Your local U.S. Census Bureau may be hiring. Vol. $

what yall rockin for training??

i didnt have any cash to buy some new clothes, so i went up in some khakis, a polo, and some dark grey knitted dunks
laugh.gif
  then i found out my supervisor is a brotha and im the only black dude in training so he was real cool with me lol. 

looks like im gonna rock a polo, some jeans, and some jordans tomorrow

started today. $%@*+$$ 7am-3pm SMH, way too early. had to get up at 6:30.

but it was a breeze, i napped through half of the briefing and form filling. it's crazy how they pay you from the time you leave your house to the time to arrive back to your house from the HQ. 17.50 here in seattle.

I completely missed this thread
Good thing I already knew about it

I start at 9 tomorrow for 20/hour in DC

Good to see a lot of you guys already were already on it
Hope this goes as easy as some of you all said

I took the test last yr (got a 96) as a way to make extra money but I wasn't hired.
They called me back in Feb. of this year to see if I was interested.. I had just lost my job the week before so I thought this would be perfect.
Fortunately, I found a new job a couple weeks after that but now the Census keeps calling me at least 2 times a day for the past week re: work.
laugh.gif

If it's as easy as people say it is, seems like a good part time gig. I think I'll give them a buzz.

is the test taking/hiring period over? I get home in three weeks from college and will be needing a summer job...

I almost got into this, but the training days were on times that I had class, I really needed the money too...

Originally Posted by dkjordan23

is the test taking/hiring period over? I get home in three weeks from college and will be needing a summer job...

Pretty sure its over. "Training is starting around the country" according to my supervisor. I took the test in December.

I had my first day of training today. Very easy. All you do is fingerprints, fill out some paper work, and start going over the job duties. I got paid for 8-5 today when we were only there about 5 hours with a 1 hr lunch break and two 15 min breaks
pimp.gif
and they paid you for your commute to and from
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I'm still at my training right now. I've been here since 9...Damn! The good thing is I'm getting paid for all this. And my gas is covered. Lol

pretty easy day, fingerprinting took the longest time so basically getting paid to sit around

I'm mad about this, I got called last week and was told I would go to training this week M-F. I was like hell yea that works out perfectly, since I had wildland firefighting classes this past Thur-Sun and that job won't start til around June. Perfect part time job to get some cash until my summer job starts. Then these fools call me Wednesday and say I have to go to a class on Thursday or Sunday and that it is mandatory. Since I couldn't make it to the fingerprinting and all that on one of those days I can't work the census. Seriously pissed me off, they could have gave more than a days notice, and even then that wouldn't have taken that long, I could have shown up at the end and had that stuff done in like 20 min but my stupid crew leader said I had to show up for the whole thing.

the training is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO boring. training is so easy but all you do is sit in a desk and listen to the numerator talk. it's like taking a college class but getting paid 17.50 an hour even for lunch breaks lol.

training was boring man, they cut it a day short supposedly we were gonna be in there mon-fri 3-9 but they cut it short on thurs we got out at 8, took some open book test at the end and now im waiting on a call from a crew leader so i they can give me my list and i can start. All im wondering is when im gonna get the check for this first week.

Originally Posted by TRIPLETHREAT0699

training was boring man, they cut it a day short supposedly we were gonna be in there mon-fri 3-9 but they cut it short on thurs we got out at 8, took some open book test at the end and now im waiting on a call from a crew leader so i they can give me my list and i can start. All im wondering is when im gonna get the check for this first week.
i started this week too and they said check should come may 12

not bad, u from nyc? dude told me we have at least work until end of june and maybe even middle of august, alto of people quit during training in my class and he said about 30% quit after the first week and then steadily more and more, i hope they do so i can have this all summer

They're hiring process is the dumbest ever. I want to do this part time and keep my full time job so took that test and got a 97%. They call me everyday to make sure I'm still interested but never tell me to come in for training or an interview or whatever. Makes no sense and my its the same thing with my boy in another part of NY

^haha i don't know what that's about they trying to keep you on a leash...
job is ******ed...i got the richest neighborhood possible psshhh I'm gonna be chillin

Originally Posted by Twig1026

They're hiring process is the dumbest ever. I want to do this part time and keep my full time job so took that test and got a 97%. They call me everyday to make sure I'm still interested but never tell me to come in for training or an interview or whatever. Makes no sense and my its the same thing with my boy in another part of NY

why don't you go find the census office and walk in in person and ask?

they called me back, but i couldn't do the training because it was the week of finals. hopefully they'll call me again.

But how many hours to people normally work once everything get situated, cause they say up to 40, but my moms was like, its probably not gonna be nowhere near that much.

Back
Top Bottom