Votes: 20 51.3%
  • No new threads

Votes: 8 20.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple factors go into it.

1: Culturally women's prime marrying years in Japan stop at the mid to late 20s. After that, much like in many Asian cultures, you are past your "sell by date" and no longer desirable, or as desirable as a long term partner. Women who identify as heterosexual are probably more likely to retire early if there is outside pressure from family or if they face the possibility of little security in terms of finances.

2: Financially, Joshi performers suffer very much from a glass ceiling much like the US has had in the past. Wrestling, though accepted more so as a sport mainstream wise in Japan, is still male dominated thus there is still pay disparity. This is a shot in the dark as I have not researched it, but a mid level Joshi star would probably have to work double just to make as much a lower level male star to equal their pay. This is why you see many of the younger most attractive performers do Gravure films/shoots or even some dabble in AV because the pay for adult performing is far better than it is for puroresu.

3: Social Stigma. As a female, a small niche market are going to accept you for a Joshi performer. Though people like me are huge marks for it, it is still culturally something that bucks the trend. Japan is still very patriarchal and feminism is still very fresh and new in terms of sexual politics/freedom/expression, body politics, workplace politics, etc. Joshi is not only an escape from some of this, but it is an arena all its own with its own set of particular battles and arguments one has to fight with. It is not uncommon for Joshi performers in the early days to be disowned by their families because they chose a job or lifestyle that just wasn't acceptable by everyone else. I certainly think that has changed, but again, only a niche group is going to accept you for you should you be straightforward about the information about what you do for a living and why.

TL;DR for 22stylez 22stylez

Japanese female wrestlers still are not socially accepted amongst the mainstream and the culture thinks they should be good housewives, marry early, and accept a ****ty life.

Stole my dudes moves.

This match was ridiculous. I am just finishing it now. Some of the matchups were crazy to see as I have watched almost all these dudes careers abroad and domestic. Nak beating up Kirk, Trips and Swagsuke, Devitt and Swags, Joe and Or-Tan, Triple H and Zesty Triple H. This match was made for marks.

Kirk really needs to not wrestle at all. Dude looks gassed at all times and can't even walk. Cena needs to stop, Randy coasts as always, Shane inserts himself into everything which is boring (no zest), Braun is unbeatable and that is unfun as hell.
Thank you for the TL;DR

Cena clearly doesn't care. He's done everything and is in movie mode. Didn't even where a blue shirt lol. And of course Mr. Hemsley wore a specialty made Raw shirt to differentiate from everyone else.

Yep.

Which makes Cena coming at Rock's neck a few years back for going "Hollywood" look all the more laughable.

I have no problem with Cena being a part timer now and branching off into other ventures. He's put the WWE on his back for 15 years, but to bash Rock and then try to follow in his same lane has me looking at him like:

jZNQY.gif

I mean they played a trailer for his new movie during Survivor's Series last night.

Everybody that main evented WMs between 2000-2012 need to be off my TV. This product feels exactly the same as it did in 2008 just different stables but the same Main eventers.

In hindsight, Cena slandering Rock obviously looks dumb. At the time though, it was the right thing to say.

But Cena always comes back and reps the company well. The Rock went a LONG time without giving them the time of day. No quite the same IMO.

He really didn't need to rep the company, cause the WWE always made it a point to come crawling back to him when they needed a ratings boost. Cena practically needed the WWE until he recently started getting more mainstream offers.

He really didn't need to rep the company, cause the WWE always made it a point to come crawling back to him when they needed a ratings boost. Cena practically needed the WWE until he recently started getting more mainstream offers.

Yea they did in 2011 but from 2004-2010 its not like the Rock was this huge box office draw. He was struggling and still didn't acknowledge them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom