• V

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • VI

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • VII

• Total voters
this is why raffles should be held by sz.

Example... IF I wanted to enter a raffle at HOHLA (or any other SoCal HOH) I have to drive hour and a half + to enter the raffle (3 hours round trip), then if I win, hour and a half to go pick up (that's already 4.5 hours), just to show up and someone took my size? Then another hour and a half drive home. That's 6 hours of driving (with no traffic, la has some ****** up traffic at times).

If you're lining up with fcfs, grab what you can. It's not right for others, but it is what it is. But if it's a raffle where you have to sign up, and they're trying to make things "fair", should be raffle per size.
when they call u they tell u what sz u can get. It's not like they call you and say show up as early as possible to get your sz. They used to do that but not anymore

Yeah, your size is locked in during the call if you win. I'm cool with the way the NYC HOHs do things, either that or raffling by size. If it was a mad dash to claim your size, I definitely wouldn't be a fan.

Last edited:
Yeah, your size is locked in during the call if you win. I'm cool with the way the NYC HOHs do things, either that or raffling by size. If it was a mad dash to claim your size, I definitely wouldn't be a fan.
if they did it like that in NYC they'd be calling ************* for 2+ days, it's not practical here

Probably gamma xis along with the xiis and maybe taxis and a few other gr jordans.

this is why raffles should be held by sz.

Example... IF I wanted to enter a raffle at HOHLA (or any other SoCal HOH) I have to drive hour and a half + to enter the raffle (3 hours round trip), then if I win, hour and a half to go pick up (that's already 4.5 hours), just to show up and someone took my size? Then another hour and a half drive home. That's 6 hours of driving (with no traffic, la has some ****** up traffic at times).

If you're lining up with fcfs, grab what you can. It's not right for others, but it is what it is. But if it's a raffle where you have to sign up, and they're trying to make things "fair", should be raffle per size.
Your reasoning and logic makes perfect sense but come on, we know FL gets their orders from the god of war which could care less about fairness/making sense or making things easy. All the raffles are as crooked as Saturday mornings on NDC. The raffle pie is cut into so many slices before chance is an actual factor.  And by then, the common man doesn't stand a chance competing against a group of family members entering to flip. Anyone that works at HoH knows the amount of families/friends/groups that enter and it's sickening. Raffles are dead to me 

Your reasoning and logic makes perfect sense but come on, we know FL gets their orders from the god of war which could care less about fairness/making sense or making things easy. All the raffles are as crooked as Saturday mornings on NDC. The raffle pie is cut into so many slices before chance is an actual factor.  And by then, the common man doesn't stand a chance competing against a group of family members entering to flip. Anyone that works at HoH knows the amount of families/friends/groups that enter and it's sickening. Raffles are dead to me 
they're alive and well to me :smokin

So if they call and you say you need a 13, they say no more, and you say ok gimme a 10... It can go down like that?

I like the whole ask for size when you get your ticket idea better if so.

No call yet for a 3peat... I knew winning back to back raffles would spoil me. I'm already expecting a call. Not good. If I miss out oh well... No salty Saturday for me. They're just shoes

Keep preaching bro....and somehow the geniuses at Nike can't figure out a better system. But they sure can make flywire stronger, put more zoom air in the heal, and marketing gimmicks before major releases.

So if they call and you say you need a 13, they say no more, and you say ok gimme a 10... It can go down like that?

yeah that's how it works. I remember for the prelude 3 and sc gloves they had practically every sz in both shoes give or take a few szs except for 13 :smh: had to pay $20 for a swap in the preludes

No call yet for a 3peat... I knew winning back to back raffles would spoil me. I'm already expecting a call. Not good. If I miss out oh well... No salty Saturday for me. They're just shoes
pretty early for a call cerritos and lakewood call later on in afternoon south coast and beverly call after noon

they're alive and well to me
smokin.gif
I miss the days of getting that text, "need me to hold your size, I got you"  

wonder what ever happened to that guy
ohwell.gif

wonder what ever happened to that guy :\  
u had an inside connect? I win all mine legitimately bro. Never paid anyone a dime

ohwell.gif
You are definitely older than 25 lol. That guy graduated college or got fired once they started tracking releases.

yeah that's how it works. I remember for the prelude 3 and sc gloves they had practically every sz in both shoes give or take a few szs except for 13 :smh: had to pay $20 for a swap in the preludes
Yeah that's how it goes s dubl. They put all of the raffle tickets in the same box and pull from that. Whoever gets picked first gets the first crack at sizes, and if they run out of your size you can pick another one. Whatever size you tell them you want is then locked in and guaranteed for you on pickup day, and you just gotta pick up within the window.

Yeah that's how it goes s dubl. They put all of the raffle tickets in the same box and pull from that. Whoever gets picked first gets the first crack at sizes, and if they run out of your size you can pick another one. Whatever size you tell them you want is then locked in and guaranteed for you on pickup day, and you just gotta pick up within the window.
glad non of the social HOH does that

ohwell.gif

i remember those days. Or the days where they would cut the bar code off the box (so you could get them early) so they could ring them up on rd. smh 

I'd rather do a raffle by size depending on the location.

For the bred 1's for example, i won 3 pairs because i entered raffles at a local urban retailer (DTLR) in a city about an hour away where they did each raffle by size. I know for a fact (employee told me) that only two tickets were entered for my size at one store (I wear an 8 ), whereas there was a couple pages worth of names for 9-10.5, etc... Imagine those odds. I'll gladly take 50% over 3-10% ANYDAY (at least in THAT city). I'm sure it was the same at the second DTLR, very few entries for my size, as evidenced by the amount of size 8's that continuously SIT after release day (this obviously varies by shoe).

The key to raffles is knowing WHICH raflle to enter, taking into account demographics, sizes, raffle type and LOCATION. Good luck my amigos.

I'd rather do a raffle by size depending on the location.

For the bred 1's for example, i won 3 pairs because i entered raffles at a local urban retailer (DTLR) in a city about an hour away where they did each raffle by size. I know for a fact (employee told me) that only two tickets were entered for my size at one store (I wear an 8 ), whereas there was a couple pages worth of names for 9-10.5, etc... Imagine those odds. I'll gladly take 50% over 3-10% ANYDAY (at least in THAT city). I'm sure it was the same at the second DTLR, very few entries for my size, as evidenced by the amount of size 8's that continuously SIT after release day (this obviously varies by shoe).

The key to raffles is knowing WHICH raflle to enter, taking into account demographics, sizes, raffle type and LOCATION. Good luck my amigos.
in Socal it doesn't matter i know a lot of ppl that go to all the HOH we have just to raffle

Last edited:
u had an inside connect? I win all mine legitimately bro. Never paid anyone a dime
Yeah but I think he got fired/legal trouble then number disconnected, knew him for long time and now he's hiding apparently 

do you bring your family/friends? I just can't fathom entering anymore when I see families lined up and I'm there solo  debating on why do I bother coming here and convincing myself the food court is worth the trip

Waiting for the raffles to go ONLINE so the nerds can pimp them out to us and then some rebellion led by a false profit to change the system amounts to nothing because he secretly consults all the rsvp pimps and is just diverting attention   

Back
Top Bottom