YANKEES v. RED SAWX 4/11-4/13 LETSSSSSS GOOOOOOOOO

indifferent.gif
that has to be the WORST form of broadcasting in broadcasting history

Man Pap coming in and slamming the door shut
pimp.gif

And to dude who said JD Drew is horrid...watch some baseball. Dude is FAR from horrid, esepcially defensively. You ever hear of a five tool player? I'massuming not...

EDIT: Yeah fox was bad with the delay. Luckily I got to squeeze in two periods of the canadiens handing my b's their butts
ohwell.gif

on D hes good.

He hasnt hit for power in boston nor average,
Hes not that fast. Very good tools, ineffective at staying healthy

At 70 million over 5 thats horrid

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

on D hes good.

i dont think you really like baseball

not like hes the most loved player in boston, but all the tools are there.

he'll shut people up this year.

Originally Posted by CarlMonday

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

on D hes good.

i dont think you really like baseball

not like hes the most loved player in boston, but all the tools are there.

he'll shut people up this year.

Man people need to stop blaming Girardi. NY Media is ******ed when it comes to sports. Again, that mound meeting prolly did not go like this:

"Ok Mike, I want you to try and strike out Manny. Good luck!"

It was prolly something like:

"Ok Mike, we're not gonna intentionally walk him. But try and get him to chase pitches outta the zone...nothing he can touch"

Mike Moose is the one who messed up. But anyway, on to tonight...

34 degrees, partly cloudy. The rain should be gone.

Yeah, I don't know if it's Girardi's fault.

What someone said on WFAN earlier made sense, though. If Mussina does get Manny out we're not saying "good decision", we're saying "wegot lucky there".

It probably should have been an all out intentional walk, but it was Mussina that threw Manny something he could hit with 1st base open. I'm not mad atMoose, though. He pitched a very good game against one of the best teams in the league and probably the scariest 3/4 combination in baseball.

Lets get 'em tonight!

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

The dug up the Red Sox jersey/shirt at the new stadium that was buried by a construction worker
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

Crisis, and curse, averted.

It took about five hours, but the Red Sox jersey that was embedded in the concrete of the Yankees' new stadium to place a curse on the New York franchise has been unearthed with jackhammers.

[+] Enlarge

AP Photo/Mark Lennihan

Constructions workers dug through the concrete at the new Yankee stadium to find a jersey of Boston's David Ortiz.

Earlier this week, a construction worker who is a Boston fan working on the concrete crew at the $1.3 billion new Yankee Stadium buried a Red Sox shirt in with the concrete foundation, in the hopes of jinxing the New York Yankees' new home, the New York Post reported.

The newspaper reported Sunday that two workers approached a construction manager with what they thought was the location of the jersey. After digging a two-foot by three-foot hole, the jersey was found.

"They absolutely pinpointed that if it was in the ground, that's where it was," Yankees spokeswoman Alice McGillion told the newspaper.

Initially the Yankees denied the jersey was ever buried in the footings of the new stadium. But clearly the Yankees brass is happier now with the possibility of a curse gone.

"I hope his co-workers kick the [expletive] out of him," Yankees co-chairperson Hal Steinbrenner said.

The newspaper said the jersey felt like a filthy rag, but the word "Red" was clearly visible.

The Yankees plan to donate the jersey to charity, and may pursue a lawsuit against the construction worker.

There are precedents for fans strategically burying trinkets for good luck. During the construction of the ice rink for the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City, a worker laid a Canadian one-dollar coin (known as a "loonie") at center ice. Canada went on to win its first gold medal in men's ice hockey since 1952.

And Mickey Bradley, a co-author of "Haunted Baseball," told the New York Post that a worker was said to have buried an unknown good-luck charm in a water main trench of the current Yankee Stadium back in 1920.

"Prior to that, they never won a World Series," he told the newspaper.

The Yankees went on to win 26 world championships since.

Hal coming through with a quote this time...
laugh.gif

They got that swagger from their pops...
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

The dug up the Red Sox jersey/shirt at the new stadium that was buried by a construction worker
pimp.gif

Thank goodness.

pimp.gif

Should be a good game tonight...I'm ready to see how Hughes pitches against Boston on national T.V.......Dice-K has been pitching good, but the Yankeesowned him last year

Back
Top Bottom