⛔️ {Thread is NOW CLOSED. New Football Thread, Link on Last Page.}⛔️

Should we start a new football thread?

• Yes... - Lets Start Fresh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah... - Lets Just Keep This Going

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I'm intrigued by what Atletico's vision is with a Chinese company buying a 20% stake earlier this year and their retention of much of their talent.

They also invested a lot into Jackson Martinez while letting go of Mandzukic who seemed to be a problem in the locker room.

Wonder if their end game is to just build their brand and maximize earnings, or if they're really look to invest into trying to win things.

Also think the culture they've built there is amazing. With Simeone at the helm, and it's not just the club saying no, but it's obviously got to be the players wanting to stay there too.

You would think that the clubs that came knocking were offering big wage increases to the players too. Supposedly Godin turned down a fat contract from City. I'd think PSG was ready to pay Griezmann too.

Also think the culture they've built there is amazing. With Simeone at the helm, and it's not just the club saying no, but it's obviously got to be the players wanting to stay there too.

You would think that the clubs that came knocking were offering big wage increases to the players too. Supposedly Godin turned down a fat contract from City. I'd think PSG was ready to pay Griezmann too.
It really is remarkable imo. Posted this a few pages back. I for one hope they can sustain their level of success while keeping their own talent.

This was the Marca cover from a few days ago about how tough it is to buy Atletico players now
laugh.gif

This summer Atletico's turned down 200m in offers from big clubs...
eek.gif
. Pretty cool to see them keeping their talent and sustaining the level of success they've had over the last few years,they recently locked up Griezmann through 2019. They're no longer really a "selling club" 
smokin.gif

Last edited:
CR7
Bale isco james
Modric kroos
Marcelo ramos varane danilo
Navas
Potential lineup if benzema is sold

Anybody watching NWSL Portland Thorns v Chicago Red Stars on FS1? Strictly watching for my Baes Press and Johnston :pimp:

That Liverpool-Stoke match was a real bore fest. Pool look really toothless in attack. As the way things stand now, that scrappy 1-0 win vs TOT looking real good now.

:\ looked good for man u to win, but that game was as boring if not more boring than the stoke - liverpool game

MEDICAL: Sky Sources - Xherdan Shaqiri having medical at Stokealona ahead of proposed move from Inter Milan #SSNHQ

Xherdan-Shaqiri.jpg

Last edited:
I knew he wasn't at the Brittania to watch 'Pool
laugh.gif
,hell of a move for them if he signs 

Also,anyone know anything about Lucas Biglia? Beats me why we're looking for another DM...

*Otamendi talks starting up again after Jones's injury

Last edited:
I really hope city land De Bruyne but rumor is like 46M...sooo much money

Coutinho....how does that little guy have such a cannon. What a strike
Was hoping everton would show better.
Arsenal had no edge.
Chelsea will be fine.

Excited for the game today just to see how City look

46m for KDB is a better deal than 50m for Raheem though :lol:.

I'm interested in seeing where these HurriKane rumours end up going.

Last edited:
I really hope city land De Bruyne but rumor is like 46M...sooo much money

Coutinho....how does that little guy have such a cannon. What a strike
Was hoping everton would show better.
Arsenal had no edge.
Chelsea will be fine.

Excited for the game today just to see how City look
I really hope they make the deal and i'm excited to see this team play as well.

De Bruyne and Sterling means I wont have to see J. Navas and Nasri on the pitch 
pimp.gif

J. Navas would have like one good cross every 20 attempts 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
So Aranguiz really didn`t want to go to Heggsy FC
laugh.gif
,he`s apparently signing with Bayer

Last edited:
Do City really need KDB? I mean we will get assessment today but I thought city needed holding mid and defensive help.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom