Not open for further replies.
Post Jordan Era goes like this for me:

2000-2002- Shaq
2003-2005- Duncan/Kobe
2006-2008- Kobe
2009-2010- Kobe/Lebron
2011-2013- Lebron
2014- Lebron/KD

Although I'm interested to see some of the criteria people are using.

KD not there yet.

gotta win a title

Nash has 2 MVP's, b.

that he stole from kobe without a mask

also :rofl: @ the shade thrown like getting awards is picking free samples :lol:

Last edited:
KD not there yet.

gotta win a title

Nash has 2 MVP's, b.

Titles are team achievements, that's why I was interested to see what people are using (stats, MVPs, Finals MVPs, titles) cause if some are being used in one players case and not in others, it's a little hypocritical no? KD is the MVP this year and has been 2nd the past 3 seasons. I think he's on the cusp, just gotta finish.

2000-2002- Shaq
2003-2005- Duncan/Kobe
2006-2008- Kobe
2009-2010- Kobe/Lebron
2011-2013- Lebron
2014- Lebron/KD

KD not there yet.

gotta win a title

Nash has 2 MVP's, b.

i like nash but one of the mvp was kb and other was duncan
duncan in the early 00's as well. just shaq was so dominant. heck, kidd was doing his thing too
got to put dirk/wade in there from 06-08?

Last edited:
I'll own up to it and say as a youngster i was convinced KG was waaaay better and the older I've gotten and my understanding of the game has grown Duncans clearly the better player and honestly might be ahead of Kobe in terms of all time greats

NT wouldve crashed for weeks if we got that kb vs lbj matchup that one yr (wanna say 08?) but the magic went to the finals
one still holding on to his prime yrs and other just reaching it.

I'll own up to it and say as a youngster i was convinced KG was waaaay better and the older I've gotten and my understanding of the game has grown Duncans clearly the better player and honestly might be ahead of Kobe in terms of all time greats

Duncan's the best PF of all time but I'd give Kobe the edge between the two. Bean has 1 more title and 1 more Finals appearance. If not for that I'd say Duncan.

Last edited:
NT wouldve crashed for weeks if we got that kb vs lbj matchup that one yr (wanna say 08?) but the magic went to the finals

2009 and 2010. Cavs had the best record and the league MVP that season. The puppet commercials were classic.

I've said this before, there is no Kobe era, or KG, Or Duncan.

After Shaq no player was really the undisputed best player untill lebron reached his prime.

There were always 2 or 3 guys a year you could make an argument about but to say that an individual dominated any amout of time after shaq's decline is revisionist.

I can rock with this

gregg-popovich-approved-o.gif

if you're not going to put in any effort to talk about the actual topic then dont bother with your pointless responses
I was talking about the topic, in fact we went back and forth on it 2 nights ago and everything was civil. You're the one who decided to take it in another direction last night with this:
Originally Posted by sea manup  

if you dont understand this concept just let me know, i would be happy to help you out
You're the one who decided to take the condescending d-bag route, and then cried about a "personal attack" when I threw the condescension back at you.
trolls like you are whats wrong with this thread 
roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

I'm what's wrong with the thread, huh? Buddy, it takes 2 hands to count the number of people who've recently had to point out how awful you are. Take a hint.

Last edited:

the puppet years :smokin

oTeAPGhBwnqjmaiwRyDaPW2Io1_500.png

puppet_t1.jpg
lebronpuppetfacepalm.gif

Last edited:

2000-2002- Shaq
2003-2005- Duncan/Kobe
2006-2008- Kobe
2009-2010- Kobe/Lebron
2011-2013- Lebron
2014- Lebron/KD

Truuuuu

if you're not going to put in any effort to talk about the actual topic then dont bother with your pointless responses
I was talking about the topic, in fact we went back and forth on it 2 nights ago and everything was civil. You're the one who decided to take it in another direction last night with this:

if you dont understand this concept just let me know, i would be happy to help you out
You're the one who decided to take the condescending d-bag route, and then cried about a "personal attack" when I threw the condescension back at you.
trolls like you are whats wrong with this thread 
roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

I'm what's wrong with the thread, huh? Buddy, it takes 2 hands to count the number of people who've recently had to point out how awful you are. Take a hint.
you are clearly upset for some reason

again, if you want to talk basketball then talk basketball when replying to me

if you're just going to show the world how butthurt you are then dont bother replying to a day old comment 

you were even able to control yourself from replying last night (you posted 2 posts later), not sure why you finally snapped and typed up this garbage reply in an attempt to derail the thread

its the internet dude, chill out and stop getting emotional over words on a computer screen

also I have no idea why people think the Steve Nash MVP's seem so incongruous with the history of the award.

1. The MVP goes to the best offensive player on the planet 90% of the time.
2. You have to win 50 games,m preferably top 2 seed.

as we've seen time and time again nobody cares about defense when it comes to MVP's.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom