2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blake hits that second free thow,

and CP3 simply waits for the foul instead of attempting to get 3 shots out of it...

Clips go up 3-2.

The end.

Julius F. Wrek

Russ got that ref groupie love the Steph God should have gotten. I dont know if theres two people I enjoy seeing so salty more than CP0 and Doc.

and CP3 simply waits for the foul instead of attempting to get 3 shots out of it...

Julius F. Wrek
This was the biggest thing.. don't know what the hell he was doing there.. He just had to dribble past half court and stand there, homeboy tried to get too fancy with it

NBA officiating is simply just inconsistent. I'm not sure if the NBA has ever admitted to this, but they should. Its probably the most inconsistent of all professional sports. Part of that is due to the pace of the game, but when you establish a replay system to review plays in the final minutes, its better to just go by the rule book.

It did look like a bunch of middle school players out there trying to close a game out, but the officiating was bad as well on both sides.

I would love for the NBA to issue a challenge system similar to the NFL. Give the coach 2 challenges a game to use during stoppage of play. If a challenge system was implemented, Brooks would have challenged the fact Reggie Jackson was fouled. Therefore, the ball going out of bounds off of him would have NOT been disputed. If you are going to add a replay system, go all out and do as much as possible to make the officiating better. I would rather them do that than to add these bogus flagrant 1 and 2 fouls.

Am I the only one who is still shocked that Jackson went for the layup instead of passing to a open KD or Westbrook?

View media item 970277
3. No name calling, attacks or flames wars. ANYTHING specifically directed at another member in a disrespectful way will NOT be tolerated. Flames are unacceptable in any form and will result in immediate banishment. Any post calling out a specific member or group of members will be locked without discussion. This includes "Newbie" bashing.

Last edited:
The more and more I watch these playoffs the more I realize the two best teams are the Heat and the Spurs.
The Heat haven't even looked that dominant.. Wade and Bosh are like role players half the time, there's no way they win this year with them playing like that.

Imo the two best teams are the Spurs and Clippers.

Last edited:
NBA officiating is simply just inconsistent. I'm not sure if the NBA has ever admitted to this, but they should. Its probably the most inconsistent of all professional sports. Part of that is due to the pace of the game, but when you establish a replay system to review plays in the final minutes, its better to just go by the rule book.

It did look like a bunch of middle school players out there trying to close a game out, but the officiating was bad as well on both sides.

I would love for the NBA to issue a challenge system similar to the NFL. Give the coach 2 challenges a game to use during stoppage of play. If a challenge system was implemented, Brooks would have challenged the fact Reggie Jackson was fouled. Therefore, the ball going out of bounds off of him would have NOT been disputed. If you are going to add a replay system, go all out and do as much as possible to make the officiating better. I would rather them do that than to add these bogus flagrant 1 and 2 fouls.
A good idea in theory but the execution would be a disaster I think.

What would and wouldnt be allowed to be challenged? Becuase if they allow things like illegal screens and travels to be challegned then all hell will break loose.

That on top of the review we already have would stop games forever.

Last edited:
Chris Paul Really ****** That One Up
32,634g
O
18kyqts7ykyftjpg.jpg

[h4]Tom Ley[/h4]

mu5d7s1l5wpkp5lxcdbo.jpg

Take a good look at Chris Paul's face. Have you ever in your life seen a more distraught person? This is the face of a man who ****** up big time, and is painfully aware of just how badly he ****** up.

A quick recap of Chris Paul's performance in the last 49 seconds of Game 5:
  • Hits a 17-foot jumper that makes the score 104-97, sticking what appeared to be a giant dagger into the chest of the Thunder.
  • With 13 seconds left and his team up by two, Paul anticipates the intentional foul from Russell Westbrook in the backcourt, but for some reason—for some goddamn reason—decides to leap into the air and try to bait Westbrook into a shooting foul. Westbrook promptly strips him and dishes it to Reggie Jackson, who has the ball (maybe) knocked out of bounds by Matt Barnes.
  • After the ensuing inbounds pass, Westbrook shoots a contested three over Paul, who fouls him. Westbrook sinks all three free throws.
  • Now down by one with six seconds remaining, Paul probes his way into the lane, looking for space to get off a potential game-winner. He loses the handle, and Serge Ibaka grabs the loose ball. Game over.
That is just an absolutely brutal sequence of basketball for one player to endure, let alone one who has played so brilliantly throughout this series. After the game, Paul called those last 49 seconds the "Toughest thing I've ever been through, basketballwise."

It's almost always dumb to blame a loss on one single player, but it's also very rare to see one guy cram so much failure into such a short period of time. Chris Paul (almost) singlehandedly took his team from up seven with 49 seconds to play to down one with two big fat zeroes showing on the clock. It's fair to question the foul call on Westbrook's three, or the out-of-bounds call on Barnes, but none of those things happen if Paul just accepts the intentional foul on the previous possession instead of trying steal three free throws in the backcourt.

Paul now finds himself in a bit of a rare position. He is once again on the verge of not making it out of the second round of the playoffs, but in the past that recurring feat that has been forgiven due to his being saddled with sub-par teammates and coaches. But this Clippers team is the best he's ever been on, and if they can't pull out two more games against the Thunder, everyone is going to remember Paul's failings from last night, and they won't be wrong to do so.
I know @Big J 33 already posted this but it's a great shot

What for dude?

You have Doc Rivers sitting here, literally saying, "yeah, Barnes fouled him, but it should be our ball".

Get the **** out of here with that. The ball belongs to OKC, no matter how you slice it. Either call the foul from the replay, or the action of his hand hitting Reggie's hand caused the ball to go out, pick one. Either way, OKC ball, clear and simple. There's no need to have a challenge by Brooks, only to have Doc then challenge the challenge, etc.

I can't sit there and watch Doc go off at the handle, and say, "yeah, our guy fouled their guy, but it should be our ball, or get rid of replay." **** up Doc. :rolleyes

Doc literally said they did everything to lose the game but should have win the game. lol

You can't say you should of lost but got robbed :lol:

Last edited:
They go to the replay to see who the ball went out on, not to fix a mistake. Point blank period.

And why Ibaka didn't get suspended for punching Griffin in the nuts with a CLOSED FIST? Inconsistency. I'm not upset for Zbo getting suspended, but be consistent.

They go to the replay to see who the ball went out on, not to fix a mistake. Point blank period.

And why Ibaka didn't get suspended for punching Griffin in the nuts with a CLOSED FIST? Inconsistency. I'm not upset for Zbo getting suspended, but be consistent.

The ball was off Barnes. His hand, caused the action that knocked the ball out. The rule that Antidope posted, and TNT posted, and NBATV posted.......are you confused by it or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom