Wrestling Thread Oct 10-16 | 10/16 TNA Bound for Glory - Angle vs Roode, Sting vs Hogan

While looking through wrestling vids, I must say that selling the stone cold stunner must be freaking fun as hell. I don't know how some do it with a straight face.

Hey, WWE did a great job of promoting that Raw and Smackdown are from Mexico for the first time ever next week!

regarding lobo's "speech", will was full of false accusations, i will have a statement for the NTWE at a later time.

the cm punk/hhh vs miz/truth match will have no dq added

also, lesnar says he will have 1 more match in the wwe. rumors already going around that lesnar vs austin is being discussed for wm28

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

regarding lobo's "speech", will was full of false accusations, i will have a statement for the NTWE at a later time.

also, lesnar says he will have 1 more match in the wwe. rumors already going around that lesnar vs austin is being discussed for wm28

Sorry, but don't start/propagate untrue rumors.  Lesnar will never be allowed to wrestle as long as he is under UFC contract.  Unless he quits after the Overeem fight which isn't happening, he's not wrestling at WrestleMania.

Originally Posted by TheWindScar31

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]for anyone saying SM is the biggest piece of sh-- better hold hogan in that same breath. He's is top notch when it comes to "wow, you actually did that you douche"/ghims factor. And the things he said regarding his son and the kid that was killed. The things he did to the wwe, the entire run in wcw, other lower card wrestlers, Brutus, Warrior, Hart, SM.... i didn't like him growing up. Don't like him now, he's a piece of sh--. [/color]

Which leads me to ask. Has there been an "Superstar" that had outstanding character?

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]hmmmmmmmmmmmm...... Owen comes to mind.[/color]

Originally Posted by im that one

Which leads me to ask. Has there been an "Superstar" that had outstanding character?

This. Cena comes to mind as well.

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

Word. Say what you want about Cena, but he is an outstanding role model in a time where role models are few and far between.

Mick Foley as well.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Hey, WWE did a great job of promoting that Raw and Smackdown are from Mexico for the first time ever next week!

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by YardFather

Word. Say what you want about Cena, but he is an outstanding role model in a time where role models are few and far between.

Mick Foley as well.
Never heard a bad thing about Mark Calloway (The Undertaker). 

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Sorry, but don't start/propagate untrue rumors.  Lesnar will never be allowed to wrestle as long as he is under UFC contract.  Unless he quits after the Overeem fight which isn't happening, he's not wrestling at WrestleMania.

uh, i wasnt starting any rumors....
he didnt say he will, which was my mistake, but he said he expects to.

Wrestler turned mixed martial artist Brock Lesnar says in an interview with ESPN.com that he expects to wrestle one more match for WWE.

“I think I will. I think under the right circumstances I will,

It’s widely expected that former WWE superstar Mick Foley will be returning to the company in the next few weeks, with Foley himself even teasing his return in recent interviews and on twitter.

According to a source in WWE, there’s been a lot of talk behind the scenes this week about Foley’s return taking place around Survivor Series.

With Foley’s longtime friend The Rock returning to the ring at Survivor Series and appearing on the final RAW before Survivor Series on November 14th, it’s expected that Foley will make several appearances on WWE television leading up to and after the big event.

Additionally, there’s been talk in recent days that former WWE superstar John Bradshaw Layfield could also be brought back to the company, but the JBL return is just talk at this point.

- According to a close source to Brock Lesnar, the announcement regarding WWE ’12 was supposed to happen back in July of this year. There were plans to shoot promos with him in July but he wasn’t in the mood. The timing just wasn’t right with Lesnar, considering everything he had been dealing with.

A few weeks ago, Lesnar agreed to do the media appearances for the game to help promote it and now here we are. Lesnar is one of the big mystery roster reveals that THQ officials have been hyping over the past few months.

THQ decided they wanted Lesnar in the game once they saw how hot the Lesnar vs. Undertaker WrestleMania talk was last year.

- As noted yesterday in WWE ’12 media interviews, Brock Lesnar said he would like to wrestle Steve Austin, out of all the stars he never had a match with. Lesnar said:

“Ironically it’s probably the guy that walked out on me. The guy that took his ball and went home. A guy that I was supposed to face and I think that he was just plain downright scared to get in the ring with me because he was one of those guys that was on top and saw a huge threat in Brock Lesnar at the time. That’s “Stone Cold

Originally Posted by JRAdagreat72

Mick Foley as well.

I was going to say the same thing. That I have never heard anything bad about The Undertaker. Cena, I suppose is a given as well. Although, I wonder how it will be when it is....His time to move over.

Mick Foley as well.

I was going to say the same thing. That I have never heard anything bad about The Undertaker. Cena, I suppose is a given as well. Although, I wonder how it will be when it is....His time to move over.

Cena will never turn heel.

Quote me on that.

It's not that he won't or doesn't want to, Cena can't turn heel.
Aside from the merch, you know how many dying Make A Wish kids are waiting to meet him?
You can't send these kids off meeting a heel.

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

It's not that he won't or doesn't want to, Cena can't turn heel.
Aside from the merch, you know how many dying Make A Wish kids are waiting to meet him?
You can't send these kids off meeting a heel.

yeah hasn't he done somewhere in the neighborhood of 3-500 wishes?

Cena will never turn heel.

Quote me on that.

Not necessarily turn heel, but how he will be backstage when its his time to step to the side. (Not saying its coming any time soon.)

- As noted yesterday in WWE ’12 media interviews, Brock Lesnar said he would like to wrestle Steve Austin, out of all the stars he never had a match with. Lesnar said:

“Ironically it’s probably the guy that walked out on me. The guy that took his ball and went home. A guy that I was supposed to face and I think that he was just plain downright scared to get in the ring with me because he was one of those guys that was on top and saw a huge threat in Brock Lesnar at the time. That’s “Stone Cold

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Originally Posted by Peep Game

of a backstage detriment he would've been had he still been on the roster from late 98 to early 02.
I would've continued watching past 2000 had he stayed around.

It would have been 15 straight years on TV though, Michaels leaving was the best thing to happen to his career. Honestly without the back injury, and I am curious about you guys thoughts here. What are the chances that Michaels does the job to Austin at WM 14? He was trying to get out of it up to the day, imagine him healthy. This is a job Shawn knew he would have to do a year and a half earlier, and up to the day it was not known if it would happen. They still had not beaten WCW in ratings, and for all of his greatness Shawn NEVER DREW as champ. Honestly it was John Cena, Randy Orton bad interms of what they drew when he and Kevin had the belts. At least with Bret there was a built in excuse, Vince had returned, steroid testing was in place as Michaels knew.... and they almost go out of business with Michaels and Nash as champ. It would have been misery in the locker room, and we might not have gotten a situation where Stone Cold is getting extended reigns, Rocky is behind HHH in the pecking order, and its DX vs Vince for a year longer.
We as fans would have been worse off, because WCW would have lasted longer.
Very good points. Had Shawn not gotten injured, the industry and the fans would not have gotten so many standout
and defining type moments and wrestlers. Sure, we probably would have gotten The Rock vs HBK at some point
(Rock eating a Superkick on the first ever Smackdown is still burned in my memory), but it probably wouldn't have been
very high profile based on HBK's backstage antics. I mean, as bad as Invasion was from purely a booking standpoint, it
probably would have been made worse (though it did have some entertaining moments throughout).

How can I be great?! HOW CAN THE NTWE BE GREAT?! 

Originally Posted by 3dgarfly23

*HYPER CUTTER voice* excuse me mr.FLY23 whats your reaction to what king of the mountain just said? 
  *edgarfly23 voice* I think it was a wake up call to the man thats  running this company. I agree with everything hombrelobo just said ....respect

600full-sho-funaki.jpg

@NTWTJeNeSaiQuoi JNSQ

I would never agree to a No-DQ nutshot fest with Chyna, she should babysit his nephew
instead of targeting my genitals again
1 hour ago

anyone else care to voice their displeasure towards me

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Believe i've stated you are an unoriginal douche for the longest now. no need to beat a dead horse, especially when you've gone far and beyond out of your way to avoid fighting an Alpha. People see you are weak, people see you are crumbling under the pressure, and i for one am not surprised. Die a slow and agonizing death.[/color]

#NTWERevolution

Back
Top Bottom