2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
also I have no idea why people think the Steve Nash MVP's seem so incongruous with the history of the award.

1. The MVP goes to the best offensive player on the planet 90% of the time.
2. You have to win 50 games,m preferably top 2 seed.

as we've seen time and time again nobody cares about defense when it comes to MVP's.
because Kobe did both of those points better ... bean was robbed twice....

Last edited:

kobe would dominate the league if he got to play in this soft era of basketball

Kobe's body is dominating him though.
mean.gif
frown.gif

doubt he will play at a top 5 level again but he says hes been healthy for months now so we will see how 2015 plays out

really the only things he has left to do is chase the scoring title and playoff scoring title, we are not winning a championship while hes taking up most of our cap space

I'm ready to see a big win the MVP award again. I think that guy will be Anthony Davis.
he doesnt have the teammates to win MVP

no one is going to give a mvp award to a 7th seed

but if you're talking 5-6 years in the future then no one knows what will happen

Ya''ll heard Pierce allegedly punched Bron after the game last night. Apparently there is cell phone footage of it. :nerd:

Last edited:
KD probably has the MVP on lock for the next couple years, unless another seismic shift happens in free agency.

he doesnt have the teammates to win MVP

no one is going to give a mvp award to a 7th seed

but if you're talking 5-6 years in the future then no one knows what will happen

Yea, I'm talking about after he leaves New Orleans and teams up with two of the best players in the league at that point in time. We all know its going to happen. :lol:

also I have no idea why people think the Steve Nash MVP's seem so incongruous with the history of the award.

1. The MVP goes to the best offensive player on the planet 90% of the time.
2. You have to win 50 games,m preferably top 2 seed.

as we've seen time and time again nobody cares about defense when it comes to MVP's.
you can certainly make a case for Nash's first mvp, but back to back? eh

because Kobe did both of those points better ... bean was robbed twice....

Nash's was the head of a an offense so innovative it changed the face of the league,put up historically great offensive efficiency numbers and his MVP seasons the suns rate somewhere in the top 5 of greatest offenses the leagues have ever seen.

and he won 50+ games.

Nash was the best offensive player on the planet he won the MVP, not controversial.

I'm not even saying its right, its just the way its always been, people only care about offense. >D

Last edited:
Wasn't the second MVP the season where Amare was out with the knee injury. And for him to reduplicate the success from he season before with Diaw and Tim Thomas as his big was quite the feat.

RT @timkawakami: NBA source: Stan Van Gundy told GSW he wanted total control of basketball decisions. They declined. Could get that w/DET

Good for SVG if he's looking for total control. I'd rather coach GSW than Detroit :lol: but the appeal of having the decision making power makes a lot of sense.

Plus I'd be interested in seeing him coach another young, potentially dominant big man.

Last edited:
Wasn't the second MVP the season where Amare was out with the knee injury. And for him to reduplicate the success from he season before with Diaw and Tim Thomas as his big was quite the feat.

yup.

Steve Nash had is his best seasons at the PERFECT time and the PERFECT place to win back to back MVP's.

no clear candidate, unprecedented offensive success, duplication of that sucess without amare.

luck was a big factor.

Big J don't even play with me like that, SVG and Drummond is all I could ever hope for.

Last edited:
RT @timkawakami: NBA source: Stan Van Gundy told GSW he wanted total control of basketball decisions. They declined. Could get that w/DET

Good for SVG if he's looking for total control. I'd rather coach GSW than Detroit :lol: but the appeal of having the decision making power makes a lot of sense.

Plus I'd be interested in seeing him coach another young, potentially dominant big man.

drum possibly reaching his full potential :wow:

yup.

Steve Nash had is his best seasons at the PERFECT time and the PERFECT place to win back to back MVP's.

no clear candidate, unprecedented offensive success, duplication of that sucess without amare.

luck was a big factor.

Dirk or even KG shoulda got it over him in 05, KG didn't win 50 games but what he did was outstanding.

Dirk or Bron in 06 definitely, both were offensive monsters and won over 50 games, Dirk won 60. Nash was in no way better than Dirk that year, Bron either but I'm not even going to count him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom