2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
so he's not a first option because you think he doesn't have "it". got it.

Dudes is off their rocker.

Harden can't be a #1 option on offense? Did you watch the man during the regular season especially down the stretch? Dude was averaging 30/5/8 while shooting over 40% from 3 and getting to the line at will.

Don't let his bad playoff performance fool you, he's an elite scoring talent and will continue to grow.

Now, his defense is horrible and he could be in better condition but those are my only gripes with him.

I want to say Harden has Asthma, so he may never be in the best conditioning. But then again, he's always running up and down the floor so that doesn't help.

He was always gasping for air when he was a freshman.

Last edited:
I want to say Harden has Asthma, so he may never be in the best conditioning. But then again, he's always running up and down the floor so that doesn't help.

Asthma kicks in only on defense.

He isn't in the best shape, but somehow gets infinite energy when they run the fast break :lol:

To me, Harden and Love are in a class by themselves because they don't even try half the time. At least guys like Curry and Melo put some effort into defense. They may not be great at it, but make an effort to put up some kind of resistance.

harden is actually a decent post defender given his size
other than that :lol:

So pretty much anyone 6'5" or taller/220 or heaver, who plays the 2 is a good post defender. Got it.

not really, but dude doesnt get posted up and scored on. ive watched a lot of his gms and not too many guys at the two position can even back him down. size does have a lot when it comes to post defense. what are you even getting at? :lol:

Last edited:
not really, but dude doesnt get posted up and scored on. ive watched a lot of his gms and not too many guys at the two position can even back him down. size does have a lot when it comes to post defense. what are you even getting at? :lol:

That's where that extra body fat comes in handy. :pimp:

To me, Harden and Love are in a class by themselves because they don't even try half the time. At least guys like Curry and Melo put some effort into defense. They may not be great at it, but make an effort to put up some kind of resistance.

curry gets hidden on defense a lot. klay/iggy/draymond would guard the pg position
love and pek are just a bad combo on defense. nobody to really mask their deficiencies

Last edited:
Post Jordan Era goes like this for me:

2000-2002- Shaq
2003-2005- Duncan/Kobe
2006-2008- Kobe
2009-2010- Kobe/Lebron
2011-2013- Lebron
2014- Lebron/KD

Although I'm interested to see some of the criteria people are using.

You equated Harden's strength to him being a decent post defender. There are a lot of strong guys in the league who can't be backed down, but SUCK defensively. That is what I'm getting at.

You equated Harden's strength to him being a decent post defender. There are a lot of strong guys in the league who can't be backed down, but SUCK defensively. That is what I'm getting at.

im talking about harden. didnt even mention any other player in the league, seriously. and yes, he is a decent post defender. guys like hubie and even jvg have commented on it. he lacks focus other areas of defense. "WEIRDO"

Last edited:
Harden is a number one option, but Melo isn't and has never been going back to his Denver days...oh, ok.

Post Jordan Era goes like this for me:

2000-2002- Shaq
2003-2005- Duncan/Kobe
2006-2008- Kobe
2009-2010- Kobe/Lebron
2011-2013- Lebron
2014- Lebron/KD

Although I'm interested to see some of the criteria people are using.

KD not there yet.

gotta win a title

Nash has 2 MVP's, b.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom