2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
KD receiving his MVP award tomorrow night? If so, game won't even tip off realistically tip around 9. :rolleyes

Maybe not, RealGM says Wednesday

Last edited:
Its not. People.just like to hype that kind of stuff up and say oh that team has the advantage because they've been here before and know how it feels. All game long that's all they were saying about Brooklyn then they almost completely blew the game at the end if your experienced you don't do that. There's no way you can be experienced your playing different teams every time
You've got to be kidding.

Nba championships/playoffs are ALL about experience. 

Last year heat team

Lebron, Bosh, Wade  , Haslem, Jones 9 years

Birdman 10 years

Battier 11 years

Mike Miller 12 years

Rashard 14 years

Ray Allen 16 years

J.Howard 19years

Last year heat team
Birdman 10 years
Battier 11 years
Mike Miller 12 years
Rashard 14 years
Ray Allen 16 years
J.Howard 19years

I'm pretty sure were talking about playoff experience. Every team has players that have been in the league for a while. I just don't believe in oh this team has been here before while the other team hasn't so therefore they have an advantage over them because of experience.

Anyways, the Empire State Bldg will be lit up Brooklyn Nets colors tonight. Prok apparently paid a million dollars to do it
I don't believe this. How do you know? Link?
Black and White? 
indifferent.gif

Its not. People.just like to hype that kind of stuff up and say oh that team has the advantage because they've been here before and know how it feels. All game long that's all they were saying about Brooklyn then they almost completely blew the game at the end if your experienced you don't do that. There's no way you can be experienced your playing different teams every time

Last year heat team
Birdman 10 years
Battier 11 years
Mike Miller 12 years
Rashard 14 years
Ray Allen 16 years
J.Howard 19years

like the spurs didn't have team experience as well :lol:

Last year heat team
Birdman 10 years
Battier 11 years
Mike Miller 12 years
Rashard 14 years
Ray Allen 16 years
J.Howard 19years

@flopcity we're talking about playoff experience.

Pretty much all the evidence shows you can't win an NBA championship without significant playoff experience, so it's not even an argument.

Experience matters from a faith standpoint. It does no good if the experience isn't shared experience though. That is, just because you're older and been in the league for awhile, that doesn't make the experience beneficial. It's the shared experience(s).

For instance, if I'm Kobe Bryant, I feel comfortable on the floor in the playoffs in any situation with Fisher, Fox, Horry, and Shaq. Like I know that I can play a game 7 with them and they won't be afraid of the moment. I can trust them to put their best foot forward when it matters. As much flack as Rio gets, I guarantee you D Wade and Lebron along with Bosh, and Haslem are totally comfortable now with playing with Rio in the postseason. He's routinely put his best foot forward when it matters. That chemistry, that feeling of togetherness, brotherhood, that stuff is for real. It isn't just some TV talk.

I say best foot forward because you aren't always going to have your best game in the postseason. No one is perfect. However, if I've played x amount of postseason games with this guy, I can look to him and know that he's here with me, he isn't afraid of the moment, whether he's playing great or playing bad. Sometimes players dont' put their best foot forward in postseason games and it isn't because they are playing bad, it's because they are afraid. Shared experience brings about trust, which is huge.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure were talking about playoff experience. Every team has players that have been in the league for a while. I just don't believe in oh this team has been here before while the other team hasn't so therefore they have an advantage over them because of experience.

Young teams in the NBA don't win ****. Period. You can word it however you like

Show me one team that has won an NBA championship without prior playoff experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom