Wrestling Thread Oct 10-16 | 10/16 TNA Bound for Glory - Angle vs Roode, Sting vs Hogan

Shawn just always seemed like the phoniest dude ever..I can only imagine the amount of dirt he used to do to people back in the day..

Yea HBK was a huge phony back in the day. Him hurting his back in 97 and reaggravating it in 98 was
probably the best thing to ever happen to him. I could only imagine how over exposed and how much
of a backstage detriment he would've been had he still been on the roster from late 98 to early 02.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Yea HBK was a huge phony back in the day. Him hurting his back in 97 and reaggravating it in 98 was
probably the best thing to ever happen to him. I could only imagine how over exposed and how much
of a backstage detriment he would've been had he still been on the roster from late 98 to early 02.

Man that era would have been horrendous....
But then he found a higher spirit and became a good dude at the end of the day

Man I blew a disc out in my back and had to have my spine fused, and I can tell you that having something like that happen can most definately change your life..When you can pretty much just lay around all day you have tons of time to think about how your life is going and how you can change it..So even though I'd never wish that kinda pain on anyone, it probably was indeed the best thing that could have happened to him..

Can someone embed this? 
roll.gif
Jim Ross kicks Michael Cole in the groin.  "got ya lil mousse in your hair, ya narrow #%#"

Smackdown Spoilers

Spoiler [+]
* John Laurinaitis and Teddy Long come out to open the show. To celebrate Smackdown being the second longest running episodic TV show ever, they're doing a 41-man battle royal with the winner getting a title shot of their choice.

* 41-man Battle Royal. Eliminations: Cody Rhodes, Derrick Bateman, Michael McGillicutty, Matt Striker, William Regal, Percy Watson, Dolph Ziggler, John Morrison, Trent Baretta, Ted DiBiase, Curt Hawkins, Tyler Reks, Drew McIntyre, Justin Gabriel, Mason Ryan, Primo, Santino Marella, Alex Riley, Kofi Kingston, Zack Ryder, David Otunga, Ezekiel Jackson, Heath Slater, Sin Cara (black), The Uso's, Christin, R-Truth, CM Punk, Sheamus, Wade Barrett, Jack Swagger, Jinder Mahal.

The final two are The Miz and Randy Orton. Orton hit an RKO on The Miz outside the ropes and both fell out. Miz hit the ground first so Orton won the match. Missing from the match - John Cena and Sin Cara (blue). Daniel Bryan was in the match but we missed his elimination.

Orton chooses to face Mark Henry tonight for the World Heavyweight Championship.

* They air a video promoting John Cena vs. The Rock at Wrestlemania XXVIII.

* Backstage, Teddy Long tells Alberto Del Rio will face Sheamus tonight.

* WWE Divas Champion Beth Phoenix b. Kelly Kelly in a very short non-title match.

Sin Cara Black attacked Sin Cara Blue on the stage and removed his mask.

* Black Sin Cara defeated Justin Gabriel. Black Sin Cara wore the Blue Sin Cara's mask

* They tape a backstage segment with Zack Ryder, Kofi Kingston, Jack Swagger and Dolph Ziggler.

* WWE Champion Alberto Del Rio beats Sheamus after Christian interferes. Christians spears Sheamus twice after the match.

* Kofi Kingston & Zack Ryder b. WWE United States Champion Dolph Ziggler & Jack Swagger w/Vickie Guerrero

* World Heavyweight Champion Mark Henry vs. Randy Orton ends in disqualification when WWE Intercontinental Champion Cody Rhodes hits the ring. Big Show comes out to make the save. Show chokeslams Henry (kind of) and Orton gives Rhodes the RKO.

The must have figured the 2 minute match on Raw was so awesome that they did the identical finish for Smackdown's main event.

anybody feels that NTWE >>>>> WWE???

i gotta say, its more fun here than watching raw or sd

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

I would've continued watching past 2000 had he stayed around.

It would have been 15 straight years on TV though, Michaels leaving was the best thing to happen to his career. Honestly without the back injury, and I am curious about you guys thoughts here. What are the chances that Michaels does the job to Austin at WM 14? He was trying to get out of it up to the day, imagine him healthy. This is a job Shawn knew he would have to do a year and a half earlier, and up to the day it was not known if it would happen. They still had not beaten WCW in ratings, and for all of his greatness Shawn NEVER DREW as champ. Honestly it was John Cena, Randy Orton bad interms of what they drew when he and Kevin had the belts. At least with Bret there was a built in excuse, Vince had returned, steroid testing was in place as Michaels knew.... and they almost go out of business with Michaels and Nash as champ. It would have been misery in the locker room, and we might not have gotten a situation where Stone Cold is getting extended reigns, Rocky is behind HHH in the pecking order, and its DX vs Vince for a year longer.
We as fans would have been worse off, because WCW would have lasted longer.

I'm actually looking forward to watching Impact this week. I'm still debating going to Bound for Glory on Sunday.

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

Tonight's RAW was an entire headache. I can't even talk about the NTWE right now. Honestly, a lot of what I have to say will correlate to what you just witnessed tonight on RAW.

I'll refrain from making my comments and ideas public tonight. I'll be posting a shoot promo tomorrow 10pm Eastern.

That is all for now. Until tomorrow...

SMH.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]another swing and a miss for NTRaw.... [/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I'm going to do this... Never does it meme comes to mind.[/color]

600full-sho-funaki.jpg

@NTWTJeNeSaiQuoi JNSQ

Was planning to steal 916's food again, saw lobo on the floor KO'd
with prepared speech in hand, I'll look into the attack #GhhhIMSout
6881340:jpeg_preview_medium.jpg

3 hours ago

Booker makes me want to change the channel. He's AWFUL.

As far as worst RAW...it wasn't even the worst RAW of the year...that goes to the one in Buffalo when they ran a million boring promos + the Rock's rap on Cena. Not to mention the worst crowd EVER.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

I'm actually looking forward to watching Impact this week. I'm still debating going to Bound for Glory on Sunday.

sick.gif

i know raw was bad, but it's really making you look forward to impact?!

i was more entertained with a local public access wrestling event that i came across and watched for 5 minutes than ANY 2 hour impact episode this entire year.

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

*breaks kayfabe* Greatest mash-up ever...*re-enters kayfabe*

Well then....

This pretty much sums it up.  The rest of you rookie slapnuts take note:

Mr Weekend knows when to give respect to a veteran and by damn it lobo, you have mine.

We are here to give these fans what they want: Great entertainment, great matches, and below average divas (sorry Cubano).

I don't even know why I was made a heel. The fans are against the establishment along with me so why should I go against them? *loud pops*

I know I'm a main evener, these people know that I'm a main evener, but damn, Can I get a solid date for my next match?

Can I get an opponent? I'm willing to put over deserving talent if needed... but as long as this one-man circus is here, how can I do that?

How can I be great?! HOW CAN THE NTWE BE GREAT?! 

Is there a wiki for the WWE? Or a website that recaps every feud/storyline that's taken place over the years?

Also, a website where can I find out about these backstage feuds and disputes from years past as well?

*HYPER CUTTER voice* excuse me mr.FLY23 whats your reaction to what king of the mountain just said?  
  *edgarfly23 voice* I think it was a wake up call to the man thats  running this company. I agree with everything hombrelobo just said ....respect respect ...... its time for a change

Originally Posted by brasilianmami

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

sick.gif

i know raw was bad, but it's really making you look forward to impact?!

i was more entertained with a local public access wrestling event that i came across and watched for 5 minutes than ANY 2 hour impact episode this entire year.
Impact has been a relatively good show the past two weeks, and they are doing a pretty good job of building towards Bound for Glory.  The Bobby Roode stuff has been awesome.  Give it a shot this Thursday.  With Bruce Prichard in charge, things seemingly are taking a turn for the better.

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

I would've continued watching past 2000 had he stayed around.

It would have been 15 straight years on TV though, Michaels leaving was the best thing to happen to his career. Honestly without the back injury, and I am curious about you guys thoughts here. What are the chances that Michaels does the job to Austin at WM 14? He was trying to get out of it up to the day, imagine him healthy. This is a job Shawn knew he would have to do a year and a half earlier, and up to the day it was not known if it would happen. They still had not beaten WCW in ratings, and for all of his greatness Shawn NEVER DREW as champ. Honestly it was John Cena, Randy Orton bad interms of what they drew when he and Kevin had the belts. At least with Bret there was a built in excuse, Vince had returned, steroid testing was in place as Michaels knew.... and they almost go out of business with Michaels and Nash as champ. It would have been misery in the locker room, and we might not have gotten a situation where Stone Cold is getting extended reigns, Rocky is behind HHH in the pecking order, and its DX vs Vince for a year longer.
We as fans would have been worse off, because WCW would have lasted longer.

Good points. I had a discussion with a friend a while back about this. Hbk was always the number 2 man, never the number one draw. Despite his enormous ego, there is no reason why Hogan should have jobber to Michael's and his overselling of that match will always lead me to view him as a spoiled overrated no drawing b*itch.

God bless you lobo for posting that Shane-O-Mac/Million Dollar Man mashup.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom