*★*Official Chicago Bears 2009-2010 Thread(4-4)*★* week 10 @49ers

Originally Posted by JPZx

Originally Posted by arstyle27

JPZ....you my boy, but you're talking a bit wreckless. Be easy, and worry about your own club.
Yeah, yeah I know. Coming into a Bears thread to talk smack about the Bears probably wasn't a good move in the first place...

You're about the only open-minded Bears fan on here though dude, these others guys....
grin.gif

I do it on a regular basis in the Knick thread
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

JPZ....you my boy, but you're talking a bit wreckless. Be easy, and worry about your own club.
Yeah, yeah I know. Coming into a Bears thread to talk smack about the Bears probably wasn't a good move in the first place...

You're about the only open-minded Bears fan on here though dude, these others guys....
grin.gif

laugh.gif
yes, you do
mad.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
at using a second round pick on a guy to return kicks. GOAT

still waiting to here how that is dumb/laughable , that season Hester WAS our only scoring option and we made the superbowl didnt we?
nerd.gif

and the points made about the WRs are leaguable. JPZ you claim that Marshall is good enough that he doesnt need a good QB to be good, but how in the world canyou say that if he has never player without cutler and was never a factor until Cutler got there? QBs > WRs and that is why Bears > Vikes right now.Marshall wasnt good until he had Cutler and maybe that'll be the same for our inexperienced WRs. And btw Steve Smith started out JUST a KR and look at HIMnow...

i gotta run but Illmatic
pimp.gif
hold it down Bears fans

Originally Posted by CasperJr

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

We were 2 missed field goals from winning the division, not like you guys ran away with it. Its wide open this year.
and we was a few mins away from runing away with the div ............if you didnt get it its always something with every team that didnt do good
but that shouldnt matter when talking about the north or whatever. He cant talk cause the Vikings only have a slightly better WR core? Like thathas to do with anything. because just because the packers have a better WR core, doesnt make any my argument more valid or not. im just saying

Originally Posted by THE GR8

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

grin.gif

laugh.gif
yes, you do
mad.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
at using a second round pick on a guy to return kicks. GOAT
still waiting to here how that is dumb/laughable , that season Hester WAS our only scoring option and we made the superbowl didnt we?
nerd.gif

and the points made about the WRs are leaguable. JPZ you claim that Marshall is good enough that he doesnt need a good QB to be good, but how in the world can you say that if he has never player without cutler and was never a factor until Cutler got there? QBs > WRs and that is why Bears > Vikes right now. Marshall wasnt good until he had Cutler and maybe that'll be the same for our inexperienced WRs. And btw Steve Smith started out JUST a KR and look at HIM now...

i gotta run but Illmatic
pimp.gif
hold it down Bears fans

Of course. Every other football thread on this forum is about the 49ers/Raiders/Cowboys/any bandwagon team...Bears are the most unappreciatedfranchise in the NFL. Wouldn't be anything without this man:

halas44_1.jpg

Originally Posted by illmatic34

Shall I create a NFC North Trash Talk thread?
pimp.gif
It'd be more like a "Packers/Bears/Vikings" Trash Talk thread
laugh.gif

id have to respect any lions fan that could stick it out in there the whole year
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

Shall I create a NFC North Trash Talk thread?
pimp.gif
It'd be more like a "Packers/Bears/Vikings" Trash Talk thread
laugh.gif

id have to respect any lions fan that could stick it out in there the whole year
laugh.gif

I didn't know there were any left after that 0-16 season
roll.gif

roll.gif

that makes being a Knicks fan look easy
sick.gif
laugh.gif

and btw forgot to mention but the **%! did Cutler do to his hair??
eek.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
sick.gif
laugh.gif

and btw forgot to mention but the **%! did Cutler do to his hair??
eek.gif
laugh.gif

I have no idea. Dude looks like someone out the Brady Bunch

Originally Posted by The Wizard

hows my boy DJ looking out there?

I've only heard one report from him and it was pretty positive. I think this guy can replace Vasher

Anyone who thinks this is the same Bears team as in years past doesn't have their head on straight.

I was the first one to say that Angelo was a moron for not bringing in ANY recievers to compliment Jay, but you know what, ima have a little bit of faith. Ihonestly believe in my cold heart that Hester and Bennett will step up significantly. Do i go into the season seeing a 1,000 yrd reciever on this Bearsteam?...no, but I see a crew that will be solid enough to move the ball down field. Let's not forget that Matt Forte, Olsen, and Clark will get a lot oflooks from Jay.

The Vikes and Packers have good enough squads to win the div. Both teams have their strong points as well as their deficiencies, just like the Bears. Maindifference I see, is that the Bears are counting on the players they have now to improve and take drastic steps. Might very well happen, may not, but theseplayers have talent, it's just a matter of it being enough to succeed in the NFL.

I'm excited like I've never been, and for that I'm thankful.

Game on gentlemen.

roll.gif
sick.gif
laugh.gif

Thats some real
9321564f7e8555a2e0954efbe680638a02fd4f7.gif
right there
laugh.gif

I don't even have it in my heart to talk about them G... No fan should ever experience that, except a Knick fan of course and be awarded the 9th pick inthe lottery
pimp.gif
, What lion's fans went through... thats just all the way past @$%!!% up Barry is probably snickering disgustedly
tired.gif

News and notes

Forte, Hester looking better in camp

August 3, 2009, 4:07 PM

By: Jeff Dickerson

[+] Enlarge

AP Photo/Nam Y. Huh

Earl Bennett's health status is worth watching this summer.
The sight of Earl Bennett struggling to get up would hardly have created astir at last season's training camp. Not this summer. The media rushed over to Bennett after Monday's practice to check on the receiver, who came up alittle slow after getting tangled up going for a deep pass near the goal line. "I'm okay, I just got the wind knocked out of me, I'm good,"Bennett chuckled. Matt Forte was in good spirits Monday afternoon, as he sawconsiderably more time during team drills. The Bears are playing it safe with their star running back, for obvious reasons, but Forte touched the ball onnumerous occasions during the third consecutive practice in pads. "You just kind of got to fight it," Forte said. "You want the ball all thetime, but you know it's a long season, and you have to last the whole season. You can be effective in the first five games, but if you're not effectivein November and December, that's when it really counts." Elsewhere on the injury front, Lance Briggs and HunterHillenmeyer both returned to practice after sitting out Sunday with "soreness," while Marcus Harrison continues to try to work his way off the non-football injury list."He's getting close," Bears' head coach Lovie Smith said. "You guys have seen him off to the side working out. I'll just sayhe'll be back soon." Other news and notes:
•Johnny Knox as a gunner? Although the former Abilene-Christian star playedsparingly on special teams in college, the rookie may be called on immediately to contribute on the third phase. "Coming to the next level, that's abig thing, playing special teams to make the team," Knox said. "I'm learning a few positions that I haven't played before, so I'm tryingto get the hang of it. I've always wanted to [play gunner on special teams], but I never got a chance, so I'm going to get a look at that spotnow."
•Veteran offensive lineman Orlando Pace likes what he has seen from fellow tackleChris Williams. "I think he's ready," Pace said. "He wants to begood, so I think that's the best start for an offensive lineman."
•Right guard Roberto Garza slimmed down this offseason, dropping 10-12 pounds.•Devin Hester bounced back from a mediocre start to camp by consistently hanging onto the football Monday. He had a few drops over the weekend.
•Quarterback Brett Basanez took reps with the second team. Caleb Hanie still is entrenched as the backup behind Jay Cutler.
•Trumaine McBride and Rashied Davis got into a small scuffle.
•Cutler was off a little on his throws, but rebounded nicely during the two-minute drill.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]BEARS IN BRIEF: Staff keeping tabs on Forte's minutes[/h1]
Comments

August 4, 2009

BY BRAD BIGGS [email protected]

BOURBONNAIS, Ill. -- In case you were wondering how Matt Forte feels, the running back spelled it out after practice Monday.

''One, zero, zero,'' Forte said. ''One hundred percent.''

RELATED STORIES
A prolong story

Forte was held out of the inside run drill, leaving Kevin Jones and Garrett Wolfe to get the bulk of the work for the third consecutive day. Offensive coordinator Ron Turner said the coaching staff wants to monitor Forte, who suffered a pulled hamstring during organized team activities nearly two months ago. But Forte looked fine in 11-on-11 drills and insists there is no issue.

''You don't want to kill everybody in camp,'' he said. ''You see other guys take off, too. I do what the coaches tell me to do.''

Forte was on the field for 84 percent of the Bears' offensive snaps last season. The plan is to lighten his workload this season. He has carried a heavy workload the last two seasons, getting 379 touches on offense last season and 393 the year before as a senior at Tulane.

''It wasn't any big deal to me,'' he said.

Beltin' Henry Melton

The Bears are the franchise that made a defensive tackle famous by lining him up as a fullback in the backfield, so how about a defensive end at kick returner?

Say what?

Rookie Henry Melton took the final rep during kickoff-return work Monday, motoring upfield looking a little like New York Giants running back Brandon Jacobs.

Melton, who is listed at 6-3, 260 pounds, is down to about 255 after losing 10 since OTAs. He is used to carrying the ball after starting at Texas as a running back and fullback. Special-teams coordinator Dave Toub said he's tinkering with the idea of giving Melton a shot during the preseason.

''We'll just see how he looks,'' Toub said. ''It's not foreign to him having the ball in his hands, and he runs a 4.6.''

Melton is taking the opportunity seriously. He's out catching kickoffs before practice every day.

''If he throws me back there during the game,'' Melton said, ''I told him I was going to take it to the house for him.''

The more likely spot for Melton might be on the wedge, where he could handle some short kicks if teams are trying to avoid Danieal Manning.

Tackling the issue

Coach Lovie Smith said defensive tackle Marcus Harrison could return from the non-football injury list soon.

Harrison has missed four days of practice as he works to drop weight and reduce his body-fat percentage. Harrison said he hopes to be cleared by Saturday.

''I would've liked for him to have been able to practice the first day,'' Smith said. ''Every day he misses, of course, it's hurting him because there's great competition at the nose guard position in Dusty Dvoracek and Anthony Adams. I'm not worried a whole lot about him not being on the field. Our team has to move on.''

Extra points

Lance Briggs, Hunter Hillenmeyer and Matt Toeaina all returned to practice after missing a day.

• • If you're keeping a left guard watch, Josh Beekman was there again. One backup lineman who has looked good has been Tyler Reed, who has been particularly strong in one-on-one drills with the defensive linemen.

• • Back at weak side with the second team, Jamar Williams stood out in the inside run drill, and Hillenmeyer laid a pop on Garrett Wolfe.

• • In another linebacker development, Nick Roach shared time with Pisa Tinoisamoa on the first team.

• • Brett Basanez worked with the second team for the second consecutive day, but Lovie Smith said Caleb Hanie remains the No. 2 and it's just to even out reps.

this is the one that was a lil o_O
Bears avoid disaster when players in back of 4 wheeler being taken to dining hall nearly spill out of back.
i dont know who was on there but come on now yall
smh.gif

http://espn.go.com/chicago/columns/blog?post=4376371&name=dickerson
As expected

It's no surprise to see Olsen running with the first team

August 4, 2009, 11:50 AM

[+] Enlarge

AP Photo/Nam Y. Huh

The Bears are hoping Greg Olsen creates mismatches with his speed and size.
It's no surprise to see tight end Greg Olsen running with the first-team offense. As we wrote on April 6:
"Although Lovie Smith never made any official announcement at the team's mini-camp back in March, Olsen is now the Bears' No. 1 tight end, moving past Desmond Clark on the depth chart. The move is not unexpected even though Clark signed a two-year extension before last season and is under contract through 2010.

"I'm told the decision has nothing to do with Clark's play, which has been solid, rather the coaching staff's desire for Olsen to take that next step. Throw Cutler into the mix, and the Bears offense can finally start connecting with Olsen on some big plays down the field, since his speed and size makes him a mismatch for most linebackers and defensive backs in pass coverage. "

Clark officially was informed of the decision the day before the team kicked off veteran mini-camp -- back in the B.C. (Before Cutler) era. Like David Haugh wrote in today's Tribune, Clark handled the news with class and dignity. In fact, Clark was told this transition would eventually occur before he signed his extension in 2008.

The fascinating part isn't the changing of the guard at tight end, it's that Clark never complained publicly about the quasi-demotion. He must still be learning how to use Twitter.

• Agent Markeeth Taylor confirmed early Tuesday morning that the Bears claimed OG Maurice Miller off waivers. The move was first reported by scout.com.

really dont know how to feel about this but we all knew it was coming as long as he blocks for forte im cool with it
pimp.gif

PACE FEELING REINVIGORATED WITH BEARS (9:06 a.m. ET)
chi.gif
At 33, Orlando Pace says he feels rejuvenated after signing with the Chicago Bears and believes he can regain the form that led to seven Pro Bowl selections with theSt. Louis Rams before he was limited by injuries.

By adding quarterback Jay Cutler and Pace to a mix that already included asix-time Pro Bowl center in Olin Kreutz, along with promising young players such asMatt Forte and tight end Greg Olsen, the Bears believe an offense that ranked 26th last season will be moreproductive.

While Pace believes that he can flash his old form as long as he stays healthy, he also sees himself as just an addition, a player trying to fit in. On theBears' line, Kreutz is the dominant personality, and that's fine with Pace.

"All I do is laugh, because this guy, he keeps it going man," Pace said. "I always enjoy being around him. He always has something to say, asyou guys probably know, so he's just fun to be around."

Originally Posted by bijald0331

damn i cannot wait for this season to get started

Agreed. Maybe I have high hopes but maybe Cutler/Olsen can be equal to Romo/Witten...I can dream, can't I?

Originally Posted by bijald0331

damn i cannot wait for this season to get started

Agreed. Maybe I have high hopes but maybe Cutler/Olsen can be equal > to Romo/Witten...I can dream, can't I?
fixed
pimp.gif

http://espn.go.com/chicago/columns/blog?post=4377786&name=dickerson
Tuesday's news and notes

Harrison happy to be back with Bears

August 4, 2009, 7:01 PM

"Look at those fresh legs," screamed Alex Brown during individual defensive line drills.

The target of Brown's hazing was defensive tackle Marcus Harrison, who was activated off the non-football injury list and practiced Tuesday for the first time this camp. Harrison looked rusty going through defensive line coach Rod Marinelli's grueling workout, even falling down once or twice, but just getting back on the field was a sign of progress.

"It felt real good to be out there with the guys," Harrison said. "It was kind of odd that today was the hottest day of camp, but it was real good."

Since reporting to camp, Harrison's routine has consisted of getting up early, working out and "not much eating." He declined to list his exact weight, but thanked the media for their help by prolonging his post-practice interview session.

"I don't know [how much weight was lost], I think it's dropping as we speak," Harrison snickered.

On a serious note, Harrison talked about his mother's recent battle with cancer in early July-- one of the two off-the-field issues that may have affected the defensive tackle's conditioning.

"She had to have a hysterectomy," said Harrison. "Thank God it was just tumors, so she was just able to have the hysterectomy and get it over with. I was at the house with her [in Arkansas], but she was already on me that I needed to come back up to Chicago. So I did. But everything is fine now."

You learn quickly in the NFL that everybody has problems, but professional football players must find a way to block that stuff out and still perform at a high level. It's a tough balancing act, which Harrison now knows all too well.

"What I learned, you got to understand that this is a business," said Harrison. "Even though you have problems off the field, when it's time to come to work, you have to come to work."

Other news and notes:

• Things got chippy Tuesday. Guard Tyler Reed had a dust-up with defensive end Mark Anderson during line drills. Later, cornerback Zack Bowman squared off with receiver Earl Bennett near the goal line.

• "It's just a matter of time before tempers flare up a little bit," head coach Lovie Smith said. "No damage done. I tell guys if you get into a fight, just fight like you would fight your brother and go from there."
  • Bowman continues to make the most of his opportunity. The cornerback picked off a Jay Cutler pass in the back of the end zone.
  • Linebacker Brian Urlacher leapt in the air and intercepted an errant Jay Cutler throw during 7-on-7 drills.
  • Overall, Cutler was on fire, zipping in a fastball to tight end Greg Olsen in a red zone drill.
  • The Bears broke out the Wildcat or "'Cane" formation with receiver Devin Hester attempting a pass that fell short and incomplete. Hester also took a pitch from Cutler out of an option-like formation.
  • Cornerback Nathan Vasher got beat deep by Hester and Bennett.
  • The Bears waived OG Maurice Miller after claiming him on waivers. The roster still stands at 78.
  • Marinelli officially calls the defensive linemen "rush men." He even had the label changed on the bag of practice footballs to read "rush men."

tellin somebody to fight somebody like they yo brother isnt smart cuz me and my bro fight like we dont know each other........im just saying
laugh.gif

zach looking like he want to be on the feild starting at corner back
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

It's probably best to just change the title to "2009" season thread.

Why? We will definitely be continue playing for this season in 2010. Might even make the 2nd month in 2010 if we overachieve.

Back
Top Bottom