⛔️ {Thread is NOW CLOSED. New Football Thread, Link on Last Page.}⛔️

Should we start a new football thread?

• Yes... - Lets Start Fresh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah... - Lets Just Keep This Going

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Yeah I was wondering about the sizing of them since I knew last year they were skin tight.

I'd want to try it before I buy, but I have no idea where I could see one in person first

Sanchez, 88 La Liga apps and 39 goals

Pedro, 204 La Liga apps and 58 goals

They're very similar but Sanchez can and has carried and captained...he stands up and rises to the occasion. For me, Pedro not so much

Wow.... What a difference... This reminds me of people going wild over Rooney passing Henry on the premier league goal list.

And that should be celebrated, after all, this season is he first season in years where Wayne will actually be playing as a striker....Wayne hasn't been putting up the 30 a season numbers, but he's been scoring consistently all while playing CDM, CB and AM often in the same match.

Haven't checked on this thread in awhile..

So, if LVG is dumb enough to just *give* money away, with no consequences, fine. He has a somewhat bizarre outlook on what building a team means and just assumes that if he stacks enough above average players together they'll just bludgeon and destroy the competition with the sheer force of their combined talent.

Not how it works. 

So yeah, buy Pedro. Sid Lowe isn't convinced he's a very good fit for the PL. You have no idea how he'll fit into your team. But yeah, he's there. And LVG been given money. It will make *HIM* look pro-active.

I'm the same way in the chip aisle. Flamin' Hot Funyons? Sounds good! Don't know if I'll like them. Difference is theyre only $4 and I'm not a potentially mentally deranged older man.

Are we talking about the same man who built the foundation of the Bayern Munich we see today?
The one who was instrumental in the shaping of Barcelona?

This man overnight has rebuilt the foundation of United after gutting it apart to get rid of rotting dead weight. He's now adding solid pieces to the puzzle, knowing that next summer United will be in the position to sign marquee (without having to over pay) players in the same quality brackets as Hazard's and Reus' of the world. The mans reputation speaks for itself...

Last edited:

laugh.gif

19689857393_1c33a96936_o.gif

Last edited:
NEW EPL RULES:

1. Feigning injury to get opponent sent off

What is new? A player who feigns injury could face a suspension.

Scenario:

-Player A is sent off for violent conduct
-Dismissal overturned after the referee reviews the incident and sees that Player B had feigned injury
-Player B is open to a charge and could face a three-match ban

2. Code of conduct for technical area

What is new? A written code of conduct of what is expected of club staff in the technical area.

Scenario:

Manager kicks a bottle of water/waves imaginary yellow card/sarcastic clap.
-First step: Warned about his conduct
-Second step: Sent to the stand

Alternatively, incidents may be classed as "irresponsible" or "unacceptable" in the first instance, which would mean an immediate removal to the stand.
Premier League chief executive Richard Scudamore told BBC Sport: "A bit of the soap opera is good. Clearly, if it oversteps the mark and gets into the unedifying category it needs to be dealt with.

"You are going to see a graded approach. It is not going to stop some of the fun and games but hopefully it should stop some of the unedifying moments."

3. Surrounding Match Officials

What is new? Fewer players allowed to confront referee.

Scenario

-Two or more players approach the match official in a confrontational manner
-Club face charge if the incident is reported by the referee

Previously, the guideline was three or more players, but that has now been reduced.

4. Offside Law

What is new? The Premier League states: "A player in an offside position shall be penalised if he; 1. Clearly attempts to play a ball which is close to him when this action impacts on an opponent or; 2. Makes an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball."

_84686409_costaoffside_pl.jpg

This incident, with Diego Costa attempting to strike - but missing - the ball, would now be flagged offside. Last season it was not and Chelsea scored from the rebound

2 December 2014: Manchester United 2-1 Stoke. Juan Mata's ball into the box is narrowly missed by Marcos Rojo - in an offside position - but the goal is awarded as he did not touch the ball.
What would happen now?

_84682379_rojo1.jpg

There is a clear attempt to play the ball by Manchester United defender Marcos Rojo

_84682381_rojo2.jpg

Although no contact is made with the ball, it was close enough to Rojo to impact on an opponent, in this case goalkeeper Asmir Begovic

_84682383_mata1.jpg

United would not be celebrating the goal as it would now be flagged offside

Last edited:
I thought that "new" offside rule was always around. If you're offside and make a play on the ball the linesman is raising his flag no matter if you actually touch it or not.

The Mata rule :lol:

This would kind of solve my fears about the attack...:nerd:
who is in your avy?

but yes that front 3 is a lot better than the lineup this preaseason
what side does depay prefer?
pedro can play either wing and very good with both feet. i don't want to see him leave but if he does man u is a great club and i think he will do well there. 

Isabella Peschardt

He played on the left side at PSV but like Pedro,he says that he`s comfortable playing either on the right or in the middle.

Apparently his last game for Barca will be tonight against Roma and he might be signed in time to be at OT for saturday against Spurs. I agree,that front 3 is MUCH better than a front 2 with Memphis as a striker... :lol: :rolleyes

Last edited:
I thought that "new" offside rule was always around. If you're offside and make a play on the ball the linesman is raising his flag no matter if you actually touch it or not.

Yeah i thought this too. I thought "made a play for the ball" was always the rule.

Gregory was always much better going forward in attack than defense. Plus I think he had like 8-9 handballs last year

The only reason I can understand the Van der Wiel interest is that he`s another Dutch player that LVG coached :lol:. We already have Valencia in his role but I guess he`s not getting any younger. He just turned 30 yesterday.

Last edited:
He's under contract but Lyon have said that he's looked uninterested and like he doesn't want to be there anymore so far this preseason so they say he's free to leave if the right offer comes along...

Rafa has emphatically ruled out selling Benz btw.

Back
Top Bottom