⛔️ {Thread is NOW CLOSED. New Football Thread, Link on Last Page.}⛔️

Should we start a new football thread?

• Yes... - Lets Start Fresh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah... - Lets Just Keep This Going

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Serg isn't dependable though due to his injuries. I would rotate he & Bony. Maybe play Wilfred more the first half of the campaign & Serg the back half. You can't depend on Serg throughout a campaign...

Last edited:
looks like NT's favorite Freddy Adu is headed to the Tampa Bay NASL (US 2nd div) team.

A few MLS teams had nibbled but didn't bite.

Last edited:
Finally arrived...

CJu9wObVEAAIsfl.jpg

LVG treated my man RVP like he was Nani :lol: :smh:

Nah, as much as LVG loves RVP, fact is, both parties know LVG is moving to a 1 striker system. LVG will look to sign a Remy type of player as a backup for Rooney. RVP isn't the man for that job. Deserves to still have a big role somewhere.

The Nani comparison was in reference to the way he just disposed of both of them unceremoniously for peanuts without really giving them 2nd chances to come good again. Not gonna dwell on it too much but that just reinforces how ruthless LVG is and should be a stark warning to the rest of the squad that they could be sent packing in an instant of they slip up/dip in form. Roonehs gotta be looking over his shoulder this season :lol:

Last edited:
@PortuBall Porto have done well when doing business with Real Madrid.
Out: €39m for Danilo/Casemiro.
In: Casillas for €0m + Real paying part of wages.
:pimp:

:smokin

i wanna see how rodgers wastes the transfer fee now :lol:
This is so true :lol:

Under any other normal circumstance this transfer would be a huge steal and you'd be thrilled with having this much money at your disposal to acquire new talent............BUT when you give Brandon Rodgers truck loads of cash this dude goes out of his mind. I really hope he does well with the money tho, Liverpool need to return to the top one day.

As for City, they got the exact type of player they needed, team was terribly slow and need something on the wing. They just so happened to spend 30 million more than true value :lol:

I swear this "English Tax" some of you guys talk about is a complete embarrassment to the league. What Sterling and Luke Shaw (similar players as well) go for; the extra amount of money a team spends just because they happen to be young and English, will absolutely be mocked by every other football powerhouse.

As a Porto fan I find this incredibly stupid but mildly entertaining as well, the more these English teams keep paying for so/so talent the higher the transfer costs go up and the more leverage we have on our side of the table. Not to mention, England will continue to suck internationally. :lol:

Last edited:
@PortuBall Porto have done well when doing business with Real Madrid.
Out: €39m for Danilo/Casemiro.
In: Casillas for €0m + Real paying part of wages.
:pimp:

:smokin

i wanna see how rodgers wastes the transfer fee now :lol:
This is so true :lol:

Under any other normal circumstance this transfer would be a huge steal and you'd be thrilled with having this much money at your disposal to acquire new talent............BUT when you give Brandon Rodgers truck loads of cash this dude goes out of his mind. I really hope he does well with the money tho, Liverpool need to return to the top one day.

As for City, they got the exact type of player they needed, team was terribly slow and need something on the wing. They just so happened to spend 30 million more than true value :lol:

I swear this "English Tax" some of you guys talk about is a complete embarrassment to the league. What Sterling and Luke Shaw (similar players as well) go for; the extra amount of money a team spends just because they happen to be young and English, will absolutely be mocked by every other football powerhouse.

As a Porto fan I find this incredibly stupid but mildly entertaining as well, the more these English teams keep paying for so/so talent the higher the transfer costs go up and the more leverage we have on our side of the table. Not to mention, England will continue to suck internationally. :lol:

As much as the media isn't doing English players any justice. I also think English players need to get over themselves and their league. More young players need to go abroad and experience different playing styles, management and leagues. It's almost as if the entire English football world needs an overhaul. Everything from the managers (how do people like Harry Redknapp and Alan Curbishley continue to get hired?!?), players (there's more to life than going from the Championship to Premier League) and legislation (English player tax) should be reassessed.

Yeah Liverpool are probably going to drop the ball and sign a bunch of obscure signings, sighting things like depth instead of attempting to sign like for like and building on that.

As for Citeh, signing the Luxurious One is great and all, but he better come correct. I can imagine all of the comparisons to him and Memph Bleek next season, and I have a feeling who's going to come out on top in that battle. Also Citeh's work is far from over. Their squad is ancient and needs heavy overhauling. They gotta lot of work cut out for them, and this summer is going to be crucial for them.

Last edited:
Darn it. I hoped Chelsea got Sterling. Congratulations to City. 49 mill is pretty much a lot. At least, it isnt David Luiz. :lol:

BREAKING NEWS: Sky Sources - Peter Schmeichel applies for manager's job at @HEGGSY #SSNHQ 

Back
Top Bottom