2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
The turnover for NBA coaches is ridiculous.

Something has got to give, dudes is only getting 1 season nowadays.

Think about the pacific division, **** is a joke really.

They act like its just that easy for players to learn a new system and build a personal/professional bond with a new coach.

Last I checked, most great players/great teams had continuity around them which obviously helps the process. It's professional sports, I understand being cutthroat but come on.

I think owners are more keen to social media, and have a closer pulse on the fans which isn't good at all. More likely to hear their cries for coaching change. People just expect success too fast, as if they're the only team with a legitimate chance to win

coaches have zero say. easier to remove a coach than trade a player with a big contract. the guy at the end of the bench makes more than the coach.
look at sacramento situation, they been going thru coaches left and right
i wouldnt be surprised to see the lakers go thru another coach, unless it's a HUGE name that they sign

Last edited:

Do you ever talk to DBD?
Used to on Tiwtter but then I stopped tweeting. I just logged in cant even find his accoutn anymore SMH
laugh.gif
 at DBD getting banned from twitter too
 let it go man. he comes back one a month for the sole purpose to troll lolaker fans. if he even cared about you, he would have said hi or something. you guys share the same team, but this love is only one sided
ohwell.gif
I know this feel 
tired.gif

:rofl:

Something has got to give, dudes is only getting 1 season nowadays.

Think about the pacific division, **** is a joke really.

They act like its just that easy for players to learn a new system and build a personal/professional bond with a new coach.

Last I checked, most great players/great teams had continuity around them which obviously helps the process. It's professional sports, I understand being cutthroat but come on.

I think every coach needs at least 3 years. If the team is in rebuild mode, they need more than 3.

yep still shocked lionel got the pink slip

Last edited:
^why? new ownership. wasnt them that made the initial hire. they dont owe him anything. lionel did a great job, but if he isnt their guy why would they offer a new contract

i think lacob hiring mark and ultimately letting mj go was more messed up.

Last edited:
Lionel was with the team since 2008-2009. He did a good job for the time he was here, but he's another coach that was limited due to management. The OLD management wasted several lottery picks and who knows what the team could have looked like today if they were at least competent.

At the end of the day, the decision not to re-sign Hollins had more to deal with him lacking the ability to adjust to more a modern philosophy (analytics). Long term, he was not the answer. Hollins would still be here today if it was not for that.

Last edited:
even when harden (who i assume you're referring to) was with the team brooks hand was forced after eric maynor went down.. and he still barely got 30 mins per

i have no issue with him coming off the bench, but he showed enough (and thabo showed his limitations), that he should have been getting 35 mins per easily

hell, until last season ibaka wasnt getting 30 mins per.. but brooks could find 20 mins for fisher as soon as he shows up and ditto butler.. perkins no matter what was getting his 25 or so per

thabo missed 23 games this season, do you think brooks even tried starting lamb to see how the starting lineup would look with a shooter at that spot.. nope

he started a rookie who has been inactive for the playoffs.. and as much as a like giving PJ3 a look, doing it against phoenix is the best idea.. or how about take a flyer with starting westbrook and jackson together.. or how about when russ was on a 30 mins per limitation, you bring russ off the bench

Last edited:

[thread="571782"]I know Scott Brooks is not the greatest, but let's be real....management took everything away from him when he had all the talent in the world. He still has 2 of the best players in the league on his team, but can you really place more blame on the coach or the management for taking away all other talent not named Durant and Westbrook?[/thread]

even when harden (who i assume you're referring to) was with the team brooks hand was forced after eric maynor went down.. and he still barely got 30 mins per

i have no issue with him coming off the bench, but he showed enough (and thabo showed his limitations), that he should have been getting 35 mins per easily

hell, until last season ibaka wasnt getting 30 mins per.. but brooks could find 20 mins for fisher as soon as he shows up and ditto butler.. perkins no matter what was getting his 25 or so per

thabo missed 23 games this season, do you think brooks even tried starting lamb to see how the starting lineup would look with a shooter at that spot.. nope

he started a rookie who has been inactive for the playoffs.. and as much as a like giving PJ3 a look, doing it against phoenix is the best idea.. or how about take a flyer with starting westbrook and jackson together.. or how about when russ was on a 30 mins per limitation, you bring russ off the bench

A lot of this

I'm pretty interested to see Anderson Cooper sit down with this Donald Sterling tonight. I want to hear Sterling speak about it when he KKOWS he's being recorded

If Brooks gets fired who do you guys think should be hired? I don't blame Brooks for yesterday's loss and if the Thunder change coaches and don't win the title next season would you change coaches again?

Last edited:
truth hurts
It does doesn't it. Must hurt that the Bulls got crushed in 5 by a overrated PG and his young crew. Must hurt that Rose has lost his Adidas spot to him and DL too. Ha ha ha the Bulls suck!
laugh.gif

It's not funny because you burned him. It's funny because you think the Bulls had anything to do with what you 2 were talking about.

And by funny, I mean sad.

If Brooks gets fired who do you guys think should be hired? I don't blame Brooks for yesterday's loss and if the Thunder change coaches and don't win the title next season would you change coaches again?

SVG if he's still interested in coaching.

Just got an ESPN notification on my phone saying that the Browns fire Head Coach Mike Brown
indifferent.gif

:lol:

It's not funny because you burned him. It's funny because you think the Bulls had anything to do with what you 2 were talking about.

And by funny, I mean sad.

Late loud and wrong. We were talking about Wall. He's a Bulls fan co signing how Walls overrated. That overrated players team just beat his. See now why I bought up the Bulls? It was meant to be funny. Mind your business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom