2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's the thing tho the chances of them adding a big FA is slim considering their paying Gortat 13 a year until 2016 & they have two major pieces to their success in Ariza & Gortat up for new contracts this offseason. I think Ariza is expendable unless he's willing to take 5-6 a year, but can they really make a case for not bringing bak Gortat?

I would LOVE to see this team wit Cousins tho but SAC ain't gonna let that happen anytime soon.

Ariza is getting PAID this offseason. He'll get a contract in the 10 mil range and so will Gortat. I think Ariza is going to be heading to the west coast, but what happens w/ Gortat is a good question. He's going to also get something more than 10 mil per year. He's 1000x better than Javale McGee, and I don't think he'll take a penny less than what he's earning. I like Gortat and he brings a lot to this team, but I'd only let him go if they knew that they could bring in Chris Bosh. Other than that, I expect Gortat to be back in DC on a 3 year deal. In a perfect world, he'd take a 2 year deal so the team could put all the chips on the table in 2016, but that ain't happening.

90sera 90sera "Why would Melo choose Chicago where he'll have to carry the offense and who knows about Rose at this point?"

isnt he carring the O in NY tho & the reason they cant win is they never score more than the other team aka no D

chicago isnt in the off's at this very moment because they couldnt put the pill in the bottle & thats exactly what melo does

regardless of how rose comes back Chicago or Houston is the only places that makes sense for him to go

If i'm him I'm absolutely Going to Houston.... but when comparing the Bulls & Wizards I'm taking Wall/Beal/Nene over Taj/Noah/ and a two seasons gone D-Rose

If you knew d-rose was healthy that's a no brainer.. but based off superstars in recent memory (Penny, Hill, Roy, T-Mac, Yao etc etc) when someone is constantly missing the majority of the NBA season you shouldn't trust it.

Now if you have No Rose, Melo is basically in NY all over again with a MUCH better Defense... it doesn't takeaway the fact that come playoff time he's the only scorer teams have to worry about and they will easily focus in on him. At max they would be what Indy is right now & i don't think that's enough to overcome the Heat, Thunder, Spurs etc etc.

So basically staying in NY gives him hope for FA coming along next year
Going to Chi makes him a part contender in the short run
Going to DC gives him hope for the future

Man, I'd love to see Curry and co. under D'Antoni.

I think there's enough defensive players in the fold (Bogut, Iguodala, Thompson, Green) coupled with his offense for them to hit their ceiling.

Edit:

Ariza getting $10 million per? WHAT. :lol:

Last edited:
that's the thing tho the chances of them adding a big FA is slim considering their paying Gortat 13 a year until 2016 & they have two major pieces to their success in Ariza & Gortat up for new contracts this offseason. I think Ariza is expendable unless he's willing to take 5-6 a year, but can they really make a case for not bringing bak Gortat?

I would LOVE to see this team wit Cousins tho but SAC ain't gonna let that happen anytime soon.

Cousins would be a great move but I don't see it either. If Melo choose Chicago and Rose comes back right they would be a problem. The D is already in place and they would have all the firepower they'll need to contend for the title.

I think there's enough defensive players in the fold (Bogut, Iguodala, Thompson, Green) coupled with his offense for them to hit their ceiling.

Edit:

He's making close to 8 right now...you think he's going to take less than that? Nope. Premier 3 & D guy in the league who will most likely be OVERPAID this summer. I'd be shocked with him making anything less than 9.5.

Edit:

IMO he shouldve never left LA w/ Kobe

90sera 90sera "Why would Melo choose Chicago where he'll have to carry the offense and who knows about Rose at this point?"

isnt he carring the O in NY tho & the reason they cant win is they never score more than the other team aka no D

chicago isnt in the off's at this very moment because they couldnt put the pill in the bottle & thats exactly what melo does

regardless of how rose comes back Chicago or Houston is the only places that makes sense for him to go

If i'm him I'm absolutely Going to Houston.... but when comparing the Bulls & Wizards I'm taking Wall/Beal/Nene over Taj/Noah/ and a two seasons gone D-Rose

If you knew d-rose was healthy that's a no brainer.. but based off superstars in recent memory (Penny, Hill, Roy, T-Mac, Yao etc etc) when someone is constantly missing the majority of the NBA season you shouldn't trust it.

Now if you have No Rose, Melo is basically in NY all over again with a MUCH better Defense... it doesn't takeaway the fact that come playoff time he's the only scorer teams have to worry about and they will easily focus in on him. At max they would be what Indy is right now & i don't think that's enough to overcome the Heat, Thunder, Spurs etc etc.

So basically staying in NY gives him hope for FA coming along next year
Going to Chi makes him a part contender in the short run
Going to DC gives him hope for the future

i disagree but appreciate how you broke it down

its actually butler/noah/taj & possibly dj
jimmy will be much better once they realize hes not luol on both sides of the court YET
i personally dont think this playoff nene shows up next season i seriously think hes on roids wall n beal should only get better ovb

Last edited:
Ariza was due for a paycut. As outstanding as he's been all year, that probably won't change.

Remember that $8 mil/year was from the Rockets who thought he could be a #1 guy or something close to it.

Well considering the idiots that are the NBA GM's won't be the least bit surprised if he gets that much. Though this season was a "contract year" so it's not surprising he's playing his best trying to get paid. LAL didn't fall for his shenanigans.

Ariza was due for a paycut. As outstanding as he's been all year, that probably won't change.

Remember that $8 mil/year was from the Rockets who thought he could be a #1 guy or something close to it.

With the way the league is going (having an emphasis on 3 & D players), Ariza's value will never be higher. Two things worry me...

1. Contract year

2. His age

I really have no doubt that he's going to be overpaid this summer. He's earned it, tho.

He's making close to 8 right now...you think he's going to take less than that? Nope. Premier 3 & D guy in the league who will most likely be OVERPAID this summer. I'd be shocked with him making anything less than 9.5.

How Old is Ariza tho? 29/30

I wouldn't be surprised if one foolish team throws him 10 mil but i don't see his market Value surpassing that of what he got on his last contract, considering he was coming off a championship run, made big shots throughout & was 3-4 years younger.

As Far as Bosh it would be PERFECT but i don't see him leaving MIA, Riley & spolestra know his value to that team and how his abilities help Lebron shine, the only way i see him leaving is if he's demanding 17-20 a year out of MIA.

Overall i see them keeping Gortat for around 10 and maybe doing a Sign & Trade for some young players. Arixa would be a perfect fit for the clippers but they don't have the young players or picks the wizards need.

Someone will be

a. dumb enough to overpay
b. desprate enough to overpay to add a final piece to a contender.

I pray it's not the raptors.

Most teams should know better by now. Ariza isn't changing a team's fortunes or bringing excitement on his own. He's had high scoring games but all as a role player.

Nothing would surprise me in the NBA. But I don't see a bad/dumb team convincing themselves into throwing $8mil at Ariza again. He's a pure role player that's aging.

He's more the type that a contender will throw the MLE at

Last edited:

Edit:

Eh, doubt it.

I think he'll be a victim of teams hoarding cap space. Maybe in the $6-7 million range per year. But hey, maybe the Mavs or Suns pay up.

Edit:

IMO he shouldve never left LA for the pennies he got in houston
His agent played him.

With the way the league is going (having an emphasis on 3 & D players), Ariza's value will never be higher. Two things worry me...

1. Contract year

2. His age

I really have no doubt that he's going to be overpaid this summer. He's earned it, tho.

:lol: this is going to be a treat.

I wonder who's gonna do it, I know it ain't the Wizards.

1. Contract year

2. His age

:lol: this is going to be a treat.

I wonder who's gonna do it, I know it ain't the Wizards.
Trying to challenge Ernie Grunfeld?

I'm not mad at all. Just the stupid stuff that gets posted in here :lol: go a trade this person and get this person. NT GMs always give me a good laugh

You sound mad though, what I said was very feasible, you guys just drafted Barnes. :lol:
I'm not mad at all. Barnes had a good rookie year but fell off. I'm not ready to write him off

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom