2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know to play the 4 straight championships almost card when you can just as easily play the "they almost lost in the WCF in '00 and '02" card if not for a few lucky bounces here or there.

Duncan's consistency (especially what he has done over the past few years) and moved him into the position where he trumps Kobe all-time. Literally the spurs has never not won 50 games with him, I don't know if people understand just how hard that is to do.

What does "they almost lost" even mean? Every single championship team "almost lost" :lol:

You know to play the 4 straight championships almost card when you can just as easily play the "they almost lost in the WCF in '00 and '02" card if not for a few lucky bounces here or there.

Duncan's consistency (especially what he has done over the past few years) and moved him into the position where he trumps Kobe all-time. Literally the spurs has never not won 50 games with him, I don't know if people understand just how hard that is to do.
What does "they almost lost" even mean? Every single championship team "almost lost"
laugh.gif
except for the 01 lakers 
pimp.gif

What does "they almost lost" even mean? Every single championship team "almost lost" :lol:

I had referenced the Horry shot in game 5 2003 that rimmed in and out, costing LA a chance to win a 4th straight.

So he countered with the Lakers barely got by in 2000 and 02 WCF.

reminds me of that bill simmons youtube video before the finals last year where he was like if this happened differently this year and that happened differently that year, tim duncan would have 6 championships!!!

I love people keep putting Tim Duncan in the PF category, when he's been a C since David Robinson retired.

Also the fact that Kobe has eviscerated the Spurs in every playoff series sans 2003, sorry can't put Timmy over him. He's still top 10 all time though.

Last edited:
That's my point, except for '01 (the greatest team I've ever seen), a lot of championships are held together by a few balls bouncing a certain way. Luck matters.

That's my point, except for '01 (the greatest team I've ever seen), a lot of championships are held together by a few balls bouncing a certain way. Luck matters.
hitting shots is not lucky, not boxing out and giving up offensive rebounds is not lucky

there are a bunch of times where the difference between two teams is so marginal that one play ends up being the difference, that doesnt mean it is luck

the best team each year always wins the championship

Kobe in 02-03 or Kobe in 05-06?

:nerd:

Gotta go with 05-06 because it was basically Kobe vs the other team, actually Kobe vs the world.

While he was amazing in 02-03 and it was the beginning of his prime, he had a way better team around him which made it easier for him to flourish.

05-06 was Kobe reuniting with Phil and just being an absolute savage every night. Dude had 27 40 point games, dropped 81 and literally outscored a a playoff team through 3 quarters.

He averaged 43 points through January, remember KD's January?

I don't think I missed a Kobe game that year, he was God level.

Last edited:
Man, I'd love to see Curry and co. under D'Antoni.

I think there's enough defensive players in the fold (Bogut, Iguodala, Thompson, Green) coupled with his offense for them to hit their ceiling.

Edit:

Ariza getting $10 million per? WHAT. :lol:

I've BEEN trying to say this.

Y'all think dantoni gonna show up and iggy/draymond/bogut/klay gonna just forget how to defend? They already are capable and willing defenders, dantoni if anything will just spike their offensive efficiency

I agree with you. My point was, he already had the 3 straight, in hand. They were done, can't take them back.

Had Horry hit that shot, they march on to 4 straight, with him going 30-6-5, All NBA defense (legit back then) playing all 82 after 3 straight Finals runs. With Shaq resting much of the year on company time. :lol:

no such thing as luck in the playoffs, just one team making a mistake and another team taking advantage of it

miami was not lucky to win game 6, the spurs just did everything wrong in the final minute and miami did everything right to take advantage of it

Gotta go with 05-06 because it was basically Kobe vs the other team, actually Kobe vs the world.

While he was amazing in 02-03 and it was the beginning of his prime, he had a way better team around him which made it easier for him to flourish.

05-06 was Kobe reuniting with Phil and just being an absolute savage every night. Dude had 27 40 point games, dropped 81 and literally outscored a a playoff team through 3 quarters.

He averaged 43 points through January, remember KD's January?

I don't think I missed a Kobe game that year, he was God level.

That 05-06 was the most impressive season i've ever witnessed. Keep in mind that his team consisted of Smush Parker, Chris Mihm, Aaron Mckie, Caron Butler & i believe Lamar Odom also.

He was destroying teams damn near single handed EVERY night.

As far as Duncan's longevity we must also admit that he had the same coach throughout that tenure and for the past 12-13 years has had the exact core of (Manu/Parker) with him. With that said if we are looking at straight individual performances... Kobe last season put up 27,6 & 7 on 46% shooting in his 18th year. to put that in perspective in what many called one of the best seasons ever recorded, Lebron put up 27,8 &7 on 53% shooting.

If that isn't consistency then i don't know what to say.

Chris Mihm and Aaron Mckie, they put him out there with Chris Mihm and Aaron Mckie. :x :lol:

Bean still got them to 45 wins in the West.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom