2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
coaches understand the current always blame the coach mentality so the good coaches are starting to use their talents to leverage their way into front office roles

yup.

Steve Nash had is his best seasons at the PERFECT time and the PERFECT place to win back to back MVP's.

no clear candidate, unprecedented offensive success, duplication of that sucess without amare.

luck was a big factor.

Dirk or even KG shoulda got it over him in 05, KG didn't win 50 games but what he did was outstanding.

Dirk or Bron in 06 definitely, both were offensive monsters and won over 50 games, Dirk won 60. Nash was in no way better than Dirk that year, Bron either but I'm not even going to count him.
took my response

So the guy that only took 11 and 13 shots a game often to the determent of his own team, while being the best shooter in the league was the best offensive force in the league? Oh, ok.

Stats from 2005/2006: Nash- 18.8 ppg, 10.5 apg; advanced: 23.3 PER, 12.4 WS and Kobe-35.4 ppg, 5 apg; advanced 28.0 PER, 15.3 WS

Nobody on this planet would say Steve Nash was more unstoppable than Kobe, especially that year.

making zyzz drool by the thought

That man been through a lot. :lol:

joe-dumars.jpg

So the guy that only took 11 and 13 shots a game often to the determent of his own team, while being the best shooter in the league was the best offensive force in the league? Oh, ok.

Stats from 2005/2006: Nash- 18.8 ppg, 10.5 apg; advanced: 23.3 PER, 12.4 WS and Kobe-35.4 ppg, 5 apg; advanced 28.0 PER, 15.3 WS

Nobody on this planet would say Steve Nash was more unstoppable than Kobe, especially that year.
then kobe almost single handedly bounced nash's team in the first round

It wasn't to the detriment of his own team when his assist rate was over 50 and his teams were among the best offenses in history.

Last edited:
Dirk or even KG shoulda got it over him in 05, KG didn't win 50 games but what he did was outstanding.
i would argue that he deserved the first one. minny didnt even make the playoffs that year :lol:

his biggest competition for that award that year was probably shaq iirc

It wasn't to the detriment of his own team when his assist rate was over 50 and his teams were among the best offenses in history.

I don't know, I remember watch PHX doing those years and Nash would go out of his way, especially in the playoffs to try and get the assist to Diaw, Barbosa or whoever when he had a wide open shot, I was just sitting here shaking my head. Like dude you are the best shooter in the league, it's ok to shoot why do you keep deferring to these guys all the damn time. Rondo has the same syndrome, except he can't shoot the broad side of a barn.

Nash has never avg more than 15 shots a game in his entire career, with being a top 3 shooter all time, that's inexcusable.

And he was capable of doing it too. The one time he ever took more than 15+ shots for an extended period of time was in the 2004-2005 playoffs when he avg 18 shots a game and had 24 ppg with 11.3 apg. He could have made that offense even more lethal by being a bit more selfish.

Last edited:

Dirk or Bron in 06 definitely, both were offensive monsters and won over 50 games, Dirk won 60. Nash was in no way better than Dirk that year, Bron either but I'm not even going to count him.

1. No 50 games no MVP. Just the way it is.
2. loosing Amare and suffering no team drop off made Steve Nash seem even more valuable, hence 06.

Dirk would be my choice but I think there was still sort of a bias against his style of play.

Woj - Stan Van Gundy's seriously considering Pistons offer of full control, torn on that opportunity vs. coaching Warriors, sources tell Yahoo.

'05 was a two-man race between Shaq and Nash. Dirk should've gotten more consideration than he did, he didn't get a single 1st place vote.

I don't know, I remember watch PHX doing those years and Nash would go out of his way, especially in the playoffs to try and get the assist to Diaw, Barbosa or whoever when he had a wide open shot, I was just sitting here shaking my head. Like dude you are the best shooter in the league, it's ok to shoot why do you keep deferring to these guys all the damn time. Rondo has the same syndrome, except he can't shoot the broad side of a barn.

how many more points should pheonix have scored? :lol:

scoring wasn't the problem.

He also gave Dallas that work to tune of 48 points when they did the ole, make Steve Nash score defense.

Last edited:
'05 was a two-man race between Shaq and Nash. Dirk should've gotten more consideration than he did, he didn't get a single 1st place vote.

:x

I mean Shaq was great don't get me wrong but Dirk was getting shafted a lot of those prime years.

I think they could have scored quite a bit more, if Nash took shots instead of passing to guys who had lesser shooting ability. I edited my post above with it.

Last edited:
If Nash had shot more his efficiency and assist rate both would've dropped and so would the team's O Rtg.

Last edited:
Pistons are the better team man, come on SVG

They're not the better team. :lol:

They could be eventually if SVG has full control though.

It's crazy to think that Drummond could be playing for GSW right now but they chose Barnes. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom