2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no room to be objective so to speak, in this thread. It's like it should be black or white or it's considered garbage. Don't get me wrong, a lot of it is garbage but....

The problem with this thread isn't the "jokes and sarcastic posts". It's that it is an all encompassing basketball thread for every team and every topic with lots of members interested in posting and contributing so it moves super fast so the "regs" call 90% of the posts garbage if it doesn't fit their discussion.
yeah man. dudes need to relax & stop trying to make example outta others by singling them out.

yeah let's only talk about what only YOU want to talk about. cause that's a whole lot more entertaining ZZZzzzzzzzz

get off

like you could point at the bench points but i dont think anyone in here actually expects the okc bench to keep up with the clippers bench

okc is a better overall team, this takes into account the superior clippers bench and coaching. okc needs to make better use of their strengths (kd and westbrook) to counter the gap in bench and coaching
I would disagree. OKCs bench is pretty good, they just don't get a chance to ball. Straight up. Unutilized talent on OKC's bench. They will get developed somewhere someday.
okc's bench is averaging a full 10 ppg less than the clippers bench this playoffs. the clippers bench squad can go out there and at least maintain a lead, okc needs to have kd or westbrook on the floor at all times or else nothing will happen

you could say okcs bench is just as talented but its not being used correctly, but its a bit late in the season for that. at this point you know what you will get from okcs bench and you know what you will get from the clippers bench.

okc might have some unutilized gems on the bench but in 2014, with scott brooks as the coach, clippers have a better bench than okc

The problem with this thread isn't the "jokes and sarcastic posts". It's that it is an all encompassing basketball thread for every team and every topic with lots of members interested in posting and contributing so it moves super fast so the "regs" call 90% of the posts garbage if it doesn't fit their discussion.

yeah man. dudes need to relax & stop trying to make example outta others by singling them out.

yeah let's only talk about what only YOU want to talk about. cause that's a whole lot more entertaining ZZZzzzzzzzz

get off

Yes. If I don't like what someone is talking about I scroll on and don't participate. When I decide they say something of value to me then well, I will participate again, simple.

like you could point at the bench points but i dont think anyone in here actually expects the okc bench to keep up with the clippers bench

okc is a better overall team, this takes into account the superior clippers bench and coaching. okc needs to make better use of their strengths (kd and westbrook) to counter the gap in bench and coaching

I would disagree. OKCs bench is pretty good, they just don't get a chance to ball. Straight up. Unutilized talent on OKC's bench. They will get developed somewhere someday.
okc's bench is averaging a full 10 ppg less than the clippers bench this playoffs. the clippers bench squad can go out there and at least maintain a lead, okc needs to have kd or westbrook on the floor at all times or else nothing will happen

you could say okcs bench is just as talented but its not being used correctly, but its a bit late in the season for that. at this point you know what you will get from okcs bench and you know what you will get from the clippers bench.

okc might have some unutilized gems on the bench but in 2014, with scott brooks as the coach, clippers have a better bench than okc

Oh No no no no no. I said they were pretty good. I didn't say better. I think you out Adams Or Collison, Lamb, Jones, Jackson and KD on the floor together they all do well. Not for 2 possessions either, let them have 3-6 minutes at a time or so.

get off
people just need to understand how this thread works, its always chaos when games are on with slander and jokes flying all over the place

then after the games people can have serious convos about what just happened earlier in the day

if you dont like someones posts just block them and keep it moving, although personally i think that defeats the point of NT but to each his own

all the slander and chaos is what makes this thread so much fun 

Personally, I just can't see how Scott Brooks is at fault for this game 4 loss.

When something as drastic as Chris Paul guarding KD happens, schematics go out the window. You play through that matchup, and essentially that becomes your offense. You read and react accordingly to how the Clippers use Chris Paul against KD.

CP's initial defense on KD combined with KD not being able to get good position (nothing new) made KD get the ball 20 feet from the basket. However, that kind of wasn't the issue. They simply didn't floor space well which allowed the double team to be far more effective than it should have. Two, three players should not be standing side by side on the perimeter watching KD. That shouldn't happen. Period. That's not the coaching doing that. KD is an improved passer and he isn't as bad of a passer out the double as today's game showed. A simple adjustment on floor spacing takes away those Turnovers and possibly puts points on the board for OKC and keeps LAC at bay.

These were guys that got good run during the season when Russell was out and did well, they developed. Something stopped though, Lamb and Jones didn't even get to squeak their sneakers once Russ came back

When something as drastic as Chris Paul guarding KD happens, schematics go out the window. You play through that matchup, and essentially that becomes your offense. You read and react accordingly to how the Clippers use Chris Paul against KD.

CP's initial defense on KD combined with KD not being able to get good position (nothing new) made KD get the ball 20 feet from the basket. However, that kind of wasn't the issue. They simply didn't floor space well which allowed the double team to be far more effective than it should have. Two, three players should not be standing side by side on the perimeter watching KD. That shouldn't happen. Period. That's not the coaching doing that. KD is an improved passer and he isn't as bad of a passer out the double as today's game showed. A simple adjustment on floor spacing takes away those Turnovers and possibly puts points on the board for OKC and keeps LAC at bay.
No Brooks had some terrible substitutions and the spacing part should have been corrected way earlier by the coaching staff. But I agree with you that the thunder poorly executed in the 4th qtr today.

Last edited:
These were guys that got good run during the season when Russell was out and did well, they developed. Something stopped though, Lamb and Jones didn't even get to squeak their sneakers once Russ came back
i never really payed much attention to those two guys so im not going to speak on something i dont know about. but from various articles and grantland podcasts it seems like they are nothing special.

okc was 3 minutes away from dominating three straight games vs a very good clippers team. they just choked this game away, but if they play like they normally do they will win game 5. there is no reason for them to try and mix things up and throw random people in the lineup

what they are doing works, they just stopped executing midway through the 4th

A simple adjustment on floor spacing takes away those Turnovers and possibly puts points on the board for OKC and keeps LAC at bay.

You're killing your own argument. :lol:

I'm really confused about what some of you guys think the job of a coach is.

Yea I joked about having blocked you earlier. But I had though mentally, I didn't know it was gonna be follow the leader and people really block you. I've said many times in the past when people said they'd block me that, doing that was the silliest thing I'd heard, called it chatroom stuff to block someone because on a site like this, sea manup sea manup or the person you block might be the one giving you or posting the info you need or find valuable.

No Brooks had some terrible substitutions and the spacing part should have been corrected way earlier by the coaching staff. But I agree with you that the thunder poorly executed in the 4th qtr today.

Now that I can agree with a bit. Don't know why Thabo is in the game in the fourth when they seriously needed some floor spacing to pick apart the double. Caron would have definitely been a bit more useful in that regard. Hell...Anyone but thabo lol It wasn't like he was stopping anybody either.

A simple adjustment on floor spacing takes away those Turnovers and possibly puts points on the board for OKC and keeps LAC at bay.

Me too. It's like a parent, a coach is, don't do what you are supposed to, Parent gets in that tail and corrects your mistake. Parent/Coach

Not really. The simple adjustment should be made by the players. That simple adjustment at least. If you look to your right and left, and your standing right next to a player, basketball common sense tells you the spacing isn't right :lol:

You're killing your own argument.
laugh.gif

the point of a coach is to fix floor spacing but that happens over the course of a season, when you go up and down the floor multiple times your offense is not going to be drawn out on a clip board in the last time out, players go into their offensive habits. the job of a coach is to build good habits throughout the course of the season, for okc's floor spacing its a little too late for that. you can say brooks did a poor job coaching this team this season, that would be true but despite all that okc is still a very good team and they were playing perfectly fine for 2.8 games. this is not the first time in the series kd has been double teamed, but this time he handled it poorly which cost his team the game. that doesnt have anything to do with what brooks could have done better in this one game

Okc has 2 of the top 10 players in the League. They can compete every game and every series to some extent. It's going to take more than 2 top 10 players to succeed though. Something's got to give

Last edited:
Okc has 2 of the top 10 players in the League. They can compete every game and every series to some extent. It's going to take more than 2 top 10 players to succeed though. Something's got to give
Many factors. Ibaka didn't get enough touches today. No 3 pt threats other than KD and kinda Russy. Garbage defense in the last 6 minutes.

Last edited:
Yea I joked about having blocked you earlier. But I had though mentally, I didn't know it was gonna be follow the leader and people really block you. I've said many times in the past when people said they'd block me that, doing that was the silliest thing I'd heard, called it chatroom stuff to block someone because on a site like this, @sea manup or the person you block might be the one giving you or posting the info you need or find valuable.
to be fair, i say a bunch of random stuff when games are on and if you dont take me seriously i wont take you seriously. but if you want to actually talk basketball im always down for that.

im here pretty much every day, and i stand by every post i make. if you disagree then i would gladly talk it out

But OKC is not good enough. People will realize this when Clippers advance.
they have looked dominant in 3/4 games

they have the ability to win this series, even with brooks doing nothing, even with their bench doing nothing. but yes, if the clippers do win then okc did not play good enough

But OKC is not good enough. People will realize this when Clippers advance.

Funny you say this because I kind of agree with this sentiment, especially in this series. The clippers have the Better team, but OKC has the two best players in the series which is huge considering they are an mvp and all nba performer. That gives them the edge obviously, but it puts an incredible amount of pressure for russ and kd to be great every night and not just with their scoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom