2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have an issue with the things you say sea manup sea manup . That was the whole point of me posting the "who is the @sea manup I never see him post" because I knew you were being sarcastic and I wasn't paying attention. I've seen you post everyday I've been in and make good points, when your playing I don't pay attention. Block you, nah that's stupid. The folks that blocked you, yea that's silly. Whatever

But OKC is not good enough. People will realize this when Clippers advance.

Funny you say this because I kind of agree with this sentiment, especially in this series. The clippers have the Better team, but OKC has the two best players in the series which is huge considering they are an mvp and all nba performer. That gives them the edge obviously, but it puts an incredible amount of pressure for russ and kd to be great every night and not just with their scoring.

Right. I also think they could win, but won't. Doc will be the reason why, IMO of course

I don't have an issue with the things you say @sea manup. That was the whole point of me posting the "who is the @sea manup I never see him post" because I knew you were being sarcastic and I wasn't paying attention. I've seen you post everyday I've been in and make good points, when your playing I don't pay attention. Block you, nah that's stupid. The folks that blocked you, yea that's silly. Whatever
all good, i dont really care if you have an issue with what i say (no offense) i know people are going to get upset over some of the things that i say its part of the fun

i dont take myself seriously so i dont see why others get so riled up over another mans internet forum posts

But OKC is not good enough. People will realize this when Clippers advance.
Funny you say this because I kind of agree with this sentiment, especially in this series. The clippers have the Better team, but OKC has the two best players in the series which is huge considering they are an mvp and all nba performer. That gives them the edge obviously, but it puts an incredible amount of pressure for russ and kd to be great every night and not just with their scoring.
it comes down to blake and cp3 making the most of what they have and kd and westbrook making the most of what they have. of course other guys like chip in here and there, but its going to be a bunch of cp3 pick and rolls or blake post ups or kd/westbrook isos. which ever players preform the best in these situations will probably end up winning the game. you can talk about coaches all you want but it always comes down to how the players take advantage of what they have

I'm definitely going to the game Tuesday though. I gotta get my possibly last free Playoff tshirt in case they get bounced

it comes down to blake and cp3 making the most of what they have and kd and westbrook making the most of what they have. of course other guys like chip in here and there, but its going to be a bunch of cp3 pick and rolls or blake post ups or kd/westbrook isos. which ever players preform the best in these situations will probably end up winning the game. you can talk about coaches all you want but it always comes down to how the players take advantage of what they have

Most of the times I would agree with this. However, this series points to that not having to be the case on the clippers side of things. Jamal crawford, Collison, matt barnes (minus today) has been there, big baby has had value this series,reddick has been there this series, they aren't solely dependent on bg and cp. Fourth quarter of today had cp and bg going, but Collison and crawford also carried them.

Thats not the case with okc obviously. The fact that they looked so dominant for most of the series thus far speaks volumes about how great and elite of a combo westbrook and durant are. If one of them becomes an inefficient scorer for a game, or becomes sloppy with the ball (durant today) they'll struggle big time. Very interested to see how the restof this series plays out.

cp3 and blake have way more room for error than russ and kd but if they want to win a championship both guys will have to play at their max potential, all while some role players also have standout games here and there

cp3 and blake have way more room for error than russ and kd but if they want to win a championship both guys will have to play at their max potential, all while some role players also have standout games here and there

That's going to be next to impossible. Right?

Tuff series to watch because the point gawd and Kd are two of my favorite players in the league it sucks no matter what happens one of them will suffer a summer of endless slander :smh:.

Durant gotta get his nuts up real talk he got punked today and panicked but it happens to the best, we've all seen Kobe and Bron do it occasionally so I can't blame Scott Brooks for that.

Coach ran outta timeouts trying to stop that momentum but OKC got the deer in the headlights look and it was a wrap, sometimes it's a coaching loss but yesterday was on the players imo.

Personally, I just can't see how Scott Brooks is at fault for this game 4 loss.

When something as drastic as Chris Paul guarding KD happens, schematics go out the window. You play through that matchup, and essentially that becomes your offense. You read and react accordingly to how the Clippers use Chris Paul against KD.

CP's initial defense on KD combined with KD not being able to get good position (nothing new) made KD get the ball 20 feet from the basket. However, that kind of wasn't the issue. They simply didn't floor space well which allowed the double team to be far more effective than it should have. Two, three players should not be standing side by side on the perimeter watching KD. That shouldn't happen. Period. That's not the coaching doing that. KD is an improved passer and he isn't as bad of a passer out the double as today's game showed. A simple adjustment on floor spacing takes away those Turnovers and possibly puts points on the board for OKC and keeps LAC at bay.
Those adjustments are the things that Scott Brooks is supposed to do. Making sure KD doesnt get the ball 20 ft away from the basket is what Scott Brooks is supposed to do.

He deserves the Lions Share of the blame for this IMO

Wizards RIP Them. Hopefully @Ballerific703 won't back out like a panzy. PG
sick.gif
. Wizards ain't got the heart/experience man tried to tell you all

To much coach blaming going on. One guy said the coach is just as important as the players. Is that so? If you gave Phil Jackson this years Bucks and me his Shaq and Kobe Lakers I'd beat Phil's team every time regardless of how good a coach he is. Like I said there is only 6 or 7 coaches who have titles since MJs Bulls but everyone wants a new coach. Continuity isn't the mark of good teams constant change is to some of you. Smh

I remember when people said even if the Spurs got past the Mavs, they wouldn't make it past the second round.

They are looking to sweep the second round :lol: :lol:

I gave Portland too much credit before the series started and had the Spurs in 5.. I hope they win tonight just so I can be right on that prediction. But they prolly won't

its hard to play 2 man game when you aren't surrounded by great spot up shooters.

i wonder of OKC addresses this in the off season

did the nets use their amnesty clause yet?

I gave Portland too much credit before the series started and had the Spurs in 5.. I hope they win tonight just so I can be right on that prediction. But they prolly won't

portland is good against the mediocre defense of the rockets the spurs are just too experienced. Chokelahoma's KD was right his mom is real MVP. Has there ever been an MVP that choked a lead that big before in a playoff game?

no reason to start all this okc is not good enough talk, they were 3 minutes away from pretty much ending the series. the players just didnt get it done, it happens

losses like that might lose the series for them. Look at the Spurs they were seconds away from being NBA champs

I have no idea why Lewis has even been on the floor for awhile now. Dude is a corpse and not a good productive one like Mike Miller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom