2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

Marqise playing Kenjon and JF in college football :lol:

I've never understood the supposed mentality of some of these big money guys. So you're fine with 80% of the team being black, but you won't accept a black head coach?
mean.gif
theyre from the old school. most of these guys are 55+ years old

not to make an excuse but thats how they were brought up

the field hands can play but the guy leading the charge has to be someone they can relate to

*shrugs*

it sucks but it is what it is.
exactly.  they don't have to interact directly to or go to dinners with the players.  they have to sit in a room with the head coach and introduce him to their families and stuff his pocket with money.  they'd rather he was someone of their ilk. 

same reasons so many schools had a white QB only policy for all those years.  the "Face" of the team had to be the same as theirs.

Last edited:
"Hopefully, they don't rob him like they did me," Adrian Peterson, who lost by 328 votes to junior Matt Leinart in 2004, said in an interview with The Associated Press. "I hope he wins."

Peterson is perhaps the greatest victim ever of the "I'm not voting for a freshman!" ideal that permeates Heisman voting. Back in 2004, when Peterson lost, a sophomore had never even won the award. He's absolutely right that he was robbed for no good reason besides his age, though having teammate Jason White finish third in voting didn't help his case.

Now, another barrier might fall. I'd argue that Peterson's 1,925-yard freshman season was more impressive than Manziel's. He set an NCAA record for 100-yard games by a freshman, with 11, and went down as one of the all-time Sooner greats, though the rest of his career was marred by injuries and he never got an opportunity to bring home a Heisman.

You never know what's ahead, and Peterson wants to see Manziel get his opportunity now.

"Hopefully, they don't rob him like they did me," Adrian Peterson, who lost by 328 votes to junior Matt Leinart in 2004, said in an interview with The Associated Press. "I hope he wins."
Peterson is perhaps the greatest victim ever of the "I'm not voting for a freshman!" ideal that permeates Heisman voting. Back in 2004, when Peterson lost, a sophomore had never even won the award. He's absolutely right that he was robbed for no good reason besides his age, though having teammate Jason White finish third in voting didn't help his case.
Now, another barrier might fall. I'd argue that Peterson's 1,925-yard freshman season was more impressive than Manziel's. He set an NCAA record for 100-yard games by a freshman, with 11, and went down as one of the all-time Sooner greats, though the rest of his career was marred by injuries and he never got an opportunity to bring home a Heisman.
You never know what's ahead, and Peterson wants to see Manziel get his opportunity now.

I'm baffled how AD didn't get an Heisman trophy... Leinart was a great college player, but for AD to come in and drop 1900+ yards as a true freshman in Oklahoma is nuts IMO.

Ahh yes, Marshawn vs AP
naw that was wack *** JJ arrington who wasnt even the best player on his own team

im not sure how AD comments say he is mad about the bowl game. only USC fans tho
grin.gif

AD problem was he split votes with jason white.

Last edited:
And people thought Mark Stoops' wife was out of his league :lol:
[COLOR=#red]The SEC has stepped up the quality of wives in the last couple of years.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#red]
Commensurate with the salaries my dude. Hot women follow the $$$ trail.[/COLOR]

AP's problem was that he split votes? :lol:

Reggie finished 3rd that year, Leinart didn't have that problem.

AP's problem was he played in a conference where no defense is played.

He was never healthy after that year, sour grapes.

Yes, Matt deserved it that year.

[COLOR=#red]That's the year of the infamous "Push" that got y'all past Notre Dame. Remember it like it was yesterday.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]That's the year of the infamous "Push" that got y'all past Notre Dame. Remember it like it was yesterday.[/COLOR]

If you remember it like it was yesterday you would know you have the wrong year champ, :wink:

The year Matt won the Heisman, USC wiped the floor with most of the schedule, ND lost 41-10... No "Bush Push" necessary.

To this day still baffles me that the "Bush Push" is relevant, players pushing the pile... see it all the time.

AP's problem was that he split votes?
laugh.gif

That's the year of the infamous "Push" that got y'all past Notre Dame. Remember it like it was yesterday.
Clearly not, because the push was in 2005.  Sorry bud.  Leinart won the Heisman stomping ND 41-10.  No push needed.

If you remember it like it was yesterday you would know you have the wrong year champ, :wink:
The year Matt won the Heisman, USC wiped the floor with most of the schedule, ND lost 41-10... No "Bush Push" necessary.
To this day still baffles me that the "Bush Push" is relevant, players pushing the pile... see it all the time.

[COLOR=#red]I am wrong. No need to even try to save face. Looks like I need my own personal Tony Reali :x [/COLOR]

Last edited:
The 2004 Big 12 wasn't the heavy spread conference that it is recognized as today. Their were some solid defenses in the conference.

Peterson just put in work behind a monster offensive line.

Back
Top Bottom