Wrestling Thread Oct 14-20 | 10/20 TNA Bound For Glory - Bully Ray v AJ Styles, Sting v Magnus, Angl

Just sent in my questionnaire...
Rhodes Fam vs Usos vs Shield at HIAC would be :smokin

Babyface Turn on This Week's Smackdown

CM Punk made a rare appearance to face Big E Langston. Fans have sent in word that after the match, Paul Heyman came out to the ramp with Ryback and Curtis Axel to cut a promo about next week's Hell in a Cell match. Paul sent his Heyman Guys to attack CM Punk, but Big E Langston jumps back into the ring and comes to the aid of Punk, taking out both Ryback and Axel. The crowd was said to love this moment, and heavily cheered Big E when he made the save. 

I can get with this

I like this because it will pretty much take CM Punk out if this feud with Ryback. I love his bully character but he does not deserve to be in matches with punk

As much as a like Woods, they choose him as the next dude to bring up from NXT? C'mon Son.
well Vince likes to at least push one black guy on TV and triple h likes him, thats why he the next one up
Do you really think Xavier Woods is going to be pushed?  His initial gimmick is that he runs an online petition, and JBL buried his goofy name the entire show.  Trust me, you don't want one of the top NXT talents coming up in this spot.

I know this is ridiculous, but I can't stand matches when Shawn wore those hideous pants over his classic tights.

Raw sounded good, gonna have to catch the main event.
The chaps? Yeah I think it was said that it was because he felt like that look was dated for him...then I heard it was because his legs were getting kinda jiggly so he wore the chaps over them. Think I'm wrong, could be wrong, meh
laugh.gif
Yeah the chaps. It had to be cuz he felt they were dated cuz Shawn was a fit dude, and still is. But I still can't stand those chaps. Those broken hart tights were clean, especially when he wore those matching bands over his wrist tape.
Don't know the date, but Shawn started wearing the chaps to help hide his knee brace.

Was watching Chris Jericho "Break The Walls Down" on WWE Classics...

This was from 4-17-00. The night Jericho beat HHH for the WWE Championship (the decision was reverse later that night)
Even though you guys may have known about 4wrestling.com with the slogan "Your Online Source 4 Wrestling", here's a fun fact on where the name actually came from.

In 1996, I started a Geocities site call PW & WB.

PW & WB?

Pro Wrestling and Washington Bullets.  My username at the time was Webber4.

I eventually ditched the Washington Bullets piece and just focused on pro wrestling.  The name 4wrestling was combining Webber4 and wrestling.  The slogan for 4wrestling came later.

Even though you guys may have known about 4wrestling.com with the slogan "Your Online Source 4 Wrestling", here's a fun fact on where the name actually came from.

PW & WB?

I eventually ditched the Washington Bullets piece and just focused on pro wrestling.  The name 4wrestling was combining Webber4 and wrestling.  The slogan for 4wrestling came later.

Which one are you in that pic?

This is at State right? Wish they still came here. They used to come here a lot during the late 90s and early 2000s

Do you really think Xavier Woods is going to be pushed?  His initial gimmick is that he runs an online petition, and JBL buried his goofy name the entire show.  Trust me, you don't want one of the top NXT talents coming up in this spot.
he's getting pushed. He's a triple H guy and he's probably the only wwe wrestler thats getting a doctorate degree. WWE loves to push their guys as above and beyond.  

he's getting pushed. He's a triple H guy and he's probably the only wwe wrestler thats getting a doctorate degree. WWE loves to push their guys as above and beyond.  
CURTIS AXEL is a Rock AND Triple H guy!!!!

Tensai was a Triple H project.

Sin Cara was a Triple H project.

Oh, and David Otunga has a law degree.

PW & WB?

I remember that, baby bro.

Remember the other project you had called "Cats & Mugs"?

Ahhh, good times.

Yeah I said he's getting a push. Do you even know what a push is? I never said they were going to build a company around the guy or win the WWE title on day 1. I said a push, they are going to spotlight the guy. All those guys you listed got pushes and favorable chances to be stars from the get go. They failed, but they had better opportunities than a Ryder or a Cesaro. 

Full Smackdown Spoilers
Main Event

Dolph Ziggler b Dean Amborse to retain the U.S. title

Santino Marella & Brodus Clay & Tensai b Heath Slater & Jinder Mahal & Drew McIntyre

Damien Sandow b R-Truth

Great Khali b Fandango

Smackdown

It opened with Brad Maddox and Vickie Guerrero in the ring.  Daniel Bryan came out and talked about how Big Show was going to be on the show, which scared both of them.  He then called out the Rhodes brothers, leading to the announcement of Bryan & Rhodes Brothers vs. The Shield as the main event.

Luke Harper & Erick Rowan b The Miz & Kofi Kingston.  Bray Wyatt cut another promo on Miz after the match.

Brie Bella b A.J. Lee with the X-factor.

Big Show came through the crowd, stating that he has a ticket, given to him by Daniel Bryan.  Doesn't anyone oversee the comps?  Show announced he was going to file a major lawsuit against HHH & Stephanie McMahon.  Brad Maddox and Vickie Guerrero came out and told him to leave the ring.  Show said what can they do to him since he's already fired, and he knocked Maddox out.

C.M. Punk b Big E Langston with the GTS.

Heyman then congratulated Punk for beating a mediocre talent, but at Hell in a Cell he's facing a caged animal.  Heyman also reminded Punk that he holds a win over Punk the last time they met.  Punk said Heyman was an idiot, that there is no way to run away in Hell in a Cell, and that he's going to treat Ryback like an animal by putting him to sleep.  Ryback and Axel then went after Punk.  Langston then turned babyface by saving Punk.

Josh Matthews interviewed Alberto Del Rio.  They played the Cena video and  Del Rio said how Cena has no real passion for wrestling, and said he was the Ultimate Gringo.  He said Cena should have had to start at the bottom and work his way up to a title match, and said he will break Cena's arm.  Then then attacked Matthews and put him in the armbar.

Usos b Jack Swagger & Antonio Cesaro when Los Matadores distracted them.  Torito gave Zeb Colter a spear to the groin. 

Daniel Bryan came out.  Randy Orton came out and told Bryan he was in over his head, that his girlfriend is out of his league and he's getting over based on catch phrases.  Orton vowed to win the title back and be the face of the promotion.

Bryan & Cody Rhodes & Goldust b The Shield when Bryan pinned Ambrose with the Busaiku knee.

JR's Latest Blog.  I've highlighted the most interesting lines.  It certainly appears he has received his full release from WWE at this point.

Heading to New York City in a few days to begin some potentially viable meetings that could impact what I will be doing in 2014 at least to some degree.  

I'm excited to be meeting new people with fresh ideas who genuinely want to work with me in a relationship based on honesty, respect and professionalism.

Crunch time for WWE as it relates to producing a compelling Monday Night Raw that sells the HIAC PPV which will be the 2nd, I think, PPV of the billing cycle for the company.

With the overall lack of main event depth in WWE these days, now would be the perfect time to get someone on a roll...attempt to get them hot and see if the individual can connect with the audience. One can always audible out of it but this matter can't be determined in a few weeks no matter how sage like some feel that they may be in determining such.

It's a process that is largely determined by the live audience's reaction over time.

All sports, or entertainment, fans want to support the 'stars' and 'stars,' IE heroes, and all have similar traits. They win more than they lose, they somehow eventually overcome when the odds are the greatest against them and they never quit. All these traits endears them to the audience. Fans can identify with winning. Loses become significant moments and not every other week occurrences.

50/50 booking helps NO one.

Those trying to re-invent the "booking" wheel and who refuse or simply ignore basic psychology and human emotions are foolish or naive or...gasp... egomaniacal.

Box office receipts and PPV numbers should convince any one who professes that the fine line between good and evil need not exist.

Happy belated birthday to Dusty Rhodes who turned 68 on Saturday....the same day that I celebrated my 20th wedding anniversary with my wife Jan.

I still say that Dream and **** Murdoch has one of the greatest tag teams of all time and if you get the chance to watch a good sampling of their work on You Tube, etc jump on it.

Dusty was great to work for an announcer when he was the booker because he would tell you his 'vision' and then allow his broadcasters to go out and put Dream's vision in the announcer's words. Some of my best work was in Crockett's NWA and on TBS because being over produced wasn't an issue.

Don't get me wrong, every talent needs direction and to be produced to some degree but producing talents is an art and all talents can't be produced a like.

To those that have asked and to those who have offered, I have zero interest in doing the seemingly, obligatory "Shoot" interview. No thanks.

Pulling for the Steelers to try and turn things around just a little today against the Jets. Pittsburgh having an undesirable year. Talent issues are obvious. f 

Many NFL teams have the same issues that the WWE Performance Center faces and that is missing on their evaluations as it relates to new talents coming into the system. There isn't a fail proof system. For WWE, the best answer that I can provide is to sign as many quality, athletic, high character talents as one can and then play the numbers game. if WWE can develop 4-6 talents annually who can make it to the main roster with an impact then WWE wins over time. If WWE training personnel can't accomplish the 4-6 number then those individuals need to be re-evaluated.   

Unfortunately, the NFL can easily waste top draft picks and big money on "busts" that they can't salvage or retrieve the money. 

Pro wrestling companies who don't have a system to develop and introduce new talents are bound to fail. How talents are introduced and then game planned is crucial.  

Yeah I said he's getting a push. Do you even know what a push is? I never said they were going to build a company around the guy or win the WWE title on day 1. I said a push, they are going to spotlight the guy. All those guys you listed got pushes and favorable chances to be stars from the get go. They failed, but they had better opportunities than a Ryder or a Cesaro. 
Do you know what a push is?  Contrary to what you may believe, it's not winning for 3-6 weeks and then having the focus taken off of you.

Do you know what a push is?  Contrary to what you may believe, it's not winning for 3-6 weeks and then having the focus taken off of you.

Contrary to what you believe. A push is an opportunity to get over by company implemented turns, tv time, story lines, major victories, promos. What you are describing is getting over.

That has definitely been discussed.  Hope it doesn't happen.  Shawn's exit was perfect.

I agree. Shawn's exit was legit. Dude doesn't really miss the action that much from what it seems.

Still, I think HHH would have a "retirement" match at some point. Question is, who would he choose to be his opponent? The only logical choices for me IMO, would be Shawn for obvious reasons then Rock/Brock/Taker.

That has definitely been discussed.  Hope it doesn't happen.  Shawn's exit was perfect.
I agree. Shawn's exit was legit. Dude doesn't really miss the action that much from what it seems.

Still, I think HHH would have a "retirement" match at some point. Question is, who would he choose to be his opponent? The only logical choices for me IMO, would be Shawn for obvious reasons then Rock/Brock/Taker.
I could see it being Orton.

Last edited:
I could see it being Orton.

I honestly don't think HHH will really ever have a retirement match... Since he's basically gonna be the new VKM for the next generation... He will always find himself to be a draw, even if its only once a year, ala Taker, maybe even less... Put it this way, VKM was still working matches a year ago....

I've hated every Orton HHH match. They have no chemistry and feel that hey have to top each other every feud which we saw at least once a year between 2004-09 with 06 being the exception I think

Back
Top Bottom