16 yr old kid opens "SNEAKER PAWN" shop

Maybe this kid just took an idea that sounded good at the time and took it too far.

The other day I decided I was going to open up a Soccer club in the area and charge $200 per player a month once we got good and a professional coach. Looking at it now, I'm not really into it anymore.

Bruh would have been better opening a Rent-A-Swag

tumblr_mhvp7lgIxa1qgo3lxo1_500.gif

tumblr_mjip10Euql1r1m064o1_500.gif

People don't want the shoes, they want the reps. They get the shoes, get the reps, pawn the shoes, keep the reps, use the money to buy more shoes. This store will be full of recent retro Jordan's :lol:

Won't all this be the reason why his store will work?

they should have just made it like a real pawn shop instead of half stepping and making it partially consignment. also this publicity cant be good for lil man in harlem. the goons would find him quick come holiday season
mean.gif

People will not go to pawn shop, instead they will go to CL , eBay, or some other quick avenue. It's not hard to sell most shoes quick and for close to retail if not more.

-stayblessed

“After we evaluate it, we’ll give the kid, say, $100 for the sneakers. If he wants them back, he’ll pay the $100, plus $20 for storing the sneakers,” Troy said.

If someone makes an ­offer, the pawner is notified and has the right of first refusal, provided they can pony up the cash. If the sneakers sell for more, the pawner keeps 80 percent of the profit and the rest goes to the store.

What I got from the article:

You're broke, rent's due, you need quick money, pawn your Yeezys for $200.

You have 30 days to pay for that $200 + $40 (pawn fee)

Someone comes in within 30 days and offers $2000 for your yeezys, you can keep 80% of the sell price ($1600) + store gets 20% ($400) (RIF/FC)

Either you find a way to pay $240, take the $1600, or take an L (can't pay the $200 after 30 days)

you're basically given the chance to reclaim your sneakers if you can fork out what you were given within in that 30 days or take the offer and lose out on the shoes.

buy your shoes back + $40 or take the offer and cash. i get that part.

offers are one thing... getting actual payments are another. i'm curious how this store will compete with the likes of FC and all the other stores in NY.

so if he doesn't get offers on kicks, do they go straight to eBay?

you're basically given the chance to reclaim your sneakers if you can fork out what you were given within in that 30 days or take the offer and lose out on the shoes.

buy your shoes back + $40 or take the offer and cash. i get that part.

offers are one thing... getting actual payments are another. i'm curious how this store will compete with the likes of FC and all the other stores in NY.

so if he doesn't get offers on kicks, do they go straight to eBay?
You gotta really lowball the pawner for his kicks. They say buyers offer more for shoes but everyone wants a deal, so of course they are gonna try to get the lowest price possible. I still dont see how he makes a net profit but hey if he makes it, good for him.

This may sound ridiculous but what if nike / jordan offered a membership plan. For 100 a month you automatically get the opportunity to receive the released sneakers for that month. For the sneaker that you want, you pay the remaining balance. this eliminates camping. Lets say one for 2 months straight you aren't interested in any sneakers that were released so you gave nike 200.00 next month the hares come out and you want them. you deduct the 175.00 or whatever from that 200 and automatically receive the shoes. with a remaining balance of 25.

I only see this working on serious sneakerheads. which i would never do

The idea sounded smooth in my head im sure it will get ripped a new angus hole

People don't want the shoes, they want the reps. They get the shoes, get the reps, pawn the shoes, keep the reps, use the money to buy more shoes. This store will be full of recent retro Jordan's :lol:

TRUTH!!!

I saw a dude in Wally's world the other day that looked like he played kickball in the mud with his concords, and last night I saw a dude lifting weights in some brand new IIs.

These kids dont care about the shoes, in the least. They just want to say they got em.

TRUTH!!!

I saw a dude in Wally's world the other day that looked like he played kickball in the mud with his concords, and last night I saw a dude lifting weights in some brand new IIs.

These kids dont care about the shoes, in the least. They just want to say they got em.

But I thought the point of copping shoes was to wear them, kudos to that mud-ridden concord kid, ill rather see lil homie wear them than keep em DS

My first pair of jays I got I wore them every day, I remember my boy saying ur joints is cooked and I only had them for a week, I loved them (XIII Low)

TRUTH!!!

But I thought the point of copping shoes was to wear them, kudos to that mud-ridden concord kid, ill rather see lil homie wear them than keep em DS

My first pair of jays I got I wore them every day, I remember my boy saying ur joints is cooked and I only had them for a week, I loved them (XIII Low)

What about just taking care of your ****? I got those same concords, and I wear them regularly, they dont look like that.

If you really like em like you say you do, you'll take good care of them. Keep them looking nice as long as possible.

I guess I'm just old school like that.

Last edited:
TRUTH!!!

What about just taking care of your ****? I got those same concords, and I wear them regularly, they dont look like that.

If you really like em like you say you do, you'll take good care of them. Keep them looking nice as long as possible.

I guess I'm just old school like that.
exactly... my 1st pair of concords look new still

Bugging @ how many people don't know how the pawn buisness works.

Can't believe that dude who said "Ain't nobody pawning houses"

I couldn't care less if this venture succeeds or not but you dudes clearly don't know a thing about pawning. If the #'s are right (loan $ with interest, buy cheap, storage fee's etc.) and the buzz for shoes is strong (clearly it is) than his buisness is designed for profit.

I'm no Rick Harrison nor a street cat but c'mon yall

Last edited:
TRUTH!!!

That guy was using his athletic shoe's for athletic purposes? What a douche bag

Bugging @ how many people don't know how the pawn buisness works.

Can't believe that dude who said "Ain't nobody pawning houses"

I couldn't care less if this venture succeeds or not but you dudes clearly don't know a thing about pawning. If the #'s are right (loan $ with interest, buy cheap, storage fee's etc.) and the buzz for shoes is strong (clearly it is) than his buisness is designed for profit.

I'm no Rick Harrison nor a street cat but c'mon yall

That you in the article? :nerd:

New to this internet smart *** thing, are we?

Think about what you originally wrote. Let it sink in. Do you realize how absurd you sounded?

You're trying to make a point, that would be valid if we wasn't talking about an overpriced cheap retro of a shoe with out of date technology. He could have purchased better shoes for cheaper, so its pretty clear he was wearing them just to wear them, not to wearing them for "athletic purposes".

Good try doe. Dont give up, you'll get it soon enough.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom