16 yr old kid opens "SNEAKER PAWN" shop

:x :smh: at the thought of having a collection valued at 100k and still living at home with your parents

*Porsche money*

17275340_ninjahoodbooger_nt.gif

I'll feel bad if the sneaker bubble ever pops and all these people are still holding onto sneakers. Then the rest of the folks who actually like shoes can get pairs a lot easier. 

There will always be a market for sneakers.

But I could see the bubble bursting in terms of it being a fad.

Oversaturation and whoring everything out. Crap quality and constant price increases may now sway away the kiddies but it does push some people away from buying sneakers their on the fence about.

That whole "limited" term lost its luster when limited stuff comes out pretty often. I could care less about limited releases but I'm just pointing that out.

Stuff has been going on same lately too. Not to the point like how it was in 07-08 or so but crap release like those white blue x's aren't instant sell outs anymore either.

There will always be a market for sneakers.

But I could see the bubble bursting in terms of it being a fad.

Oversaturation and whoring everything out. Crap quality and constant price increases may now sway away the kiddies but it does push some people away from buying sneakers their on the fence about.

That whole "limited" term lost its luster when limited stuff comes out pretty often. I could care less about limited releases but I'm just pointing that out.

Stuff has been going on same lately too. Not to the point like how it was in 07-08 or so but crap release like those white blue x's aren't instant sell outs anymore either.
how so especially with nike they been doing this aka retros for what over a decade damn near two now... Hell didnt mj shoes just hit the billion dollar mark. Nike especially could retro a shoe esp a jordan, same model every month and ppl will still shoot, kill, rob, sleep in the streets like homeless ppl, save up checks/allowances pay 2/3 times retail...

Its not a fad anymore its a way of life at this point, like social media, reality tv etc... 20 yrs from now they will be selling aj xi retro for the 15th time for $500 retail and folks will be sitting on pins and needled waiting to buy on whatever latest tech is available hoping someone doesnt shoot the delivery drone down and take the shoes before they reach them.

And lord knows what will happen when jordan dies.... man they might release some honor his life pair aka limited for like a rack or more and ppl will be going bezerk. Not to mention ppl will buy want a pair just cause he is gone. 

how so especially with nike they been doing this aka retros for what over a decade damn near two now... Hell didnt mj shoes just hit the billion dollar mark. Nike especially could retro a shoe esp a jordan, same model every month and ppl will still shoot, kill, rob, sleep in the streets like homeless ppl, save up checks/allowances pay 2/3 times retail...

Its not a fad anymore its a way of life at this point, like social media, reality tv etc... 20 yrs from now they will be selling aj xi retro for the 15th time for $500 retail and folks will be sitting on pins and needled waiting to buy on whatever latest tech is available hoping someone doesnt shoot the delivery drone down and take the shoes before they reach them.

And lord knows what will happen when jordan dies.... man they might release some honor his life pair aka limited for like a rack or more and ppl will be going bezerk. Not to mention ppl will buy want a pair just cause he is gone. 
I see retros not as a performance shoe, but more as a shoe you'd wear off the court. I see people hoop in retros, but not as much as before. If the world leans more toward performance shoes, then maybe I can see the bubble pop a bit. Or if people stop collecting the older shoes that you can't wear because they are retros and not the OGs, then the market for older retros would start to die a bit.

So did he actually sell his kicks to open up the shop?

Well no. the dad and his business partners opened the shop. This was just viral marketing to get buzz. What gets more headlines. Grown man opens sneaker shop. Or 16 year old entrepreneur opens sneaker shop

Back
Top Bottom