Wrestling Thread Oct 6-19: 10/13 RAW - Ric Flair Returns, Big Show vs Rusev, Todd Crisley

I don't care if we agree frank, I actually think you're a good genuine dude.

But this is NTWT, we all family and we all go at it. Just don't resort personal attacks on stupid **** like age and whatnot. That's petty.

Have a thorough, well thought out discussion and debate. This isn't kobe and bron. No need lose friends over this. It's punk :lol:

When wrestling in the ring today, he really is the best in the world.

View media item 1222547

I'll agree I kinda wanna take that back as I should've used better wording, but what's done is done. Should we still argue about it though? :lol:

yvMeWbG.gif

Last edited:

3) Without Punk, D-Bry would cease to get his opportunity. Same with Rollins and Dean.
You might be able to make that case for Rollins, but Dean is getting his shot because he's similar to SCSA and DBry is getting his shot because the internet loves him.

your right i take nothing personal,it doesnt matter if i bring up evidence because you will still have your opinion and so will i,ill end it with this ,like i said punk isnt in my top 20 of all time,so I AND I ALONE feel lke the new age wrestling fan aka the john cena/internet era may overrate him just a little,i never once said that cm punk sucks.and i def dont wanna spend any more time talking about this dude.hes not even a wrestler anymore.hes PHIL BROOKS.

You might be able to make that case for Rollins, but Dean is getting his shot because he's similar to SCSA and DBry is getting his shot because the internet loves him.

I can see that. But let me phrase it this way. Did Punks success cause the WWE to give D Bry a chance or yo even consider him as a main event level star. Did punk contribute at all to that because of everything he said in the pipe bomb promo.

Honest question, I'm a young buck so I'm trying I har your thoughts :lol:

your right i take nothing personal,it doesnt matter if i bring up evidence because you will still have your opinion and so will i,ill end it with this ,like i said punk isnt in my top 20 of all time,so I AND I ALONE feel lke the new age wrestling fan aka the john cena/internet era may overrate him just a little,i never once said that cm punk sucks.and i def dont wanna spend any more time talking about this dude.hes not even a wrestler anymore.hes PHIL BROOKS.

Fair enough. Have a good weekend Frank

punk is overstated? elaborate degenerationx
nerd.gif
I'll give respect where it's due, Punk was great on the mic and wasn't half-bad in the ring (when he actually tried), but his name gets brought up far too often for what he's done.  He gave a couple great promos, a couple good matches, and left the company.  Why does he need to be brought back?  Why does his name need to get chanted whenever AJ Lee is in the ring?  Why do we need closure for his character?  He's not Taker, who's been doing this for decades, he simply came, entertained, and left.  His presence is only missed because of how crappy the product is now.  If we were getting the storylines we wanted with DBry, Rollins, Ambrose, Cesaro, etc. then Punk would be an afterthought.

I'll give respect where it's due, Punk was great on the mic and wasn't half-bad in the ring (when he actually tried), but his name gets brought up far too often for what he's done.  He gave a couple great promos, a couple good matches, and left the company.  Why does he need to be brought back?  Why does his name need to get chanted whenever AJ Lee is in the ring?  Why do we need closure for his character?  He's not Taker, who's been doing this for decades, he simply came, entertained, and left.  His presence is only missed because of how crappy the product is now.  If we were getting the storylines we wanted with DBry, Rollins, Ambrose, Cesaro, etc. then Punk would be an afterthought.

Even tho I barely watch wrestling now, when Punk was the main guy I was watching even less.... I dunno he never really did it for me.

because if the fans with the loudest voices, had their way, john cena wouldnt be a main eventer and daniel bryan would, thus the company would make half of what it does now. and that is a fact, the company makes waaaaay less when anyone but cena is on top.

NTWT is frontin...if CM Punk returned out of the blue tomorrow, next week, or a year from now everyone in this thread would be like "OMG YASSSSSS!" and mark out..

7VN5Ep5.gif

Would probably follow Raw/SD even less and stick to NXT/NJPW/ROH.

Last edited:
because if the fans with the loudest voices, had their way, john cena wouldnt be a main eventer and daniel bryan would, thus the company would make half of what it does now. and that is a fact, the company makes waaaaay less when anyone but cena is on top.
which is true, but i wonder if that's the case because they went so long without building someone else up to be just as awesome as cena.

Currently listening to cheap Heat. Jericho might have the best mindset when it comes to the wrestling business and his place within the company.

Love this dude :pimp:

exactly... everyone should be entitled to who they like

which is true, but i wonder if that's the case because they went so long without building someone else up to be just as awesome as cena.

I feel like they gave Punk that chance, and had that 2011 Summerslam buyrate been high, they would have given him the ball 100%

And since then they have been hesitant, its not like before where they could take huge risk and try someone out, now the investors will flip, the stock will drop.. etc... its a corporate environment now, gotta go with who or what makes the money

dont get me wrong, i too would love for anyone else but Cena to be on top as well...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom