Wrestling Thread Oct 6-19: 10/13 RAW - Ric Flair Returns, Big Show vs Rusev, Todd Crisley

NTWT is frontin...if CM Punk returned out of the blue tomorrow, next week, or a year from now everyone in this thread would be like "OMG YASSSSSS!" and mark out. Dude is a real life douchebag but at least he doesn't deny that he isn't. He's a real, organic character who had a hell of a run which welcomed back many of us into watching wrestling again. And please, people wanna talk about how much he complained, it's not like he didn't have any merit to his complaints. Hell, some of his complaints are still valid today. Bryan was buried for the LONGEST even though he got the loudest pops and it took forever for WWE to come around on a bearded dwarf like him. I mean Reigns is apparently slated to win the Rumble and the WWEWHC at Mania, but he's only being pushed for his look while Rollins and Ambrose are light years ahead of him with a smaller build.

I don't like the way he exited but there have been much worse dudes in wrestling...Hogan, HBK, Steiner, etc.

CM Punk - NTWT's Dark Knight

32e77e3bed69261f380f7a2e6fb0e0753d2e70022609ef84a209f33a7e728acb.jpg

Watched the latest NXT.

Baron Corbin looking like a straight up beast. NXT universe really into him.

Enzo and Big Cass bringing the lulz like always.

I like Whoopz's finisher. Her theme sounds like a variant Iggy Azalea song.
laugh.gif

Becky Lynch's voice is deep as ****.
laugh.gif
alien.gif
She was looking nice in that segment with Sasha Banks though.

CM Punk overrated? Why? Because he denied your autographs and because YALL feel he shouldn't have took his ball and went home? Come on man. We judge folks on what they did. Not how they make us feel. Some of yall sound saltier than Layla's mouth
i dont care about autographs or the fact he went home,his *** can stay home.dude is OVERRATED.I stand by my opinion.he aint bring in these magical ratings as you say,"regular" people havent been watching wrestling since stone cold left and cm punk def didnt make them come watch again.cuz theyre still not watching.he steals more moves than dolph ,his promo game is mediocre but looks great cuz everyone sucked at that time.what has he done to transcend the wrestling biz? the pipebomb that only you wrestling internet nerds know or care about?hes not even in my top 20 wrestlers of all time or top 20 promo guys.its pretty sad you dudes been fed garbage for so long he looks like macho man out there to ya,wwe gotta do better.

deep your the only one that gets waayy too emotional over wrestling.shouldnt you be writing an open letter to vince ?these wrestlers dont make me FEEL any kind of way lol what the hell you talking bout.im not 10 yrs old,its only entertainment.

Last edited:
CM Punk overrated? Why? Because he denied your autographs and because YALL feel he shouldn't have took his ball and went home? Come on man. We judge folks on what they did. Not how they make us feel. Some of yall sound saltier than Layla's mouth
i dont care about autographs or the fact he went home,his *** can stay home.dude is OVERRATED.I stand by my opinion.he aint bring in these magical ratings as you say,"regular" people havent been watching wrestling since stone cold left and cm punk def didnt make them come watch again.cuz theyre still not watching.he steals more moves than dolph ,his promo game is mediocre but looks great cuz everyone sucked at that time.what has he done to transcend the wrestling biz? the pipebomb that only you wrestling internet nerds know or care about?hes not even in my top 20 wrestlers of all time or top 20 promo guys.its pretty sad you dudes been fed garbage for so long he looks like macho man out there to ya,wwe gotta do better.

deep your the only one that gets waayy too emotional over wrestling.shouldnt you be writing an open letter to vince ?these wrestlers dont make me FEEL any kind of way lol what the hell you talking bout.im not 10 yrs old,its only entertainment.
It still real to this guy as well.

1) Everyone steals moves. Flair, a lot of people's GOAT, modeled himself exactly after Buddy Rogers. Hogan = Billy Grahm

2) The pipebomb is far from his best work. It just got the most exposure. I prefer his promos leading up to MITB 2011. His promos leading up to Taker and Brock. 

3) Without Punk, D-Bry would cease to get his opportunity. Same with Rollins and Dean. The WWE is clearly headed in a direction that is geared towards "Indy" wrestlers. And who started that trend? Punk. He transcended wrestling. 

4) He carried that match against Taker. And that was a MOTY candidate. The psychology was crazy in that match. 

Please come back with thorough, substantial evidence instead of just saying he sucks. Until then, you have taken Penny's spot as being the NTWT laughing stock. 

1) Everyone steals moves. Flair, a lot of people's GOAT, modeled himself exactly after Buddy Rogers. Hogan = Billy Grahm
2) The pipebomb is far from his best work. It just got the most exposure. I prefer his promos leading up to MITB 2011. His promos leading up to Taker and Brock. 
3) Without Punk, D-Bry would cease to get his opportunity. Same with Rollins and Dean. The WWE is clearly headed in a direction that is geared towards "Indy" wrestlers. And who started that trend? Punk. He transcended wrestling. 
4) He carried that match against Taker. And that was a MOTY candidate. The psychology was crazy in that match. 

Please come back with thorough, substantial evidence instead of just saying he sucks. Until then, you have taken Penny's spot as being the NTWT laughing stock. 

1) Although he took the Nature Boy moniker, he originally wanted to be like Dusty Rhodes, but workrate like Ray "The Crippler" Stevens. Got that flip off the turbuckle from Stevens.

Just wanted to add a little more on what my young buck (clap clap) was stating. Shouldve had a Brock/Punk feud last for at least 6 months, have Heyman guys being fed to Punk to eventually get to Brock.

1) Although he took the Nature Boy moniker, he originally wanted to be like Dusty Rhodes, but workrate like Ray "The Crippler" Stevens. Got that flip off the turbuckle from Stevens.

Just wanted to add a little more on what my young buck (clap clap) was stating. Shouldve had a Brock/Punk feud last for at least 6 months, have Heyman guys being fed to Punk to eventually get to Brock.

:pimp: appreciate the back up my dude. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy for defending Punk :lol:

DonFaints.gif

PLEASE STOP.
roll.gif
.you say punk is the sole reason dbry rollins and dean are in the wwe lol .your higher than i am bruh.you can thank triple h for that.cm punk wasnt "indy" for years.lol.enough with the indy bs,everything that aint wwe is indy,so where else are these dudes gonna come from?? thats the only place there is to get talent these days there no wcw.so stop with the "indy direction" crap.

when talent is so bad dudes like cm punk looks great i get it.i just set higher standards,you wouldnt know cuz your a dolph guy.

lol.cm punks name shouldnt be anywhere with flair or hogans 2 dudes that actually transcended wrestling

all your points were terrible.

PLEASE STOP.:rofl: .you say punk is the sole reason dbry rollins and dean are in the wwe lol .your higher than i am bruh.you can thank triple h for that.cm punk wasnt "indy" for years.lol.enough with the indy bs,everything that aint wwe is indy,so where else are these dudes gonna come from?? thats the only place there is to get talent these days there no wcw.so stop with the "indy direction" crap.

when talent is so bad dudes like cm punk looks great i get it.i just set higher standards,you wouldnt know cuz your a dolph guy.

lol.cm punks name shouldnt be anywhere with flair or hogans 2 dudes that actually transcended wrestling

all your points were terrible.

You might think my points are terrible. You might think I'm crazy for saying he transcended wrestling.

But you're a complete moron if you think punk is the most overrated wrestler in HISTORY.

I can't even fathom that. At least I have substantial evidence. And I wouldnt understand because I'm a dolph guy? Dude is talented, regardless of my slurpage. You're crazy if you think otherwise.

Last edited:
Punk would've gotten over just as much as he is now during the Attitude Era. Don't understand your logic there, bud. You sound like one of the marks that bother him for pictures and autographs.

Indy is the only place to get talent? Cmon dog. Why you think cena and Orton went straight to the top? Why you think reigns going straight to the top? Because they were born and bred in the WWE.

Why you think they signed 3 of the biggest dudes in "Indy" wrestling right now? Because that's the direction they're headed in.

Just stop. You're REALLY showing your lack of wrestling knowledge. Notice how no one in this entire thread has agreed with your viewpoints. It's because they're outlandish as hell

And why you think wrestlers from the 70s, 80s AND 90s cosigned Punk saying he would succeed in any era, especially back then. Bret and Austin both back punk heavy. Stop it.

My views on Punk are that he is exactly as advertised. When wrestling in the ring today, he really is the best in the world. Unfortunately, as proven via his title reign, you really are only as good as your competition and there was no memorable opponents that Punk had. It's also part of why Cena's whack. There's just no great rivalry in today's game to elevate the feels to add magic.

Bockwinkle/Gagne, Rhodes/Flair, Hulk/Andre-Savage-Warrior, HBK/Hart, Austin/Rock, etc. When I look back on Cena, I just see a lot of jobbers who never stood a chance with Orton matches sprinkled over the decade. I don't even feel like I can call Punk/Cena a rivalry because it was just missing a certain "it" factor to it all.

Indy is the only place to get talent? Cmon dog. Why you think cena and Orton went straight to the top? Why you think reigns going straight to the top? Because they were born and bred in the WWE.

Why you think they signed 3 of the biggest dudes in "Indy" wrestling right now? Because that's the direction they're headed in.

Just stop. You're REALLY showing your lack of wrestling knowledge. Notice how no one in this entire thread has agreed with your viewpoints. It's because they're outlandish as hell
lol thats why you sadden me,you young dudes are too think skinned these days,because you need people to agree with you and you need "the love of your peers".i dont need that attention or the love.i couldnt give a **** less what people think of my opinions,i say what i  feel.whether you support it or think im a ****** idiot.my wrestling knowledge is a good as i need it to be homie lol,im not looking for a job in the company lol,i watch the same shows own the same network and go to the same live shows as you. dog,im a FAN,you guys can keep all your deep rooted wrestling knowledge to argue with eachother on the internet lol.im good but i will tel you this i been watching wrestling for almost 3 decades seen alot,lived through a lot of things in the biz so just cuz u scour the internet and watch things and do your research on the stuff that i know already doesnt mean you know anything cuz i was there watching it when it happened ,and ive proabbly forgot more than youve learned,i may not be as old as case,but im not new to this.

lol thats why you sadden me,you young dudes are too think skinned these days,because you need people to agree with you and you need "the love of your peers".i dont need that attention or the love.i couldnt give a **** less what people think of my opinions,i say what i  feel.whether you support it or think im a ****** idiot.my wrestling knowledge is a good as i need it to be homie lol,im not looking for a job in the company lol,i watch the same shows own the same network and go to the same live shows as you. dog,im a FAN,you guys can keep all your deep rooted wrestling knowledge to argue with eachother on the internet lol.im good but i will tel you this i been watching wrestling for almost 3 decades seen alot,lived through a lot of things in the biz so just cuz u scour the internet and watch things and do your research on the stuff that i know already doesnt mean you know anything cuz i was there watching it when it happened ,and ive proabbly forgot more than youve learned,i may not be as old as case,but im not new to this.

And how exactly am I at fault here for being born later? You say you watched wrestling for 3 decades.

But where is your evidence. I'm now asking you for the third time, to give me substantial evidence on your opinion. I don't care if you think that way. I can see why you would think he's overrated. But all you've done is deflect the question to other things. "I'm older so I know". "He just sucks".

Give me some reasons so we can stop bickering and actually have a discussion.

Here, I'll start it off for you. Punk was good in the ring but not great. He often was sloppy but executed moves poorly. But he had great psychology and methodology.

Your turn.

And if you're not older than case, then how old are you? I believe case is 33 and I'm 23. So that puts you at what, only a few years older than me. C'mon dog, you ain't seen **** that I haven't seen. Let's be real.

Back
Top Bottom