*★*Official Chicago Bears 2009-2010 Thread(4-4)*★* week 10 @49ers

Why? We will definitely be continue playing for this season in 2010. Might even make the 2nd month in 2010 if we overachieve.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

http://espn.go.com/chicago/columns/blog?post=4379676&name=dickerson
Secondary suffering

Teammates hoping Bowman recovers quickly

August 5, 2009, 4:23 PM

By: Jeff Dickerson

Wednesday marked the first significant on-field injury of this training camp as cornerback Zack Bowman suffered a hamstring strain while attempting to break up a pass during a 7-on-7 drill.

Head coach Lovie Smith declined to offer up any timetable for Bowman's return, simply labeling the player day-to-day.

"I don't think it was a real bad pull or anything like that," Smith said. "He should be back in time."

Easily one of biggest standouts in Bourbonnais, Bowman has unfortunately been plagued by injuries in the past. He dealt with a variety of health issues during his collegiate days at Nebraska, and was placed on injured reserve last season after appearing in only one game.

"His history wasn't with a hamstring back in college; he had some other things," Smith said. "When you're running hard and practicing hard, especially with the skill guys, these things happen. We've had hamstring pulls around here just about every year we've been here. So one isn't all bad."

No doubt Bowman's fellow defenders are hoping for a speedy recovery.

"Bowman is what we call a beast," said teammate Nick Roach. "He's big, athletic, he's physical, he's fast and most of all, he makes plays when he has the opportunity. The coaches obviously feel very comfortable with him in there and we all have seen what he's done. Bowman is the real deal."

With both Bowman and Charles Tillman on the shelf, Trumaine McBride took the reps with the first team during the second half of practice. Smith said McBride, .J. Moore and Woodny Turenne should see increased action, as should Corey Graham, whom the head coach failed to mention.

Other news and notes:

• Hunter Hillenmeyer was held out with "calf soreness."
  • Jamar Williams and Kevin Shaffer exchanged some words after a play.
  • Earl Bennett continued to impress, catching virtually everything thrown his way.
  • Roach continued to get his fair share of time with the first team at strongside linebacker.
  • The Bears worked out in full pads for the fifth consecutive day.

damn and he had been doing do good
tired.gif
lets hope its nothing

Originally Posted by JPZx

Why? We will definitely be continue playing for this season in 2010. Might even make the 2nd month in 2010 if we overachieve.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

why
roll.gif
? low key i was going to say the same thing its not like we the lions

and from my understanding the football season runs from one year too the next so why dumb it down for NT?

The Bears first game in 2010 will be their opening pre-season game that August.

Originally Posted by you big dummy

Devin Hester will only return punts, no kickoffs this season

nerd.gif

Manning is doing a decent job, plus with him being a WR full time now, you don't want to risk him getting hurt.

Yeh but you could argue the same about him returning punts. I hope this adjustment will allow him to explode this year as a WR and still be a threat returningpunts.

I will probably still put him back there on Madden though.

if you look at if at the end of last year he wasnt doing kickoffs

• Mark Anderson and Chris Williams squared off during a full team drill. Other players, notably Desmond Clark, stepped in to break up the fight. Williams appeared to take a cheap shot at Anderson a few plays before the fracas broke out.
    "It's all love," said Anderson after practice. "At the end of the day we're still brothers, just a little brotherly love, you know a little head tap here and there. But it's all love."
  • Rookie Al Afalava intercepted a pass during red zone 7-on-7.
  • Danieal Manning and Kevin Payne were back at safety.
  • Jamar Williams got more work at strong-side linebacker.
  • Bears practiced in full pads for seventh consecutive day.
  • Ladies in the stands erupted after a Jason McKie reception out of the backfield. Must be family.

seem like everyday theres a day fight

laugh.gif
roll.gif
@ the last point

[h1][/h1]
[h1]One position for Knox[/h1] [h3]Team keeping eye open for backup QB[/h3]
Comments

August 10, 2009

By Brad Biggs Sun-Times News Group

BOURBONNAIS -- If Johnny Knox does not get on the field this season, it will not be because he has too much on his plate.

The speedster and fifth-round draft pick is being worked exclusively at the X position behind Earl Bennett with an eye toward having him contribute early this season.

One of the explanations given for Bennett's slow development a year ago was that he was being forced to learn both outside positions and the slot, and that is a burden for any newcomer. Knox is staying put with the thinking that he can be a threat for quarterback Jay Cutler from the start.

''We want Johnny to get Johnny on the field and we don't want him to not be on the field because he doesn't know the system,'' offensive coordinator Ron Turner said.

It's what the Bears did with Devin Hester when they first moved him to offense. Eventually, the other positions will come for Knox. Meanwhile, third-round pick Juaquin Iglesias is at the Z behind Hester and is also getting time at the inside slot. He earned praise last week but also had a few drops. It's a work in progress for the position.

''It takes time,'' Knox said. "I'm glad they just have me at one position right now because it's tough as it is. It's going pretty fast. It's a lot different from minicamp and training camp, you know, there is a lot more to put in. It's look good so far. I feel confident.''

Backup plan?
The Bears were interested in bringing in quarterback Andrew Walter last week according to Mike Lombardi of the National Football Post. Walter signed with New England after he was released by Oakland, and a source said that the Bears at least wanted to have Walter in camp for a look. Walter also turned down Jacksonville. Caleb Hanie is in position as the No. 2 right now and he did not get experience as a rookie last season. Brett Basanez attempted 11 passes in Carolina in 2006. The Bears have stated all along that they are comfortable with their depth chart as it's constructed but this is a sign that the team is closely monitoring what is available.
Tommie boy
Defensive tackle Tommie Harris will be back at work in practice today, according to Lovie Smith. Harris has been used sparingly in the last week. In the past, he's been held out of preseason games on artificial surfaces and if that's an indicator of the future, he could sit Saturday at Buffalo's Ralph Wilson Stadium, which has an AstroPlay field.
Stacking 'em up
The Bears will release their first depth chart of the summer today. Although it doesn't mean anything, it might provide a glimpse of what the rotations will look like at Buffalo. Bears notebook
if somebody find the depth chart before me post it

The Bears first game in 2010 will be their opening pre-season game that August.

he's a supporter of minnesota teams fellas, let the idiot be...

on another note, hester lookin realllly good in training camp.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfcnorth/0-13-66/Bears--Harris-admits-to-March-surgery.html
Bears' Harris admits to March surgery

August 10, 2009 3:42 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Kevin Seifert

BOURBONNAIS, Ill. -- Greetings from Olivet Nazarene University, where I quite literally stumbled into a newsy day in my first hours at Chicago's training camp.

I'll get you the basics before coming back with a follow-up: Bears defensive tackle Tommie Harris had been targeted to return to full-contact practice Monday, but instead watched everything while wearing full pads. Afterwards, Harris admitted for the first time that he had a second surgery on his left knee in March to address scar tissue that had been bothering him.

That helps explain why Harris sat out most of the Bears' offseason program. It doesn't totally explain why he hasn't done much in training camp. Harris said Monday that his hamstring is sore, while coach Lovie Smith said the knee had developed soreness. As we have noted multiple times, Harris is a key to any resurgence the Bears' defense might accomplish this season.

More in a bit.

!$@! man damn this the type of !%@$ im talkin about i knew it was a problem when he wasnt doing contact drills and sitting outalot i didnt know it was this but damn.............well atleast it isnt worse
ohwell.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by CasperJr

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfcnorth/0-13-66/Bears--Harris-admits-to-March-surgery.html
Bears' Harris admits to March surgery

August 10, 2009 3:42 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Kevin Seifert

BOURBONNAIS, Ill. -- Greetings from Olivet Nazarene University, where I quite literally stumbled into a newsy day in my first hours at Chicago's training camp.

I'll get you the basics before coming back with a follow-up: Bears defensive tackle Tommie Harris had been targeted to return to full-contact practice Monday, but instead watched everything while wearing full pads. Afterwards, Harris admitted for the first time that he had a second surgery on his left knee in March to address scar tissue that had been bothering him.

That helps explain why Harris sat out most of the Bears' offseason program. It doesn't totally explain why he hasn't done much in training camp. Harris said Monday that his hamstring is sore, while coach Lovie Smith said the knee had developed soreness. As we have noted multiple times, Harris is a key to any resurgence the Bears' defense might accomplish this season.

More in a bit.
!$@! man damn this the type of !%@$ im talkin about i knew it was a problem when he wasnt doing contact drills and sitting out alot i didnt know it was this but damn.............well atleast it isnt worse
ohwell.gif
tired.gif

Harris is the main reason our D hasnt been doing as well since our SB run. He really hasnt had a full healthy season since than (even than he gotinjured late) he needs to step in and do his thing because he is so valuable for a succesful 4-3 defense especially in the cover 2 where there isnt alot ofpressure. He needs to be able to stop the run through the middle and use his quick bursts to put some pressure on the QB in the middle. I hope he can start theseason at full health.

Thta makes me feel even worse about the defense. Hopefully they are just being extra careful with him and it isnt that big of a deal. Although it sounds like abig deal.

heres another thing id like to know if the rumors are true that green bay are looking to sign vick wouldnt it me smart for us to take a look at him too ireally would hate to see vick with the packers
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

vick with hester forte jones and olsen in the wild cat =
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by CasperJr

heres another thing id like to know if the rumors are true that green bay are looking to sign vick wouldnt it me smart for us to take a look at him too i really would hate to see vick with the packers
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

vick with hester forte jones and olsen in the wild cat =
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
me too cause i already vowed that any team that signs Vick will automatically become my 2nd fav team.. that wouldnt be good would it?
sick.gif
laugh.gif

Here are a few other observations from Day 1 at Bears camp:
  • I spent a decent amount of time watching pass rush/pass protection drills between the offensive and defensive lines. To little surprise, left tackle Orlando Pace was dominating. When he's healthy, no one can get around him. On the other side, I was also impressed with right tackle Chris Williams. He stopped Israel Idonije in his tracks and engulfed him on one play. Williams followed it up by doing the same to Mark Anderson on another. Last year's top draft choice looked quick and fundamentally sound to me.
  • I won't pile on the Jay Cutler bandwagon -- too much. But I did see him throw at least one pass that makes you realize why the Bears paid so handsomely for him. During a team drill late in practice, receiver Devin Aromashodu had perhaps a quarter-step on cornerback Corey Graham as they sprinted down the right sideline. Cutler tossed the ball with perfect loft and distance, and Aromashodu caught it in full stride despite Graham being in pretty decent position. The pass was Exhibit A for how a really good quarterback can make receivers better. Cutler made the play work with only the slightest bit of separation.
  • I got lost trying to keep up with the variations of defensive backs the Bears rotated in an out of the first team. With cornerbacks Charles Tillman (back) and Zack Bowman (hamstring) out, Trumaine McBride and Graham appeared to be rotating opposite Nate Vasher. Danieal Manning seemed to be the nickel back, when Afalava replaced him opposite Kevin Payne. I think. What that all means is the Bears secondary remains significantly unsettled with the first preseason game approaching.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/columns/blog?post=4389943&name=dickerson
Notes from Monday's practice

Afalava continuing climb up depth chart

August 10, 2009, 4:28 PM

By: Jeff Dickerson

Even before Tommie Harris dropped the surgery bombshell, Monday's practice was full of interesting twists and turns.

[+] Enlarge

Warren Wimmer/Icon SMI

Rookie safety Al Afalava has been impressive, and got some work with the first team on Monday.
For example, rookie Al Afalava continues his climb up the depth chart, working as the first team free safety in the nickel package. Nothing is official, but Afalava is certainly pushing fellow safety Craig Steltz for playing time.
"I'm probably a little step behind," admitted Afalava. "But, I've been studying my playbook every night. It's just a matter of eliminating mental errors so I can be able to go out there and play fast."

"He's making plays," head coach Lovie Smith said. "A lot of times when rookies come in, especially in the secondary, they're quiet. He has a little bit of confidence -- he talks because he knows what's going on. He has good skills, good size, good quickness, good raw speed, and his strong suit is hitting. That's one thing we haven't gotten a chance to see, but hopefully in this game [Saturday at Buffalo] we'll get to see our defensive backs tackle."

Afalava is still making up for lost time -- he was forced to miss the bulk of the offseason program because Oregon State is on the quarters system.

"Gil Byrd [assistant defensive backs coach/safeties] helps me out a lot," said Afalava. "There's a lot of knowledge with Gil. Somebody that was in the league for 10 years and made two Pro Bowls, just learning from a guy like him is a great opportunity."

Other news and notes:

• Jamar Williams (left shoulder), Fontel Mines (knee strain) were injured during practice. Mines had to be carted off the field, while Williams walked off with a trainer.
  • Corner back Zack Bowman was dressed in full pads, but Smith said Bowman was "a few days away" from returning to action.
  • Receiver Devin Aromashodu continued to impress with several nice grabs.
  • Running back Matt Forte looked fresh after some time off.
  • The Bears worked on their goal-line package at the end of practice.
  • A bundled up Charles Tillman briskly walking around the practice field. Tillman trying to sweat off some pounds since he's still limited after back surgery.

couldnt find the depth chart can one of yall help me out i know it dont mean much but it could still give us a early idea of watthey think bout some players

Back
Top Bottom