⛔️ {Thread is NOW CLOSED. New Football Thread, Link on Last Page.}⛔️

Should we start a new football thread?

• Yes... - Lets Start Fresh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah... - Lets Just Keep This Going

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Sorta want Isco to start over Benz though. But Benz def doesn't want to be a sub

AC Milan looks the same every year man lol they are just so blah

He's under contract but Lyon have said that he's looked uninterested and like he doesn't want to be there anymore so far this preseason so they say he's free to leave if the right offer comes along...

Rafa has emphatically ruled out selling Benz btw.

Can't say I blame him. That pre-season match against Arsenal was awful. Lyon were at 6's and 7's, looked like a semi pro team honestly...

Not sure if there is any truth to this, but apparently, the commentator in the Audi cup has mentioned during the Spurs vs AC Milan that Harry Kane is currently not in the squad because Manchester United has made a huge bid for him.

View media item 1659041

Last edited:
Not sure if there is any truth to this, but apparently, the commentator in the Audi cup has mentioned during the Spurs vs AC Milan that Harry Kane is currently not in the squad because Manchester United has made a huge bid for him.

Apparently, it's cause he played a full 90 against Real (btw that match was YESTERDAY), and they're resting him, not because of a bid from United.

Last edited:
Apparently, it's cause he played a full 90 against Real (btw that match was YESTERDAY), and they're resting him, not because of a bid from United.
I had to do a double-take when I saw that both games were scheduled for today...! 

Yeah, that's what I thought too. Which is why I thought it was weird that the commentator made i seemt like it was something else why he wasn't in the squad or at their bench.

I have read whispers about a prepared bid for HurriKane but apparently it would be only after Saturdays match. I'd prefer paying less for Laca than dropping around the same amount that PSG dropped for ADM on Hurrikane :\. That English tax :smh:

Last edited:
I have read whispers about a prepared bid for HurriKane but apparently it would be only after Saturdays match. I'd prefer paying less for Laca than dropping around the same amount that PSG dropped for ADM on Hurrikane :\. That English tax :smh:

Here's something I've wondered for approximately 65 seconds...

Is Laca going to come to a team and play from the bench happily? He's been the main man at Lyon.

Would Arsene drop Giroud for him?

Would he be happy playing second fiddle to the likes of a Rooney?

I figure he'd want to be the star man up front...where will he get that?

Last edited:
I feel like he probably wants a bigger club at this point in his career after breaking out. IIs he willing to sit on the bench for that to happen? I don't know but he's made it known that he's unsatisfied at OL. I'd like to think that Giroud would get dropped should they sign Laca :lol:

Sidenote:

@Jon_LeGossip : Angel Di Maria will finally be presented as a PSG player tomorrow evening at 18h30. Press conference officially confirmed by the club.

Last edited:
Here's something I've wondered for approximately 65 seconds...

Is Laca going to come to a team and play from the bench happily? He's been the main man at Lyon.

Would Arsene drop Giroud for him?

Would he be happy playing second fiddle to the likes of a Rooney?

I figure he'd want to be the star man up front...where will he get that?
Liverpool

Then again no Champions League :lol:

Last edited:
I watched a couple of Lyon games this summer, there is nothing I saw from Lacazette that made me think damn this dude is a player. I get that it's a small sample size but I don't see why he is rated that highly by you guys. Didn't he not score against the top 5 teams in France last season?

I feel like he probably wants a bigger club at this point in his career after breaking out. IIs he willing to sit on the bench for that to happen? I don't know but he's made it known that he's unsatisfied at OL. I'd like to think that Giroud would get dropped should they sign Laca
laugh.gif

Sidenote:
Giroud would start in front of Lacazette... It's all about team chemistry to Arsene at the moment, I wouldn't be surprised if Wenger signs nobody and rotates Giroud and Walcott at CF.

I watched a couple of Lyon games this summer, there is nothing I saw from Lacazette that made me think damn this dude is a player. I get that it's a small sample size but I don't see why he is rated that highly by you guys. Didn't he not score against the top 5 teams in France last season?

I have noticed his nack for drifting away in big games but I usually chalk it up to inexperience. A lot of the hype is centered around his potential as the next great French striker along with Griezmann.

you guys and the rest of the world need to stop poking fun of the chevy sponsor, we get it chevy is a stupid sponsor but the amount of money they're paying a year, you would personally stick a chevy logo on your chest too

Nah, we'll keep making fun of it. :lol: it's the price you pay for getting paid

Harry Kane to United? No ***** way, United aren't "City" or "Liverpool" type of stupid, they have a lot more sense.

Anybody care to have a go at a prediction for the season. My lack of knowledge of all clubs (especially newly promoted) isn't the greatest. All I'm hoping for is a top 10 finish for Palace (maybe better) and a fight for the title between the top four.

Back
Top Bottom