Wrestling Thread October 1st-31st/ No Mercy Tonight At 8PM ET/ Dolph Zigger Last Match

Akira Tozawa 
roll.gif

I need him to be signed asap

I thought he already signed and will debut on RAW?

Last edited:
With his UFC debut coming up next Saturday, Sept. 10, there are all kinds of CM Punk “news” items floating around the web.

A couple are related to the outstanding defamation lawsuit filed by Dr. Chris Annan against Punk and Colt Cabana for comments made on Cabana’s The Art of Wrestling podcast about medical treatment the Chicagoan received while contracted to WWE (Annan is the company’s Senior Ringside Physician).

Neither is particularly surprising. In an official response to Annan’s suit, Punk and Cabana alleged WWE “collaborated, coordinated and conspired” the case as revenge for their having embarassed the company. It’s still noteworthy that the ex-WWE wrestler would casually claim Vince McMahon is “bankrolling” the case, as he did during his interview with Ron Kruck on AXS TV’s Inside MMA.

Related is a report from Twitter personality FrontRowBrian that Punk and Cabana are not on good terms right now, allegedly because Colt attended a WWE show recently and was chummy with some folks there:

Not sure why Cabana, who also worked for WWE on a couple occassions, being backstage would necessarily hurt his defense, but given Punk’s prickly reputation, this seems possible. Of course, we don’t know for sure, and hearsay combined with the lack of a Twitter follow is hardly confirmation.

We’ll keep you posted. Considering how he can’t seem to avoid WWE questions - and always ends up answering them even though he says he doesn’t want to talk about pro wrestling - expect more “news” like this over the next week.

Ape's husband is like a bitter ex :lol:

Double E ain't much better tho

Last edited:
Punk is truly a scorned ex. I hope he gets washed in his debut, but I won't be surprised if Dana put in the word.

"On this week’s episode of MSL & Sullivan, available on MLWradio.com, former ROH & EVOLVE commentator Mister Saint Laurent and former WCW matchmaker Kevin Sullivan discussed the romantic relationship between Alberto Del Rio and Paige. WWE has gone to great lengths to split up the couple and MSL revealed some of the previously undisclosed details.

“Mark Carano, who fans might know from Total Divas, kind of like the office liaison guy, approached Del Rio and Paige individually and harassed each of them about their relationship. It was indicated that the office wanted them to sever their romantic relationship.”
“A lot of people speculated if this was the reason [WWE] split them up in the draft and that’s definitely what happened. The company did not want them together. They split them up in the draft by design and they threatened to fire Paige if she didn’t break up with Del Rio.”"

Wow :lol: :lol:

^ Makes sense why they split ADR and Paige in the draft -- until they hit a couple of lines and got suspended together

laugh.gif

I think Phil might be the only guy in WWE history that Vince wouldn't be willing to sign back..

vince, please don't ever bring that dark cloud of negativity back to the wwe
thank you

ps - i'd be cool with a hof induction years from now, that's about it

Why so much Phil Brooks hate?

Because he stood up for himself?

He was one of the best parts of WWE for years.

Back
Top Bottom