a helluva offensive line. I'm sure some of the better defenses will adjust similar to what happened to UF the 2nd year that Urban implemented the spread.

Cincy guys reporting Butch Jones is gone to Tennessee. Wes Rucker saying the same thing. Gunna, you hearing that too?

Good. I just want this over with.
*shrugs*
how dumb does dave hart and the Boosters Look ...

• he identified Charlie Strong as his guy on Friday 11/30/2012.
  • Interviewed him next day. Strong starts calling guys to join Vol staff.
  • hart gets word Gundy was looking for an out and interviewed him.
  • waited for Gundy's answer before he got back to Strong.
  • took 6 days to officially get down to contract squabbling w/ strong.
  • Strong now cautiously takes his *** back to Jurich and talks more l'ville and re ups with them

yet it seemingly takes one day to hammer things out with Butch Jones in desperation...

:x

Last edited:
Yeah I'm not feeling the Butch Jones hire at all...obvious desperation move is obvious

Last edited:
Well, if he is the next man in down at Tenn, I hope y'all enjoy his should I stay or should I go ***.

As far as Cincy's next coach, I'm hearing Pat Narduzzi as a possibility.

Tennessee is a destination type job, though. Very few people are going to have that "should I stay or should I go?" feeling there. And there are very few jobs that come open that can cause that type of feeling from a guy at a place like Tennessee.

If you visit any Cincy boards have fun with those Michigan State cats if y'all go after Narduzzi. Those dudes are like a small cold-blooded army :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom