2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
close games are won on execution, not luck

a shot that goes in and out would have gone in if it was shot better

a ball only bounces the way it is pushed

to say a team wins or loses a 7 game series because they were lucky or unlucky is just wrong

Compare the 05-06 role players to the 13-14 season role players:

Smush
Odom
Cook
Brown
Turiaf
Vujacic
Mihm
George
Aaron Mckie
Jim Jackson

vs.

Marshall
Meeks
Johnson
Kelly
Hill
Young
Sacre
Farmar
Brooks
Pau
Kaman
Bazemore

:rofl:

Last edited:

Smush
Odom
Cook
Brown
Turiaf
Vujacic
George
Aaron Mckie
Jim Jackson

vs.

Marshall
Meeks
Johnson
Kelly
Hill
Young
Sacre
Farmar
Brooks
Pau
Kaman
Bazemore

The 13-14 role players is the 13-14 Lakers roster :lol:

On another note i HOPE Dantoni coaches the Warriors so

1) Steph Curry could put up insane numbers
2) Everybody can see that his coaching style does nothing come playoff time, IF they make it.

I saw someone post earlier about how the w's players wouldn't forget how to play defense when Dantoni is there.... If only it was that easy. Coaching makes a huge difference in how players use that ability. Example # 1 Deandre Jordan last year vs This year. docs schemes and ability to place his players in better positions to play defense have truly helped him.

Dantoni will come along and want the tempo to be pushed more & more in GS. He holds no one accountable on the defensive end of the floor or rebounding for that matter. the objective is for one guy to get the ball and push push push. That style leads to more offensive possessions for the other team also, and when your coach doesn't make adjustments based on Defense or assign different plans for different teams it doesn't matter what talent you have as an individual defender.

Example # 1 Deandre Jordan last year vs This year. docs schemes and ability to place his players in better positions to play defense have truly helped him.

Yeah, DJ sucked on defense last year. :lol:

Smush
Odom
Cook
Brown
Turiaf
Vujacic
Mihm
George
Aaron Mckie
Jim Jackson

vs.

Marshall
Meeks
Johnson
Kelly
Hill
Young
Sacre
Farmar
Brooks
Pau
Kaman
Bazemore

:smh: I would STILL take 13-14 over that year... 05-06 Kobe with this roster would have been able to fight for a playoff spot in the West... Atleast this team had some potential for scoring that 05-06 team was HORRID on both ends lmao

On another note i HOPE Dantoni coaches the Warriors so

1) Steph Curry could put up insane numbers
2) Everybody can see that his coaching style does nothing come playoff time, IF they make it.

I saw someone post earlier about how the w's players wouldn't forget how to play defense when Dantoni is there.... If only it was that easy. Coaching makes a huge difference in how players use that ability. Example # 1 Deandre Jordan last year vs This year. docs schemes and ability to place his players in better positions to play defense have truly helped him.
Dantoni will come along and want the tempo to be pushed more & more in GS. He holds no one accountable on the defensive end of the floor or rebounding for that matter. the objective is for one guy to get the ball and push push push. That style leads to more offensive possessions for the other team also, and when your coach doesn't make adjustments based on Defense or assign different plans for different teams it doesn't matter what talent you have as an individual defender.

tru

Yea think they win pretty handily tonight. They're going to make it harder on themselves to beat the Spurs though by not closing that game out Sunday.

Tonight's predictions

Wiz win force game 6
Thunder bounce back
KD slays Paul if he guards him tonight

Kobe-SI.jpg

I remember picking that issue up on my way to school. :smokin

13 GAMES.
551 POINTS.

Just think about that for a minute....

Epic :nthat:

I have this issue on my nightstand in my room right now :lol: just read it like two days ago.

For Miami's sake, I hope Wade and/or Bosh have another gear.

The 30 points combined that those 2 are currently providing will not result in a 3 peat.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom