∞True Detective Season 1 Thread ***CLOSED***∞

Once again my whole entire point behind focusing on Rust actions was to showcase WHY THE DETECTIVES would think he's the murderer i never stated that he was just that his character has attributes that made him seem like a viable suspect. It was nothing other than a simple character observation.

On the last page you asked me how he can be ruled out after episode 7...

Now you are back tracking; your whole point was to prove it's still plausible which it's not

Marty or Rust being the Yellow King or involved is some Saw type non sense not a show that is extremely well done such as True Detective.

Did we ever find out what's the significance of the animal masks, going on horseback, the deer antlers, blindfolding.
Were these things borrowed from a real cult or were they entirely made up by Pizzolatto
Borrowed from real cults and other authors who right horror macabre stories. In some fantasy they actually have animal heads.
I really wanted to see what was on the tape.

WHy dude? What was shown was graphic enough, you can guess what happened next.
I said why several times now. I'm not gonna slow down for you to catch up.

Breaking bad was great...but that fantasy drug dealing **** kinda annoyed me...you don't catch breaks like that :lol:

Still a great series though ...in my top 5 as far as series that I have watched start to finish

On the last page you asked me how he can be ruled out after episode 7...

Now you are back tracking; your whole point was to prove it's still plausible which it's not

Marty or Rust being the Yellow King or involved is some Saw type non sense not a show that is extremely well done such as True Detective.

My initial post was something that had absolutely nothing to do with the killer & was an observation on how Rust contains several characteristics of a murderer. you assumed i was calling him the yellow king.

secondly i simply asked you what moment confirmed to YOU that Marty/Rust were/weren't innocent. Under none of my post did i make a conclusion or create a theory about the ending of the show or any twist... I spoke on Rust's behavior and that is all.

and i would love to get more on Marty's relationship with both of his daughters, outside of the obvious cheating on their mother why are they both so distant and hesitant of him. They are playing the gothic/ wild child role with the elder daughter but why does the youngest also seem to have a grudge about it?
Because he cheated on their mother multiple times and was never around.  And whenever we did see him play the fatherly role he's either chastising the older daughter for being sexual or he's fighting with with their grandparents.  He's not exactly father of the year.

People have complexes about their parents for less.  There's a reason "daddy issues" is a very real thing.

I'm not gonna be surprised if something happened to Audrey or one of her friends though.

Last edited:
Marty's daughter being a victim of the cult and the grandfather being involved has been set up all season is looking more likely.

But I kinda hope they don't go there. It's a little too on the nose and obvious. Marty ranting bout the detectives course, her drawings of swirls and flowers and stars and the crown and the dolls and refusing to talk to the grandfather etc. Like ok we get it.

The twist would be if that doesn't turn out to be the case.

My fear is that without a good twist/cliffhanger, it's just gonna be a cliche ending. They go in, they encounter some weirdos, kill them off. One of them sacrifices himself, or both make it out and there's the corny "get stitched up at the ambulance outside" ending.

However I would bet neither Rust or Marty die. The show has been about them as characters, studying their behavior and development. Killing them would be almost a cop out.

Last edited:
Figment of someone's imagination? Any updates/insight on why the mural in the children's mental institution was the same as the picture drawn by Marty's daughter?

I wouldn't be mad if there was/wasn't a twist. The story-telling has been gripping all season.

Last edited:
I think Pizzolatto & Fukunaga have done a great job of putting all these red herrings in each episode to generate fan banter on "the internets" like this thread. Even making use of the name Austin Farrer.

Unless they tie everything together this Sunday, I think they did a lot of stuff just for dramatic effect & create chatter...

So I paused episode 8's trailer when the sniper is lined up

This looks like the Sheriff and that's his Maserati I believe; I'm wondering if they strike an agreement for him to go in and get some kind of info
View media item 839489

I think the real question is did Rust get his tail light repaired?

5iXk8vI.jpg

Last edited:
I'm thinking that the very first scene of the show is going to end up being chronologically at the end of the story.

I'm going to be bummed when the end credits start rolling... :rolleyes

Hope T-Bone picks a good song to go out to...

I'm thinking that the very first scene of the show is going to end up being chronologically at the end of the story.

I do too

all you see is someone carrying someone out and then fire burning

this could easily be the ending

Arguing just to argue like someone said before :lol:

I feel like this season should have been 10 episodes. Or maybe I'm feeling that way because Rust and Marty are done and I don't want to say goodbye.

#TEAMRUST

apparently the guy who plays Errol's audition tape was taken off Youtube because it has a big spoiler in it

apparently the guy who plays Errol's audition tape was taken off Youtube because it has a big spoiler in it
It wasn't him... Some other dude auditioning but there was lines from ep. 8...

Dude that was in the tape was like kinda big and swoll... not a fatass like the Erroll we know. 
laugh.gif

Yea i think the story they have written could easily be turned into 10 Episodes but hopefully they do a good job weaving what is left together. I thought the dynamic with Marty and the young chick was pretty interesting considering his feelings on her at the rance... then eventually smashing her, even though she's clearly of age that had to be running through his mind at some point.

It wasn't him... Some other dude auditioning but there was lines from ep. 8...

Dude that was in the tape was like kinda big and swoll... not a fatass like the Erroll we know. :lol:

ahhh ok

man I've never been so obsessed with a show; I feel like Rust working the case to figure this out :lol:

Back
Top Bottom