Wrestling Thread Oct 14-20 | 10/20 TNA Bound For Glory - Bully Ray v AJ Styles, Sting v Magnus, Angl

The thing I like about Ziggler is that he took a lot of little details from past wrestlers and made them his own. 

The sexual vibes definitely came from Shawn Michaels. As well as the cockiness.

Half his moveset are other peoples finishers :lol:  (Fameasser, X-factor, Superkick).

I think my earliest memory of Shawn is the fact that early on in his career, before the bell rung, he used to lounge on the ropes in the corner. I thought that was sooooo :pimp:

I loved when any wrestler did this. Early Stone Cold, DDP, Raven.

Added a ton to the story and character. Something so minute means so much in terms of making the character real.

The thing I like about Ziggler is that he took a lot of little details from past wrestlers and made them his own. 

The sexual vibes definitely came from Shawn Michaels. As well as the cockiness.
Half his moveset are other peoples finishers :lol:  (Fameasser, X-factor, Superkick).

I think my earliest memory of Shawn is the fact that early on in his career, before the bell rung, he used to lounge on the ropes in the corner. I thought that was sooooo :pimp:

Added a ton to the story and character. Something so minute means so much in terms of making the character real.

HBK :pimp: :pimp: May not have been the draw of Rock/Hogan/Austin, but definitely my all time fave. Total package. I know this was already discussed in a handful of threads back, but I think Kurt Angle is the only one who rivals him as a complete wrestler...in-ring and character wise.

:rofl: wow

Couldn't agree more..I used to love when Raven would come in the ring and immediately slump in the corner and sit there looking depressed..Added that perfect touch to his character..

@jdurt2 - Questionnaire sent. I was in the middle as far as being detailed goes....Gave some hnts but left it pretty open ended....I hope :lol:

2 requests

I need YouTube videos for the following

YOUTUBE!!!!

Tag Title Match from this past week's RAW

Tag Match @ BattleGrounds with Dusty in the corner

Thanks thanks thanks

Shield vs Rhodes Family

Balls deep.

She knows what she's doin stickin it up like that :smh:

Sheeeeesh :evil:

jdcurt2 jdcurt2 Questionnaire sent. I think mine is sort of detailed by accident :lol: Not very obvious I guess, not really sure

Last edited:

Couldn't agree more..I used to love when Raven would come in the ring and immediately slump in the corner and sit there looking depressed..Added that perfect touch to his character..

Raven and The Flock were some of my favorite things from WCW. It was awesome how they'd sit in the front row and just hop over the barricade when it was time for their matches on Nitro.

Last edited:
In regards to Shawn michaels and the corner, I'm talking about when he would literally lounge on the top rope like it was hammock. I've been trying to find a vid of that but I don't even know what to search lol

In regards to Shawn michaels and the corner, I'm talking about when he would literally lounge on the top rope like it was hammock. I've been trying to find a vid of that but I don't even know what to search lol

Yeah, I think he does it in his first match with Bret Hart in 92 or something

edit: guess he doesn't do it in this match, but it's def when he's with Sherri

Last edited:

Found it. I remember my dad had this Survivor Series VHS. This match was on there. Probably the first wrestling I've ever watched.

I think the Taker vs. Kamala match was on there as well lol

As a Canadian and a die hard Bret fan when I was younger you wouldn't have heard this from me 10 yrs ago, but I think HBK is the goat.

devil.gif
Not gonna lie, after Suni mentioned his encounter with AJ at the fan signing I was a bit put off.  I think I've fallen back in love
embarassed.gif

Last edited:
Damn, I forgot how much I loved that Survivor Series match.

Kamala scared the **** outta me when I was young, and he'd probably scare the **** out of me to this day. When I ordered WM 17 back in the day, dead *** could not watch gimmick battle royale because he too scary. :smh:

:lol: Giant Gonzalez used to have me shook too.. then Papa Shango making Warrior have seizures had me scarred for years too.

:smh: such a mark.

Kaitlyn is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.

Was watching SMackdown with a "friend" and she said, "Who is she? Is she on the Divas show? She is FAT."

Babyface Turn on This Week's Smackdown

CM Punk made a rare appearance to face Big E Langston. Fans have sent in word that after the match, Paul Heyman came out to the ramp with Ryback and Curtis Axel to cut a promo about next week's Hell in a Cell match. Paul sent his Heyman Guys to attack CM Punk, but Big E Langston jumps back into the ring and comes to the aid of Punk, taking out both Ryback and Axel. The crowd was said to love this moment, and heavily cheered Big E when he made the save. 

Babyface Turn on This Week's Smackdown

CM Punk made a rare appearance to face Big E Langston. Fans have sent in word that after the match, Paul Heyman came out to the ramp with Ryback and Curtis Axel to cut a promo about next week's Hell in a Cell match. Paul sent his Heyman Guys to attack CM Punk, but Big E Langston jumps back into the ring and comes to the aid of Punk, taking out both Ryback and Axel. The crowd was said to love this moment, and heavily cheered Big E when he made the save. 

Here it comes.. the rise of FIVE!!! FIVEEE FIVEE FIVEE! :pimp: :pimp:

Last edited:
Lookin' for HBK vids as well and stumbled upon this. Never knew he made an appearance in FMW

some of the stuff that led to the Hayabusa (H character) match done by Gannosuke was very, very disturbing.

What's Hayabusa up to now? His tag match with Jinsei Shinzaki vs. RVD/Sabu is always appreciated.

some of the stuff that led to the Hayabusa (H character) match done by Gannosuke was very, very disturbing.

What's Hayabusa up to now? His tag match with Jinsei Shinzaki vs. RVD/Sabu is always appreciated.

Care to elaborate? I'm intrigued

Care to elaborate? I'm intrigued

I bought that FMW dvd probably in 2000/2001. Apparently, Hayabusa and Gannosuke were friends when they were younger. During their fued, Gannouske was even dressing up like Hayabusa, who then took on the persona as H, sans mask. One stipulation of their matches was that loser had to have a firecracker stuck up in their angus and have a firercracker lit. Didnt click on the video and didnt realize that it shows the history, thought it was just the match.

Def was weird seeing HBK as a special ref during that time. Was he still under contract with the WWF at the time?

Back
Top Bottom