Wrestling Thread Oct 10-16 | 10/16 TNA Bound for Glory - Angle vs Roode, Sting vs Hogan

I want Punk to turn super heel...I don't like happy go luck Punk.

I'd like to see HHH vs Punk at WM or SS with some sort of awesome stipulation.

Rock vs Cena doesn't interest me anymore...maybe that will change when we see Rocky again.

Bringing back Jericho and Mick is great, but if it's for a few weeks, it seems rather pointless.

I don't watch Smackdown, but what happened to Kane? how much longer is he out for? And is there any news on Taker?

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

But the point of firing JR is that Vince gets his rocks off on it.  He doesn't like JR.  He never has.

*Cranky Vince* IN GORILLA WITH KD. FIRING JR IN HIS HOMETOWN AGAIN. JR SUCKS. EVERYTHING YOU LIKE SUCKS. +$++ YOU. MILD WOOD. *Cranky Vince*

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

I want Punk to turn super heel...I don't like happy go luck Punk.

I'd like to see HHH vs Punk at WM or SS with some sort of awesome stipulation.

Rock vs Cena doesn't interest me anymore...maybe that will change when we see Rocky again.

Bringing back Jericho and Mick is great, but if it's for a few weeks, it seems rather pointless.

I don't watch Smackdown, but what happened to Kane? how much longer is he out for? And is there any news on Taker?

Kane was inducted into the Hall of Pain.

Originally Posted by Mister916

Originally Posted by im that one

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Brock didn't have the Penis Sword when he wrestled with the WWE.... way to drop the ball on that.[/color]
I rather have his current look anyways.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]You're a kings fan though.... so who cares what you want.[/color]

But the point of firing JR is that Vince gets his rocks off on it.  He doesn't like JR.  He never has.

Whats the back story on this. I don't remember it.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Brock didn't have the Penis Sword when he wrestled with the WWE.... way to drop the ball on that.[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]You're a kings fan though.... so who cares what you want.[/color]
Why you mad doggy? I just stated my preference.

Originally Posted by TheWindScar31

Whats the back story on this. I don't remember it.

He thinks JR is too ugly and common looking for TV thats why he tries to push Cole as "The Voice of the WWE". The Mcmahon family also doesn't want people around them that knows more about wrestling than them. Also i think Vince hates people that weren't created in WWF/E and to me JR will always be the NWA/WCW guy.

4wrestling wrote:
Originally Posted by venom lyrix

YardFather wrote:

Whats the point of firing JR? I'm officially going on record and declaring Michael Cole the worst commentator in history.
Booker T would like to have a word with you

laugh.gif

Booker is just bad.  Cole is annoyingly horrible and irritating.  Booker doesn't make me want to change the channel.  Cole does.

I never understood why you let a guy you don't like buy the groceries though? Not to mention Laranitis has done nothing interms of going out and getting main event quality talent sans Sheamus, or Barrett. JR got Cena, Orton and Batista through development. Vince might not like JR personally but he always knew to keep him around because Laranitis is a joke. For all intensive purposes HHH has ran talent since he married Steph, and Sin Cara is the perfect example of that.
All the wrestling news sites are making it seem like the only person with their head screwed on straight over there is HHH/ aka Paul.

The 3 man booth was worth a shot, but it didnt work with Vince JR and King, and it didnt work with Cole King and JR either, thats fine it was worth a shot. Cole has regressed to the point where I want King to turn heel again. Look at a guy like Coach, he has turned into prob one of the top 5 guys on SportsCenter in what 3 years. He was more convincing as a heel, and you ran him out. The booth has had problems everytime JR left, and maybe his time as the lead guy is over, but Cole has never been the answer. Booker is doing more to get guys over than any face color guy I can think of off the top of my head. He isnt better overall than Tazz, but those mid card smackdown faces are over, the 2 or three that there are. Cole goes out of his way to burry guys, especially that burial of the fave 5 list. Cole is so bad that logically his burials dont make sense.
As far as why Vince doesnt like JR, if I have to spend more than 2 minutes looking at a commentator in a show, its a problem. But as far as Jim knowing more about wrestling than Vince, thats a Steph thing. She is the one who doesnt like that JR kept her storylines in check and told her that the writers more or less needed a buffer for the ideas that get to Vince because he and his daughter think alike. I wouldnt even say that JR knows more, I would say that JR is less into sensationalist writing and booking which has been the devil that has pulled the carpet from under the rug since 2008.

As far as the Jericho, Foley, Stone Cold, Rocky angles and potiental angles they are needed because Orton and Cena are stale as can be. Randy has never been a good face, and Cena needs to turn heel. They have the next 2 top faces on the roster in Punk, and Sheamus, they need to find the number 2 guys and keep it moving. Cena in the title match 8 PPV's straight is OD.

As far as Morrison HHH is the one calling that shot. Truth is that for all of his faults he handled his and Steph's relationship with a lot of class. Punk brought up the bedside talks about wrestlers, but it never was a public catastrophe like Edge and Lita or Morrison and Melina. Every week Morrison and Melina are burring the product on twitter, and if its kayfabe or not it doesn't matter, the kid is never going to be Michael's, and its prob time to let him go. I wouldnt doubt if guys dont want to do business with him at this point.

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

As far as Morrison HHH is the one calling that shot. Truth is that for all of his faults he handled his and Steph's relationship with a lot of class. Punk brought up the bedside talks about wrestlers, but it never was a public catastrophe like Edge and Lita or Morrison and Melina. Every week Morrison and Melina are burring the product on twitter, and if its kayfabe or not it doesn't matter, the kid is never going to be Michael's, and its prob time to let him go. I wouldnt doubt if guys dont want to do business with him at this point.
that's a good point. also what you said about laurinitis and JR is spot on. i believe around the attitude era time JR was credited with keeping some of the volatile superstars in check since everyone respected him. stone cold had his run ins with management but he's actually good friends with JR in real life and it probably would have been catastrophic if laurinitis was running +%#* at that time. stone cold would have went months or years without doing business with WWF/E.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy

that's a good point. also what you said about laurinitis and JR is spot on. i believe around the attitude era time JR was credited with keeping some of the volatile superstars in check since everyone respected him. stone cold had his run ins with management but he's actually good friends with JR in real life and it probably would have been catastrophic if laurinitis was running +%#* at that time. stone cold would have went months or years without doing business with WWF/E.
laugh.gif

The writers are the reason Stone Cold left in 2003, he couldnt smooth that one over, Dwayne didnt do business with them for 5 years, Foley out right left for TNA, and this is all under Stephanie, and Ace's watch. Realisticly the only feud that didnt happen that would have had legs and drew money was The Rock and Michaels in 2003 instead of Goldberg. And that one was deep rooted with he and Michaels.

laugh.gif

The writers are the reason Stone Cold left in 2003, he couldnt smooth that one over, Dwayne didnt do business with them for 5 years, Foley out right left for TNA, and this is all under Stephanie, and Ace's watch. Realisticly the only feud that didnt happen that would have had legs and drew money was The Rock and Michaels in 2003 instead of Goldberg. And that one was deep rooted with he and Michaels.

Elaborate. Sorry, don't feel like searching on google. I always end up not finding my answer in things like this.

*Sidenote: Its stupid I know, but I have always had a fascination with locker room/dirt sheet reports. Embarrassing.

Why you mad doggy? I just stated my preference.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]No i'm not mad Doggy. I gave my statement as well.[/color]

ATyson Tomko is currently in jail in Florida. The former WWE, TNA and NJPW performer was arrested this morning on a charge of robbery.
According to a report on TMZ, police say Tomko robbed a CVS Pharmacy last night and allegedly threatened to attack the pharmacist unless he was provided with several bottles of Oxycodone. Tomko left the store with 210 pills of the painkiller and fled to a local Chili's restaurant.

At the restaurant, Tomko asked a waitress for a spoon, and then asked for a deeper spoon when presented with a teaspoon. He then went to the bathroom for 30 - 40 minutes, and police were contacted.

When police arrived, he was found hiding inside the bathroom injecting himself with the stolen pain medicine. One officer remarked that Tomko flushed something down the toilet and had needle marks and blood running down his arm.

He was arrested and told police that had a "severe drug problem," and had injected himself with 178 pills. He denied threatening the pharmacist and was taken to a nearby hospital before being booked at a nearby jail with bond set at $7,500

laugh.gif

Elaborate. Sorry, don't feel like searching on google. I always end up not finding my answer in things like this.

*Sidenote: Its stupid I know, but I have always had a fascination with locker room/dirt sheet reports. Embarrassing.

Michaels said some out of line things to Dwaynes grandma.
http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2011/0407/538391/shawn-michaels/

RAW RATING
3.25 rating. 

1H - 5.4 million viewers.

2H - 4.6 million viewers.

Overall good rating, so viewers were interested in the walkout, but then they saw the crap WWE put on.  800,000 viewers were driven away (including me).  I have to think this is some type of record.

Michaels said some out of line things to Dwaynes grandma.

I remember reading that part in Bret's book about Hunter and Shawn not liking the Rock. Didn't know it ran that far back. Thanks for the link.
And I always found this video entertaining

laugh.gif

Big time. People were blaming Austin for the fact that he "didn't wanna put Brock Lesnar over", but the writers wanted Austin to
lose to Brock on a random smackdown. No storyline, no buildup, no nothing, just purely shock value. I would have done the same
thing.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

laugh.gif

Big time. People were blaming Austin for the fact that he "didn't wanna put Brock Lesnar over", but the writers wanted Austin to lose to Brock on a random smackdown. No storyline, no buildup, no nothing, just purely shock value. I would have done the same
thing.

Yeah, that would of been lame.

Michaels said some out of line things to Dwaynes�grandma.
��

I remember reading that part in Bret's book about Hunter and Shawn not liking the Rock. Didn't know it ran that far back. Thanks for the link.
And I always found this video entertaining�
I knew it went that far back, but didn't know there was anything pinpointed like exactly when HBK was trying
to stall The Rock's push. I did read somewhere that awhile after the fans had soured on the whole Rocky Maivia
gimmick, he was basically supposed to be buried and completely repackaged (or even written out) after a match
where he lost to Mankind in like 7 minutes. Thank god The Nation came calling.

That's the whole point of this thread
We get our rocks off more from the backstage news than the actual produce, I'm talkin' Vince firing JR for the upteenth time type wood.

Let's be honest, we all love JR, but he's wasted and drowned out in between King and Cole.
Bring back Booker.

Back
Top Bottom