⛔️ {Thread is NOW CLOSED. New Football Thread, Link on Last Page.}⛔️

Should we start a new football thread?

• Yes... - Lets Start Fresh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah... - Lets Just Keep This Going

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Arsenal had plenty of chances to score today and didn't finish. Cech could've done better. Hammers are much improved. We'll be fine. 37 more fixtures. Keep the hate coming NT, it's what u do best.

Every team gets stick when they dont perform well my man,calm down :lol:. It's all good fun banter

Last edited:
I was being sarcastic about the EPL being deeper.

Those EPL teams would still be starstruck and thinking about stories they're gunna tell their grandkids when Real/Barca already drop the first goal on them :lol:

Last edited:
It would be a really good move for Arsenal. Sucks as an RM fan if true. Feel like we've been developing this whole time and he's going to be spending his best years that are ahead of him at another club.

At least it wouldn't be on a free.

And Marco da injury prone Gawd would be coming through. Bruh getting to replace Jese with him in my FIFA lineup would be :x :lol:

Speaking of RM, I'm not liking how the attack is looking so far. I expected more these past two friendlies against subpar teams. They can't afford to lose Benz without bringing in Reus or somebody elite.

They simply move Ronaldo up front, Bale moves to his natural position, and Isco gets to start. It works! Even before the splash signing. Jese backs up Ronaldo (still wouldn't be bad to bring back Chicharito but Utd are deep in their feelings right now).

I don't want Ronaldo to play striker yet, he's still faster than 99% of players out there. He's perfect in that Forward LW role that's he's mastered throught his career. I don't get putting him as a CF but I feel like that's what Benetiz is going to do, esp if Benzema leaves.

History shows CR7 Is much more effective on the wing man. I don't want him playing striker yet. We gotta keep Benz or bring in somebody else

Young boy from Hammers looked pretty good for 16
And that's how bad Arsenal was today... Ozil letting a 16 year old play him off the pitch, come on... Arsenal were appalling, such a spineless team at times. We were so bad today that we forced Alexis to come back early, what if he got hurt? Absolute joke... Oh well, onto Crystal Palace lol

lets waste 25 cents of my winnings from draft kings yesterday on the mls today, hoping the galaxy run wild on the sounders cause its mostly galaxy players, speaking of draft kings if any of you want to try it out pm me your email and ill invite you i get stuff, it would be appreciated

Gio, Gerard, zardes...
Looking forward to this galaxy game

Aannndddd they're down
Dude pulled his hammy running after scoring, that sucks

Last edited:
Zardes is really good man. Only a matter of time before his playing in Europe.

Dude just won the copa America, is he really out of fit?
I know a lot canhappen the span of a few weeks but still ...
Is he just being eased off a minor injury ?

Last edited:
WENGER - REASONS FOR STRIKER SHORTAGE
Arsène Wenger says European football must change the way it educates players if it is to start producing top-class centre forwards again.
The Arsenal manager believes there is a diminished pool of talented strikers because of the way the game has developed - but he thinks this trend can be reversed.
“There are a few reasons [for it],” said Wenger. “One of the basic ones is that, linked with the centre forwards, we develop less centre backs in Europe. Before, when the teams practised in the park on bad pitches in winter, we had to lift the ball, we had to go behind, and today the pitches are all perfect.

“In training there is only passing so we can only develop midfielders now. All the education is about passing on the ground on perfect pitches.
“Before, when you watched training sessions and even games in the 50s, you had to kick the ball from the back to the front. You had to get in behind and fight with the centre back to win the ball to have a chance to retain it.
“That is not the case anymore and the fact that the whole conditions have changed means that we have not adapted in our education. We have just developed players who are good passers of the ball. We don’t have any more tough defenders or any more people who are willing to go into the fight.
“If we adapt our education then yes [it can change]. Maybe we have to create specific schools for strikers. You can coach it because you can coach everything.”

Read more at http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-ar...sons-for-striker-shortage#EXPmjtr5M761KVug.99

That Liverpool-Stoke match was a real bore fest. Pool look really toothless in attack. As the way things stand now, that scrappy 1-0 win vs TOT looking real good now.

Back
Top Bottom