16 yr old kid opens "SNEAKER PAWN" shop

Jordans were made for weight lifting?

Learn something new everyday. I apologize.

Win lose or draw, the young man is going to have a quality experience. Good to see a young man choose a positive route in his early life

What about just taking care of your ****? I got those same concords, and I wear them regularly, they dont look like that.

If you really like em like you say you do, you'll take good care of them. Keep them looking nice as long as possible.

I guess I'm just old school like that.
Thats not old school. Thats being old and not being able to part with young ways.

When I was 17 I cleaned the soles of my shoes. I think about that now and 
sick.gif
. I still take care of my kicks, I wont purposely walk on mud with them, but I certainly dont care as much as I did when I was younger.

What about just taking care of your ****? I got those same concords, and I wear them regularly, they dont look like that.

If you really like em like you say you do, you'll take good care of them. Keep them looking nice as long as possible.

Thats not old school. Thats being old and not being able to part with young ways.

When I was 17 I cleaned the soles of my shoes. I think about that now and :x . I still take care of my kicks, I wont purposely walk on mud with them, but I certainly dont care as much as I did when I was younger.

Since when was taking care of your belongs "young ways"? I dont clean them like I used to, but Im not walking around in dirty, busted *** shoes.

Thats just.......savage.

Also the first thing women look at when the peep a guy is shoes, walking around casually in dirty shoes is just a no no.

When I was 17 I cleaned the soles of my shoes. I think about that now and :x . I still take care of my kicks, I wont purposely walk on mud with them, but I certainly dont care as much as I did when I was younger.

Since when was taking care of your belongs "young ways"? I dont clean them like I used to, but Im not walking around in dirty, busted *** shoes.

Thats just.......savage.

Also the first thing women look at when the peep a guy is shoes, walking around casually in dirty shoes is just a no no.

different strokes i guess... i beat my shoes to death and then toss em and move on to another pair. i personally dont see any problem with wearing a pair of beaters to make a run to the store. its not like dude was out trying to peacock in front of some girls right? dude probably just ran out to wally world to pickup some paper towels and snacks or something.

Thats just.......savage.

different strokes i guess... i beat my shoes to death and then toss em and move on to another pair. i personally dont see any problem with wearing a pair of beaters to make a run to the store. its not like dude was out trying to peacock in front of some girls right? dude probably just ran out to wally world to pickup some paper towels and snacks or something.

I see what youre saying, theres nothing wrong with beater. I actually pride myself for my beater, but then again my beaters are 10+ years old. Its not like people can just run into FL and buy a pair of Jordans anymore. How you go through all those hoops, and not really care? I know theres the possibility he got them as a gift(though its things Im not telling yall, like the fact that I know these kids consider themselves "into sneakers") .

That just goes back to "this sneaker thing is getting out of hand". People are sleeping on the concrete, robbing and stealing for these shoes and kids are getting them and just like doing whatever. These kids are just mindlessly doing it, because other kids are doing it. They dont give a damn about the sneaker, they just want the little "shine" that comes with it.

Thats just.......savage.

I'll feel bad if the sneaker bubble ever pops and all these people are still holding onto sneakers. Then the rest of the folks who actually like shoes can get pairs a lot easier. 

I appreciate the thought but there's too much residual risk to make this durable business, the reason why pawn shops are successful are for three reasons (i) there's massive volume / variety which creates consistent customer traffic, (ii) the quantum of the loans are large enough that they can pay off operational costs just off of the interest and (iii) there's such a big difference between the price they make the loan and the secondary / tertiary market price to sell the item. There's too much volatility in sneaker re-sell prices to make this a sustainable model.  

Also, there's already someone who cornered this market

Last edited:
They turned their old apartment into the shop.

Anyone who understands the pawn business knows this has potential.

The sneaker fab isn't going anywhere anytime soon....

Back
Top Bottom