2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
laugh.gif
"WHEN HE HAD THAT AIDS.." REALLY BRUH?

example: @a-friend said "Harden is a Pippen and will never be a Jordan"
people flamed me saying "idot, ignorant yada yada for comparing Harden to Pippen because Harden sucked Pippen is Gawd"

I then explained that what I meant was, Harden should be 2nd option like Pippen was and never a 1st and boy..you guys just ran and ran and ran and flamed and flamed no matter how much I tried to explain what I meant so we could actually discuss that, correct me if I'm wrong but you were one of those guys not trying to listen to me just blatantly/continuously taking my analogy out of context with me PLEADING for you guys to stop. Even Mods got in on the flames and shortly after that I was banned for making a "disrespectful" remark to a guy in the middle of all these Flames coming at me.

harden through his first 5 seasons is already a better scorer than scottie pippen was in his entire career. that's why you were "flamed" for that.

like i said before, harden this year averaged 25.4 points, 4.7 rebounds, and 6.1 assists on 45% shooting. the only players who have done that in the shot clock era are Lebron MJ Bird and Wade.

pippen was a better defender and rebounder, neither of which have anything to do with being a 1st or 2nd option. harden is a much better offensive player than pippen ever was.

Joe Johnson
James Johnson
Are u serious guys?
U guys are internet Lames

What are there grade school kids on nt now u can't be serious guys I said James instead of Joe oh so so funny.
Lol @ you virgins
So mad 
roll.gif

And try using a comma once in a while

Last edited:

people flamed me saying "idot, ignorant yada yada for comparing Harden to Pippen because Harden sucked Pippen is Gawd"

I then explained that what I meant was, Harden should be 2nd option like Pippen was and never a 1st and boy..you guys just ran and ran and ran and flamed and flamed no matter how much I tried to explain what I meant so we could actually discuss that, correct me if I'm wrong but you were one of those guys not trying to listen to me just blatantly/continuously taking my analogy out of context with me PLEADING for you guys to stop. Even Mods got in on the flames and shortly after that I was banned for making a "disrespectful" remark to a guy in the middle of all these Flames coming at me.
harden through his first 5 seasons is already a better scorer than scottie pippen was in his entire career. that's why you were "flamed" for that.

like i said before, harden this year averaged 25.4 points, 4.7 rebounds, and 6.1 assists on 45% shooting. the only players who have done that in the shot clock era are Lebron MJ Bird and Wade.

pippen was a better defender and rebounder, neither of which have anything to do with being a 1st or 2nd option. harden is a much better offensive player than pippen ever was.
pippen's best year (his only prime year without mj) was 22 ppg 8.7 rebounds 5.6 assists on 49% shooting. for someone that had to play second fiddle to a very ball dominant wing scorer i dont think you can say harden is a much better offensive player than pippen ever was

The same people that have a problem with Donald's Sterling comments have his same passion towards Michael Sam kissing his boyfriend.

Dat Perspective. 
laugh.gif

I seriously watched those clips and went

iv5QLetIVdzgK.gif

Of course only Ernie would pay homage to Seinfeld, the greatest show ever made

pippen's best year (his only prime year without mj) was 22 ppg 8.7 rebounds 5.6 assists on 49% shooting. for someone that had to play second fiddle to a very ball dominant wing scorer i dont think you can say harden is a much better offensive player than pippen ever was

fair enough. that season also was pippens 7th in the league, 6th as a full time starter. he was 28. and whether you like to give credence to it or not, coached by phil jackson.

harden is only 25, 2 years as a full time starter. his first year in that role he put up 26 5 and 6.

don't want to turn this into a complete harden vs pippen discussion, but the point being argued was "harden isn't a 1st option, he should play 2nd fiddle like pippen did", and i absolutely disagree.

Dude, what are you talking about.

I was "flamed" out of context for 1, and I wasn't flamed for saying Harden was better than Pippen.  They were saying Pippen was WAY WAY WAY superior to Harden and I was an idot for comparing them. I never compared them. Even you now, still only read what you want in someones post and run with it.

I said Harden is a 2 option not a 1 option. The comparison (the only comparison was) Pippen was a 2 option Jordan was  1 option. Arguably the most known 1-2 option of all time which is why i used them as my analogy because I figured it would be a simple pick up by the thread, When it wasn't and I exp, you know what...Im not explaining this to you dude. 

what is your basis for harden is better or should be a second option? is he not one of the best scorers in the nba?

fair enough. that season also was pippens 7th in the league, 6th as a full time starter. he was 28. and whether you like to give credence to it or not, coached by phil jackson.

harden is only 25, 2 years as a full time starter. his first year in that role he put up 26 5 and 6.

don't want to turn this into a complete harden vs pippen discussion, but the point being argued was "harden isn't a 1st option, he should play 2nd fiddle like pippen did", and i absolutely disagree.
yeah of course harden still has a lot of room to grow, but when you said harden is better than pippen ever was it implies that you're talking about the current 2014 james harden.

he still needs to figure a few things out before he can be a top 5 in the league scoring option, as we saw in the first round he had his struggles. so hes not a 1st option yet but that doesnt mean he should settle with being a 2nd option, he can still work on his game.

but as you said, that was pip's 7th year in the league so its hard to make the comparison. will def be interesting to look at both players again when hardens in his 7-8th year

but the guy's origional point was that harden is a robin type player, he used pippen because pippen can be seen as the basketball version of robin. when actually comparing the two players, the two have such different ways of impacting a basketball game that its hard to compare 

what is your basis for harden is better or should be a second option? is he not one of the best scorers in the nba?
Thats what Im saying. I didnt say Harden was better at all. I didn't even compare their game. What I said was, Harden should be a second option on a team, just like Pippen was the second option behind Jordan. He's not going to be capable of being the #1 option and having a team built around him to win a Championship. He doesn't have it, IMO. That is what I was saying.

The thread turned it around even after I explained the ABCs in a kindergarten level understanding of what I meant, and tried to say, "how dare you compare the scrub Harden to the gawd Pippen"...not an exact quote but that is exactly what was implied 

But anyway, my point was I see how people don't take this thread serious most of the time or give "engaged" responses to a lot of people when they want to debate constructively because I experienced it first hand. 

It was more fun at the time for the thread to continue to FLAME the misuse of what I was saying, than to actually read my clarification on what I meant, and then have the debate from that point on, about the right topic.

if you look at dominant teams over the years

shaq and kobe

lebron and wade

duncan and paker

all these teams have two guys that can easily be a #1 option on any team

She's not on ESPN, genius.
Well she was for a long time, I'm assuming she's under the the Turner umbrella now but I don't care enough to look it up because she's a nobody. Wherever she is, I hope she gets her life back in order. I say that sincerely. 

Would you guys not agree that if Harden stayed in OKC as even the second option, they'd have a Chip coming this year or possibly last year. 

Would you guys not agree that if Harden stayed in OKC as even the second option, they'd have a Chip coming this year or possibly last year. 
not last year, okc is not winning anything with westbrook hurt

it would bring them closer to a chip this year but thats not really saying much, of course adding an allstar level scorer to your bench will make your team better

The same people that have a problem with Donald's Sterling comments have his same passion towards Michael Sam kissing his boyfriend.

Dat Perspective. 
laugh.gif
Say it again man. Glass houses, Even I say things in the comfort of my own home that I wouldn't in public. Not condoning it, just owning up to it.

so he's not a first option because you think he doesn't have "it". got it.
Exactly. His game to me, doesn't reflect that of a leader of a team, role player life and he will see a Chip. 1st option with supporting characters around him, never win a Chip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom