Wrestling Thread May 13-19 | 5/19 WWE Extreme Rules PPV Prediction Contest Now Open!

I remember Bateman had surgery right around the time his vignettes started to pop up on Youtube so I guess he couldn't debut to feud with Cesaro.'

A.J is on Twitter posting pics of different letters that seem to be from a design, guessing she's getting a t shirt or something. Can't remember the last time a female wrestler got merchandise.

Dixie Carter noted that she would be open to a TNA vs WWE cross over event during a recent interview with Digital Sky.

“I don’t think [the WWE] shares my belief in this, but I believe that competition is 100% positively essential,I think it’s important for fans and for us. To have one company dominate, a) it’s boring, and you are not being challenged enough. It’s always better to have other options out there and I truly believe it makes both companies better. absolutely would do that. I’m not sure if they would do that (a crossover event), but I absolutely would.”

Dixie Carter noted that she would be open to a TNA vs WWE cross over event during a recent interview with Digital Sky.

“I don’t think [the WWE] shares my belief in this, but I believe that competition is 100% positively essential,I think it’s important for fans and for us. To have one company dominate, a) it’s boring, and you are not being challenged enough. It’s always better to have other options out there and I truly believe it makes both companies better. absolutely would do that. I’m not sure if they would do that (a crossover event), but I absolutely would.”
It would never ever happen. TNA is nowhere near WWE's level. Not in the same ballpark & not even on the same street. 

Dixie is a mark. She would say something like that. 

Kaitlyn's music gets worse every time I hear it. And it seems like Aksana is back to her Lisa Ann flick music. Both looking :pimp: though

Cesaro and Jericho put on a good match tonight. Hit Jericho with the Swiss Death and busted him open. Jericho hit Cesaro with a sweet counter when he attempted the Neutralizer to pick up the submission win.

watching judgement day 2005....

Crazy how much different the storylines and things were back then...

Kurt angle vs booker and the lead up to the fight kurt said he is gonna have dirty, beastility sex with sharmell, then goes in her locker room and shes screaming. the next week he is saying she fondled his privates and they liked it lol.

If they run a story line like that now, it would be on nancy grace...

Also saw matt morgan f5 big show... sheesh.

It would never ever happen. TNA is nowhere near WWE's level. Not in the same ballpark & not even on the same street. 

Dixie is a mark. She would say something like that. 
Only way I could see Vince doing it is if the TNA guys were only on Raw and the TNA guys got buried by WWE's mid card talent.

Ahhhh Angle vs Booker in 05, decent to good matches, awful storyline. Guttersluts is the lasting thing about that. Stuttering Matt Morgan, that'll get him over.

- Everything regarding CM Punk’s return to action is being kept quiet within WWE. A lot depends on how well his knee heals up but it will be interesting to see if he returns on Monday’s RAW from Canada because that was the most recent date officials wanted him back. Punk would need to return soon if he’s going to have a match on the June 16th Payback pay-per-view, as planned before.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

- The Rock spoke with CBS Cleveland reporter Chris Van Vliet to promote Fast 6 and says he’s confident his last wrestling match was against John Cena at WrestleMania 29.

Rock called WrestleMania 29 a dream scenario but had this to say about his most recent run with WWE:

“The 4 month run I had in WWE was really eye opening. I was able to see a lot of young talent that are very hungry and very humble. What’s interesting is there were some talent there who, it’s just the nature of the business, have become very sour grapes and miserable. The younger guys were very excited and there was that hunger that reminded me of myself 10 to 15 years ago when I first started.”

Rock also gave props to The Shield, Fandango and more. You can see the interview below:

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://...twIwAw&usg=AFQjCNHwqNTTHw6sUG4dKSwwwtJS2jzJtg

I hated JBL, but looking back at this
sick.gif
nthat.gif
laugh.gif
 how could you hate JBL?  i thought it was his best gimmick by a country mile

I initially hated JBL just cause of how they seemed to randomly strap the rocket to him after years of the APA/Blackjack/Hawk Bradshaw gimmicks, and how APA broke up at that time. He gradually became one of the best true heels in years though.

I was 8-10 at the time, so I was a fan of Guererro, Thuganomics Cena, Shelton, etc.
It wasn't until I hit my teens that I hit a change in mindset.
ah yea so 10 year old you probably wouldn't have liked WCW Eddie either 
laugh.gif
 yea when i was a kid i was baby face all the way too so i totally get it.  also it's a true shame that the gold standard couldn't make it any higher.
I initially hated JBL just cause of how they seemed to randomly strap the rocket to him after years of the APA/Blackjack/Hawk Bradshaw gimmicks, and how APA broke up at that time. He gradually became one of the best true heels in years though.
yea i was super confused on what they were doing with bradshaw but i caught up pretty quickly once they let him do his thing

Prediction Contest completely slipped my mind.  Working on it now.  Will post shortly.  Sorry about that.

2013 NT WWE Extreme Rules PPV Prediction Contest
  • 500 possible total points
  • You may only enter once
  • SPELL YOUR NT BOARD NAME CORRECTLY
  • Once you submit your entry, it cannot be changed/updated
  • The miz/Cody Rhodes preshow match does not count towards any questions.
  • Contest entries are due by 8pm et tonight
  • Good luck!
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/5PZQV5Q

Survey completed.

St. Louis is always a good crowd. I think this ppv will be very good.

Got a feeling that Ambrose/Kingston will be a match of the year candidate, IMO.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom