2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
and i just saw that the W's Gave Bogut a 3yr/36 mill extension..... That drowns them a lil further for the next few years, They won't really have any good picks, they will be capped out for the next three/ and their best two players despite being really good offensively aren't very good defensively, while the next two (A.I & Lee) are already at their max and will only become worse over the next few years.

Golden State NEEDS Barnes to become an all star caliber player or they are no better than a second round squad for the next 3-4 IMO

The Warriors as constructed aren't going to be better than the Thunder, Rockets, Clippers & maybe Portland for the next few years..

In the East you have a elder heat team,
Indy

& then who else? Every other young team is in the exact position the Pistons are in
Wizards are in much better shape than the rest of the East and are 1 player away from true title contention.
You already got to eat them after last nights Portland win 
roll.gif
nerd.gif
Lol
Hopefully Wiz get better next year they're an exciting team to watch. Pistons have the pieces to be a dominant defensive team. I project them being a 3 seed next year.
Lol gs not making playoffs...? Whose going to take their spot, the wolves lmao
Bro did you not watch bball at all this year? Granted Golden State is a pretty good team but they BARELY made the playoffs by like 2 games.

GS isn't that good mane outside Steph and Iggy. Klay and Lee are polished offensively but they can't play D for ****

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 3m
Detroit's offer to Stan Van Gundy is coach and president of basketball operations. Warriors now fear their top two candidates out of reach

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 39s
Pistons just waiting on Stan's signature now but expectation is he's likely to accept. @WojYahooNBA first reported Detroit's interest in SVG

laugh.gif
serves them right.
I hope SVG faxes in the signed contract from an Oakland Kinkos 
mean.gif

It probably wouldn't have changed much with the last couple years with the Kings but I'm still a little salty about that 
laugh.gif

The Washington School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Our crystal ball tell us that D.C.’s basketball future has the makings of a potential conference contender
by Zach Lowe on May 13, 2014Print

The Wizards are probably done, but the euphoria over their spirited playoff mini run is justified. Before two weeks ago, the Wiz had won just one playoff series since 1981-82. Think about how incompetent a franchise must be to poop out such a run in a league where half the teams make the postseason. Even Donald Sterling is kind of impressed.

Rest of Article in Link

:pimp:

I'm a huge Wall/Beal fan but the wizards have no pick this year, Porter doesn't look like he will EVER be a star in this League & their stuck with the contract of Nene for atleast another 2-3 years, & their best players off the bench are all aging Vets

A nucleus of Drummond/Monroe/Jennings/Pope/ is very similar if not better than Wall/Beal/Porter/????

Porter missed the offseason and hasn't played much as a result. Give him a chance first. Wall didn't look like a star after his rookie season either.

I expect them to attract and go after free agents. Why would Melo choose Chicago where he'll have to carry the offense and who knows about Rose at this point. Add potential free agents and the experience of this year and there better than Detroit.

I'll Never get why a team with Two young guys like Steph & Klay would destroy their cap flexibility for a guy who has proven over & over again that he can't stay healthy?

It's not like this guy is the missing piece either Bogut at 12 mill a year is CRIPPLING for this team

watching that fisher 0.4 shot amazing game. I just realized that the spurs are always on the bad end of those buzzer beaters.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA now

Golden State's management group is headed to Oklahoma City to make a final push for Steve Kerr, sources tell Yahoo. Kerr has TNT game there.

Losing Mark Jackson wasn't necessarily a step back... unless they whiff and have to hire a Plan F like Keith Smart or Mike D'Antoni

Last edited:

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA now

Golden State's management group is headed to Oklahoma City to make a final push for Steve Kerr, sources tell Yahoo. Kerr has TNT game there.
Losing Mark Jackson wasn't necessarily a step back... unless they whiff and have to hire a Plan F like Keith Smart or Mike D'Antoni
the potential to upgrade after firing mike jackson was not a step back

but the way they fired and treated mark jackson is going to turn off potential coaching upgrades

He and the whole Warriors team became a good defensive team under Mark Jackson...and they fired him.
Did Harrison Barnes not regress this season?
David Lee still can't guard a chair, Steph seems less inclined on that end as well please let them hire MDA so everything they've done to progress as a team defensively goes right out the window; they'll return to scoring 110 a game and end up giving up 115.

Last edited:
Porter missed the offseason and hasn't played much as a result. Give him a chance first. Wall didn't look like a star after his rookie season either.

I expect them to attract and go after free agents. Why would Melo choose Chicago where he'll have to carry the offense and who knows about Rose at this point. Add potential free agents and the experience of this year and there better than Detroit.

that's the thing tho the chances of them adding a big FA is slim considering their paying Gortat 13 a year until 2016 & they have two major pieces to their success in Ariza & Gortat up for new contracts this offseason. I think Ariza is expendable unless he's willing to take 5-6 a year, but can they really make a case for not bringing bak Gortat?

I would LOVE to see this team wit Cousins tho but SAC ain't gonna let that happen anytime soon.

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 3m
Detroit's offer to Stan Van Gundy is coach and president of basketball operations. Warriors now fear their top two candidates out of reach

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 39s
Pistons just waiting on Stan's signature now but expectation is he's likely to accept. @WojYahooNBA first reported Detroit's interest in SVG

laugh.gif
serves them right.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

90sera 90sera "Why would Melo choose Chicago where he'll have to carry the offense and who knows about Rose at this point?"

isnt he carring the O in NY tho & the reason they cant win is they never score more than the other team aka no D

chicago isnt in the off's at this very moment because they couldnt put the pill in the bottle & thats exactly what melo does

regardless of how rose comes back Chicago or Houston is the only places that makes sense for him to go

I'm a huge Wall/Beal fan but the wizards have no pick this year, Porter doesn't look like he will EVER be a star in this League & their stuck with the contract of Nene for atleast another 2-3 years, & their best players off the bench are all aging Vets

A nucleus of Drummond/Monroe/Jennings/Pope/ is very similar if not better than Wall/Beal/Porter/????

What exactly would the Wizards be doing with the 18th pick? You never know what the future holds when the deals happen, but LUCKILY both the Ariza/Okafor and Gortat trades worked out for the best. I don't think there is anyone in their right mind, knowing the history of this team, who would want to do things any differently this season. Sure, if you had a crystal ball, maybe someone could have been drafted other than Otto. However, the jury is still out on him. Did he look bad in his minutes? Sure. However, let's see what he can do in his 2nd year. On top of it all, Porter was never drafted to be a "star" in this league. Yea, a lot of people thought of him as the most "NBA ready," but his ceiling was nothing more than a reliable 3rd option/glue guy. The team doesn't need Otto to be a star player, just someone who compliments both Beal and Wall when they're sharing the court. I think, in due time, he'll find his groove with the team. Much too soon to write him off. If we're sitting here next year having the same discussion, then that's another thing.

Another thing, if the Gilbert Arenas trade taught you anything it's that ANY contract can be moved. Nene's deal sucks. We all know this. However, a team like Milwaukee may bite just to rid themselves of Ilyasova's contract. You just never know. Obviously, the Wizards will have to take on another bad contract, but I would like for them to be aggressive this summer in trying to move Nene.

The Wizards bench is comprised of guys whose contracts are up at the end of the year, or have a QO. I think the bench unit will look MUCH different next season. There is some flexibility there as far as what they want to do. It's just a matter of *shudders* EG making sound decisions to help this squad. He did a nice job of cleaning up his mistakes by bringing in guys like Gooden and Miller, but I'd much rather see him get it right the first time around rather than scrambling at the deadline to get rid of certain players.

Might be a pipe dream, but I would like to see the Wizards go all-in on Chris Bosh this summer. Obviously that would mean letting Gortat go, but it's a no-brainer.

The Drummond/Monroe/Jennings/Pope is NOT a similar or better nucleus than Wall/Beal/or even Porter. The 29 wins they had this year speak for itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom