2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Because I've watched Pop do it with less for years now.
Yeah you're right, he only did it with David, Tim, Tony, Manu...like 4 HoF'ers
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
That is less. Substantially less.

Some of you dudes just don't get it. KD is passive because he's trying to let WestBrook do his thing also. This is the main problem with the Thunder. You cannot have 2 dudes who both think they are the man. As soon as Kobe reached the point where he was better than Shaq they shipped Shaq out why? Because Shaq was never going to allow Kobe to be the guy. WestBrook and Durant are both ball dominant players so somebody has to take a backseat. It's not meshing. 
Oh I never said they could co-exist together and win a title, but the blame should not be so heavily skewed towards Westbrook every single time OKC loses.

That's my only gripe with the Westbrook slander

Kevin Durant made 48% of his fall away 3s. While Westbrook went 8-22
Are stats all that matter?

Anyone who paid attention to the game saw that Durant was passive as **** in the 4th and overtime. 
Countless times Westbrook's looking to pass to Durant but he can't get himself open. 

Why the **** do people keep posting Russ's playoff averages if stats don't matter?

And anyone with a brain could see Russ made horrible decisions in ot. Hell could called for a pick, a give and go anything would have been better than dribbling the ball into the ground for 10 seconds and having the whole of defense focused on you.

if manu can keep this type of level of play, the spurs got a chance
dude looks completely different than what we saw in last yrs finals

This finals rematch is all going down to how bad TP's injury...

Heat will sweep them if TP is not above 80%

I think TP sitting was more precautionary than anything else.

They were down 9 at the time, and game 7 was 2 days away. No need to further disturb the ankle with the team down 9 on the road.

And why is that? Because they don't have a play designed or a system to work with. OKC offense have 2 choices to work with and start exactly the same, high screen and roll, pass or shoot. When the players outside of that 2 man play don't move who else can you give it up to that isn't covered?

Everything else you said about being a PG is irrelevant. Look at his stat line
Forget the stats line it's about winning games. Both WestBrook and KD are shoot first ask questions later type players. You can't have 2 of those types of players because they do not compliment one another. It's not hard to understand. They don't even know who should have the ball in their hands at the end of games because they both think that they're the man. That says it all.

Congrats to Antidope, Cfranchise and the rest of the Spurs' fans on here.

Good luck in the Finals.

Finals rematch though.
pimp.gif
Would have been a rematch no matter who came out the West, but still.
laugh.gif

Spurs going for vengeance and redemption. Bron, Wade and Bosh going for the 3peat.

Should be fun.
pimp.gif

S&T gonna have an influx of Spurs "fans" over the next two weeks.
laugh.gif

The greatest PF of all time is less? David Robinson, Dream Team, 50 greatest...and that's substantially less?

Aight man, I'm done with it
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Who are you taking from that group over Kobe, Shaq and MJ? Not a single one. And Pip is even debateable. Ya'll aren't going to sit here and argue that Pop has had as much. Not after he just did this another two years in a row with an absolutely ANCIENT Timmy and Manu lol.

Because I've watched Pop do it with less for years now.

Yeah you're right, he only did it with David, Tim, Tony, Manu...like 4 HoF'ers :lol: :lol:

Ravage you are straight on one boss, if that is considerably less than what Bulls had. Bulls had Jordan and Phil that made everyone else HOFers, because that's what greats do, they replicate themselves with the people they surround themselves with.

Pop has been great at this, too. But he's NO Phil, never will be. Ever!

IMO of course, Phil can move mountains, Pop can rebuild them when they are gone.

All these irrational scenarios and knee jerk reactions about what the Thunder should "do," or what they should "fix" to help win a ring because it's ring or bust.

That's flat out stupid.

Winning a ring in the NBA is hard flat out. Takes some incredible good luck. OKC has a great team, KD and Russ are elite, championship level players / tandem. Things happen. Make or miss league. KD and Russ both missed some shots in OT that they normally make. Ibaka has been great against TD all series and fouls him, then gets scored on. Things happen. Slippage happens. Reload, minor tweaks maybe, and come back and try and win it all next year. They lost to a really, really good team.

Pop has been great at this, too. But he's NO Phil, never will be. Ever!

IMO of course, Phil can move mountains, Pop can rebuild them when they are gone.
See this isht right here?!? This is the only reason I'm even pressing this argument. Dudes like you!
indifferent.gif
mean.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom