2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
laugh.gif
 dantoni system.  its pickup basketball

Anybody think Rubio and the Wolves can improve with D'Antoni as head coach?

Just curious
He might, he don't play D anyway :lol:

rubio doesn't play defense? i thought at this point that's all he was doing well :lol:

Same here. I could've sworn somebody said he was the "best defensive PG in the league" :lol:. Sounds like a major hyperbole to me, but it did seem like defense was the key thing he was doing right.

Melo would be great for the Bulls if they didn't have to give up much. A FA Melo added would be nice, but in a trade scenario, I really don't know what type of moves they'd make to get him.

everything i've heard about the bulls suggests they need to get rid of boozer and gibson first to make it happen.

if that's the case, you're starting hinrich dunleavy butler melo and noah, who's coming off the bench? snell, augustin? but what depth at the 4/5? coldcity coldcity

hibbert has to return to old form if Indy wants to advance any further, I just don't see it happening

Wiz in 6

everything i've heard about the bulls suggests they need to get rid of boozer and gibson first to make it happen.

if that's the case, you're starting hinrich dunleavy butler melo and noah, who's coming off the bench? snell, augustin? but what depth at the 4/5? coldcity coldcity

Taj already got paid & wont be moved (even tho MOST ppl suggest he has to be moved to make the MELO move wk... he doesnt & it can still wk)

boozer is good as gone... he either gets traded or amnestied... hopefully option 1 presents itself

there is noone behind Noah as bad as that is.... im not counting Nazr, even when hes in hes not in we need another 5 BADDDDDD

kirk wont come back unless its on a serious pay cut, MJD wont be back either because he needs to be moved to make room for more $$ to melo

DJ SHOULD be back & of course tony is coming off the pine too

dont forget about jimmer & ronnie brew they will both be back & have more a role on the floor

rose also will either be 100% ready at seasons start or hes hurt again no inbeteen (hes running the fiba games so everyone will know exactly how he is well before the nba season jumps)

also this mirotic thing might be settled over this offseason too ...he could be in red n black by oct

Last edited:
Am I the only that thinks Indys gonna beat Was? Yeah they played like :x against the Hawks but it really was a bad matchup (as ridiculous as it sounds). I'm pulling for Wall and co. but I don't see them exploiting Indy the same way and they too young right now. God, I hope I'm wrong cause I don't think I can stand seeing anymore of Roy Hibberts face on my television.

Another good Mark Jackson piece: http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/67970/the-basketball-rorschach-test-by-the-bay

Am I wrong, stupid, etc. for wanting to see what D'Antoni could do with Curry and the rest of the roster? :lol:

130+ points a game with D'Antoni as coach

No Pringles :x

The reason why the Dubs have made the playoffs is because they been a defensive team since Jackson took over. We need a better offensive coach but not a coach that is defensively challenge

The best guard in the league isnt a legit first option?

Nope. I mean if you want a team to win 50 games and get bounced in the first or second round then yeah he is.

But for a title contender? Nah. Too perimeter oriented and doesn't get enough quality high percentage shots. That is, he doesn't get to the free throw line nearly enough and doesn't get enough stuff in the paint. Look at all the first options on winners. Historically, it's just not a good recipe for a championship contender when your star player is as perimeter oriented as Steph is.

Pacers in 6
Heat in 6
Spurs in 5
Thunder in 5

Isn't gonna be nearly as competitive as the first round.

Last edited:
Man if the Bulls can get Melo without giving too much? They honestly become title contenders immediately.

Healthy Rose (cringe), Noah, and Melo along with TG? Man that's legit as hell. Especially in the east. Title contenders for sure.

PJ won't let Melo get out of NY though. Which sucks. Hope i'm wrong though, wanna see Melo on a title contender.

Wiz in 6
Blaze in 6
OKC in 7
Heat in 5

Don't want to ever pick against Pop but their last series, they looked old and beat up too many times. Portland is young and fast.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom