2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
His age would be a huge factor IMO. His ceiling is already reached and theres no potential left. I mean he can still improve next year but you're honestly going to get 2 more years of him producing on this level. Seems like Beal and Walls improvement made it easier for him to play his position.

I may be wrong though, Ariza does deserve to get paid this summer but if I was a GM I'd rethink any long term deals/contracts.

:lol: this is going to be a treat.

I wonder who's gonna do it, I know it ain't the Wizards.

On top of it all, he benefits SO much from Wall's ability to find the man open for corner 3's. Not too many PGs in the league can do that, and those that can, are probably on teams where the GMs won't overpay for his services.

2000-2009 - Kobe Bryant = Best Player On Planet

can we stop the damn comparisons and appreciate all 3 and what they have done?
roll.gif

How old are you? Honestly, if you think Kobe was the best player from 2000-2009 I would guess you aren't older than 21.

On another note, Free Michael Beasley!
Tracy McGrady was undoubtedly the best player on the planet somewhere in that 2000-05 range for atleast 3-5 years.

Dont remember the exact time, those were my club days. But its truth. Someone please disagree.

Originally Posted by a-friend  

Tracy McGrady was undoubtedly the best player on the planet somewhere in that 2000-05 range for atleast 3-5 years.

Dont remember the exact time, those were my club days. But its truth. Someone please disagree.
3-5 years? No. In '02-'03 he was the 1B to Duncan's 1A.

I'm not mad at all. Barnes had a good rookie year but fell off. I'm not ready to write him off

There's no way he'll ever be more valuable than Drummond though. Don't act like if there's a redraft Drummond doesn't go second after Anthony Davis.

Also consider he was exactly the cog you needed, you guys never needed Barnes and I like him. You ended up signing Iggy making him even more useless since he's not the defender nor the play maker Iggy is. You're probably going to end up trading him ironically.

Drummond woulda gave you what Bogut does now on a rookie deal compared to the 12 mill you pay him now, you can't say that's not a more optimal situation.

& also saying it wouldn't be easy to trade a healthy Bogut? You know how valuable rim protection is in this league?

Like I said its all hypothetical but don't act like this all couldn't easily have been done. Consider that Drummond was the higher rated prospect to begin with.

Last edited:

3-5 years? No. In '02-'03 he was the 1B to Duncan's 1A.
Kobe was better than both of them tho.
To be fair, Jordan is probably still the greatest of all time
nerd.gif

I'd take Ariza for the MLE, nothing more though. I know it won't happen though. Presti be calling dudes offering them etra minimum wage $2.14 an hr and **** :rolleyes, that's why all we get every year is Derek Fisher and some basketball vagabond who was at the Passport office with an English to Bolivian Translate Dictionary when he got the call and is in no position to haggle or complain.

I'm more interested in what they do with Gortat.

I'd take Ariza for the MLE, nothing more though. I know it won't happen though. Presti be calling dudes offering them etra minimum wage $2.14 an hr and **** :rolleyes, that's why all we get every year is Derek Fisher and some basketball vagabond who was at the Passport office with an English to Bolivian Translate Dictionary when he got the call and is in no position to haggle or complain.

One trade that I saw thrown around on Real Gm was Nene for Steven Adams and Perk. Would the Thunder bite?

*edit*

I would like to give EG the benefit of the doubt and say he'll let Ariza walk, but I can't. :lol:

There's a good chance we have Ariza, Webster, and Porter on the roster to start next season :smh:

Last edited:

One trade that I saw thrown around on Real Gm was Nene for Steven Adams and Perk. Would the Thunder bite?

hell ******* no

even a cavs gm would balk at that

Barnes wouldn't have started last year had Rush not torn his ACL. :smh:

I hope he bounces back. I like him as a 3&D guy for cheap.

Last edited:
Nah, too much money and years for Nene especially with his injury history at 26mil over 2 yrs remaining. I'd rather than just eat Perk's last yr of 9 mil then resign him to something more favorable to keep him if he'd like and obviously have a few years of Adams at rookie scale learning behind him.

Kobe was better than both of them tho.
I don't want to start a war in here but I just don't see it, Timmy had him in all the advanced metrics both regular season and postseason, team success regular season and postseason, regular season MVP, title, Finals MVP. I'm not sure what Kobe's case is except most well-rounded or something like that.

Nene, when healthy and engaged is one of the most talented bigs in the league. However, I'm over him. He'd be much better served on a veteran team that can really rest him during the regular season and then turn him loose in the playoffs.

Maybe moving him for Ilyasova makes more sense. I dunno...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom