2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was on mostly on KD yesterday, brooks didn't help either but I am still confident OKC will take the series. They will come out guns blazing tomorrow. Props to the clips for not giving up and fighting hard and getting the W. Still kind of bewildered that OKC blew that to control the series and most likely ended it in 5 yesterday.
mean.gif

Dead Mike. :pimp:

Dude was still killing OKC in the last series, hopefully he got another year left in him.

did the nets use their amnesty clause yet?
I gave Portland too much credit before the series started and had the Spurs in 5.. I hope they win tonight just so I can be right on that prediction. But they prolly won't

portland is good against the mediocre defense of the rockets the spurs are just too experienced. Chokelahoma's KD was right his mom is real MVP. Has there ever been an MVP that choked a lead that big before in a playoff game?
Yeah they did, on Travis Outlaw.

Only the Hawks, Bulls, Spurs, Thunder, and Grizzlies have theirs. The Thunder look like they wont even use it, if they didnt use it on Perkins way back when, they arent going to use it now, being that its pointless. Spurs arent using theirs either, their only Eligible player is Parker and we all know that isnt happening.

Last edited:
Dead Mike.
pimp.gif

Dude was still killing OKC in the last series, hopefully he got another year left in him.
He loves roasting OKC
laugh.gif
. I wish he picked playing for OKC over the Grizz because they would help the crappy spacing we have but knowing scotty brooks he probably have mike miller running iso's
grin.gif

Personally, I just can't see how Scott Brooks is at fault for this game 4 loss.

A simple adjustment on floor spacing takes away those Turnovers and possibly puts points on the board for OKC and keeps LAC at bay.

You're killing your own argument. :lol:

I'm really confused about what some of you guys think the job of a coach is.

Word. The thunder offense as a whole shut down because of a simple switch of Chris Paul onto KD. Fell into the trap of, he's smaller let me post him up, when that's not their offense. When KD posted him on the low block, Paul fronted and only once did ibaka play high low in that situation. All the other times KD was setting lazy screens on Collison to get them to switch, and they never did so KD just wandered away leaving Russ with a short shot clock. They literally did nothing on offense down the stretch and got TORCHED on defense and made zero changes to their approach. That falls on Scott Brooks.

the shot he made over cp3 was a pretty tough shot and he really doesn't need to shoot those kind of shots over a shorter defender. but doc pretty much said it best. he's been killing their 3s and 4s off the dribble, so why not put a quicker guard in front of him. yeah he should have posted him up, but cp3 has a stronger base than him and already pushed him out of position where they can double and force him to make a decision

[quote name="HoosierDaddy317"url="/t/571782/2013-2014-nba-playoffs-thread-okc-lac-on-abc-and-ind-was-on-ind-on-tnt/125010#post_20595587"]View media item 956721

Congratulations. You had it right champ. No shame in saying I was wrong. Don't disappear once the MIA series starts though. Take your verbal beating like all us fisherman are. Lol[/quote]

Man i can't wait till Heat series ***** gonna be so fire. Great campaign by the Wizards though. I hope their young players improve (Beal and Porter) they're going to be making noise for a while.

John Wall was a huge disappointment

its hard to play 2 man game when you aren't surrounded by great spot up shooters.

i wonder of OKC addresses this in the off season
if the coach doesnt play them, it doesnt matter.. lamb was playing pretty good before brooks started messing with his mins.. also wasnt a fan of the manner in which he used him..

teams basically have two spots that they can cheat off when thabo and perkins are in

Last edited:
How is Lamb defensively?

I just remember a possession where Crawford went to double and collison left westbrook. Meanwhile, Reggie and Caron were chilling on the overloaded side of the floor.

Also, pretty sure it's been mentioned multiple times (thread moves too fast), why isn't Otto Porter getting any run? Is he that bad?

They have Ariza, Webster handling the SF positions. There is really no room for him to play. When (if) Ariza leaves this offseason, it will give him an opportunity to possibly get the starting spot.

So KDs getting the CP3 coach pass. Brooks is Vinny huh. Ok then just like CP3 if Brooks gets fired there will be no more excuses. John Wall is my favorite player but I'm not blind to the fact he hasn't played his best and not giving him a pass by blaming his coach. First Harden didn't show up, then Russ was hurt and now it's on Brooks. What's gonna be the playoff failure excuse next season?

That was my assumption as well but I figured he would get some run with his size. Hopefully he turns out to be a decent player in the future.

Last edited:
BTW seeing Wittmans post game last night how could you want him fired? We just get back to respectability and y'all wanna change it up? It'll be no different than GS firing Marc Jackson. DUMB

Also, pretty sure it's been mentioned multiple times (thread moves too fast), why isn't Otto Porter getting any run? Is he that bad?
I think their deep with SF in Ariza / Webster /
Harrington.

Plus I don't think his offense is there and the wiz need scoring.
He was also injured to start the season (and summer league)

He's been playing catch up ever since

Last edited:
I like John wall a lot but he's overrated

3rd season in the league, 2nd in assist, 1st in blocks for point guards and struggling in his first playoff appearance ever with a 2nd year player as his Robin. Yeah he has everything he needs to be a champion. Way overrated...smh

How is Lamb defensively?

I just remember a possession where Crawford went to double and collison left westbrook. Meanwhile, Reggie and Caron were chilling on the overloaded side of the floor.
as long as he's not being asked to guard SFs he's good.. well adequate.. he's willing..

brooks should have focused on developing guys like lamb, PJ3 and adams when he had the chance to during the season.. but of course if not for lack of options (either by trade or injury), brooks doesnt make changes

fisher and now butler join the team and brooks finds a way to carve out 20 mins per for both.. as i've mentioned before, because of the present state of the SG and C positions guys like thabo and perkins can be outright useless some games (hell even detrimental).. but brooks should have looked to the spurs and use the regular season to figure out what players can do what, what lineups work, that sort of thing

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom