2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not everyone thinks its splitting hairs. That's the point. Most think Phil is bar none the goat. Pop has a very strong case, that gets stronger every year seemingly.

I just feel like what Phil was able to do, with multiple franchises, especially his 2nd tenure with LA, Kobe, Shaq, MJ, and Pip makes him the GOAT.

Fixed that for you. And nah, it makes him a great coach who was very very fortunate.
how many rings did jordan, pippen, kobe, and shaq win without phil?
That's a trash argument that Phil riders always bring up. No one is saying Phil isn't a great coach. He brought those guys over the top. But that doesn't make him the goat. You can't point at coaches who aren't as good and use that as the reason to why Phil is the goat. There are other great coaches who could've done just as much as Phil did with identical rosters. Pop, for one.

So Westbrook should fall back and allow durant to take 30 footers all game right? We all see how the thunder looked without Russ last year.
WestBrook is a piece that can be moved for other good players so KD wouldn't have to do it by himself. Let's use are heads when we talk. KD is better than WestBrook so yes he should fall back and watch him work.

A blind man can see that WestBrook and Durant do not fit. They win because they're just that talented similar to the Heat season 1. The Heat became a championship team when Wade decided to step aside and let LeBron be the front man. WestBrook's stats look nice on paper but watching the game he looks out of wack. He's their PG. His main job should be making his teammates better. He should know when to shoot and when not to but he doesn't. The guy has no filter. OKC will never reach their full potential until either KD or Russ take a step back and let the other be the man. 

They have yet to have a coach to make then work together. When will y'all understand that?

My biggest complain about Vogel.

He was given crap, but should have given the bench more time together. Not much variability when he went to the bench too, which made it easier to guard the team.

yup

Copeland should have played more, Scola should have posted up more, Miles Plumlee and Gerald Green should have gotten more burn to prove whether they could play. CJ Watson should have played with the starters more, Lance Stephenson should have went to the bench in the Manu Ginobili mode. ect ect

Last edited:
For real man :lol: that mess rustles my jimmies to no end. How do you even have a discussion about things if you bring up "what if's" ?

I hear.you but to me

Ray allen don't smack that 3

No shot made
then the king gets dethroned
and Media boned

Haha

Last edited:

There are other great coaches who could've done just as much as Phil did with identical rosters.
Oh yeah? Like who? How do you know this
laugh.gif
Because I've watched Pop do it with less for years now.

They have yet to have a coach to make then work together. When will y'all understand that?
WestBrook's mentality is to shoot first and ask questions later when will you learn that? He's an undersized 2 masquerading as a 1. He has no business being a PG. He clearly also thinks he's better than KD when he is not. He needs to be moved to a team where he can be the man.

Oh and I agree the coach should be fired.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom