2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

laugh.gif

Jones will be an upgrade over Dooley for sure. I think he'll do fine. Getting those athletes in his offense will be great too.

Manti Te'o got robbed for that Davey O'Brien award for the nation's best QB

:lol:

Well, if he is the next man in down at Tenn, I hope y'all enjoy his should I stay or should I go ***.
As far as Cincy's next coach, I'm hearing Pat Narduzzi as a possibility.

Wow. Don't think Butch is ready for Tenn, but guess we'll see.

If you're a Cincy fan you have to at least take comfort that your program essentially gets its pick of the top up and coming coaches.

The UTk coaching search reminds me a little of Michigan's when Carr left... The only difference is arr gave Martin about 6 months to start looking and planning an attack and he stiff whiffed... Hope it works out better for you guys Gunna.

laugh.gif

Wow. Don't think Butch is ready for Tenn, but guess we'll see.
If you're a Cincy fan you have to at least take comfort that your program essentially gets its pick of the top up and coming coaches.
And then go through the sameee thing in 3 more years.
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Reuben Foster just decommitted from Auburn.

someone pleaseeeeeeeeeee link his auburn tattoo :x :lol:

Last edited:
it is my understanding the athletic dept made bringing him home a priority,

not the greatest coach but excellent recruiter and a hometown hero.

Doesn't he have an Auburn Tattoo????...lol, could be because Malzahn is retaining Trooper Taylor

Lol, that he does. Goes right along w/ Marlin Lane & his Clemson tattoo & Patrick Robinson & his Miami Tattoo.

Gotta believe that Foster ends up wherever Trooper does, provided trooper is hired before NSD

Stop. Wisconsin isn't in the Big XII, that is why Oklahoma did not play them. Just stop. Don't bring in research when it is so false that you can't even make an excuse to try and validate it.

:lol: why are you so bitter though. Screwed the pooch on Wisconsin. Everything else is fact though (long day). Can't even say AP was the top back that year. One of the top backs, yes, THE top back. Nope.

Did UT drop the ball? Yes. Are you really going to hammer them cause they are trying to put student into student-athlete. Props to them.

UTk really looking foolish over the past few years

yup

the administration is a Joke.

they have tried to turn the school into a top 25 academic school.

they make athletes who are granted admission pass an advisory board, they no longer offer "standard classes" that the other SEC football factories do.

there's a reason Strong did his research and passed. its not the entire reason but it is part of the internal struggle to get back to the old days.

Phil Fulmer even addressed it at his hall of fame induction.

the 100s of millions of dollars have not been funneled back into the football program and on top of that the AD just completely Effed up the coaching search.

Butch Jones could end up being a world beater, ( *shrugs* ) but this was a desperate move to try n salvage a total choke job of a hiring process ...

What's funny is so much of that happened at Clemson. It was around #28-30 public school and the initiative was for top 20. A committee was put in place (AARC, I think...) and there were reportedly top recruits that coaches were told to stop recruiting. Ones that ended up admitted to ACC & SEC schools. That and huge struggles between the Athletic Department, booster club & president. Dabo was hired because the previous AD "saw something in him" :x with not even co-ordinator experience...and because he was a cheap hire, there were barely any legit interviews to other candidates.

I hope for Tennessee's stake things work out, don't like or dislike them but I can understand how the football program has been handcuffed. It's fallen far though.

Doesn't he have an Auburn Tattoo????...lol, could be because Malzahn is retaining Trooper Taylor

Lol, that he does. Goes right along w/ Marlin Lane & his Clemson tattoo & Patrick Robinson & his Miami Tattoo.

Gotta believe that Foster ends up wherever Trooper does, provided trooper is hired before NSD

There were two other kids that were commits that got Clemson tattoos like 5-7 years ago. I think both couldn't get into school, one ended up at Michigan St, the other JUCO or something. Florida kids, can't remember their names. :smh:

Last edited:

Either with Trooper or to UGA

Got a text from his (EJ Levenberry Jr) dad saying the Oklahoma LB coach came to do an in home last night and was totally negative recruiting against FSU and the city of Tallahassee which turned the family off completely. They liked coach Stoops and out of respect for him they allowed the coach in, but it showed them what they have in FSU even more. The FSU coaches have never talked about another program, they have just talked about what they have to offer.

:lol:

That wouldn't be the first time this week that the OU coaches ****** up an in-home primarily because of negative recruiting.

FSU bout to Lose EJ doe

Nah mayne

Tennessee was the only threat left and if Gruden or Strong took the job, I think EJ would have visited. But they know nothing about Butch Jones and have no interest so EJ is a 'Nole and, in my opinion, has been for a long, long time despite Michigan coming back in on him a few weeks ago, Oklahoma and Alabama coming in on him and the Tennessee issue.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom