Wrestling Thread Mar 3-9 | 3/9 TNA Lockdown - Magnus v Joe | Team MVP v Team Dixie Lethal Lockdown

And that is all that matters.

Currently watching: Smackdown Episode one. Yall'a man HHH comes out to A-hole chants. How consistent. Rocky is killing this dude man. Yall ever get the feeling that HHH used to be jealous of Rocky?

HHH used to be jealous of EVERYONE.

He developed his shoveling tendencies from watching Shawn all those years

Damn, never even knew The Acolytes had all of that symbolism pasted on their bodies. Crazy.

Super pop for XPac and Big Kane

Man, the Big Boss man has been part of some of the funnier angles. I forgot that he napped Al Snow's dog. He had this dog in a "The Shield" outfit. Hahahahahah

Damn I thought Smackdown started out as an hour. But it is 1.5 hours. In the words of Jay Bilas, I gotta go to work.

90 mins = perfect time for a wrestling show.

WYezK6T.gif

Ll1XBMY.gif

mLp8NZ1.gif

ExemplaryRemorsefulAdder.gif

Bh2YpkVCYAA_aNY.png

SaltyDimwittedDogfish.gif

Last edited:
- We hope to have more details on the creative decision behind last night’s Paul Heyman opener but the early word is that Heyman changed the promo some from what was originally planned. It wasn’t like Heyman “went into business for himself” but what he said was reportedly a bit different from what was originally planned.

- It was noted before that Dave Meltzer said last week that one of his sources, a top WWE Superstar, claimed 100% that CM Punk would be at last night’s RAW in Chicago. Meltzer himself sounded unsure that Punk would be there. When Punk did not show up on last night’s show, Meltzer says his source told him after RAW, “I was lied to.”

Thinking about going to the 3/24 Raw @ Barclays Center...

Hoping to get some feedback from those who have been to a live event. Where would be the best place to sit? I'm most likely going to get tickets in the 100s level area (spending $100-$130).

http://www.stubhub.com/wwe-tickets/wwe-monday-night-raw-3-24-2014-4449056/ seating chart.

Is the 105/106 section area good in terms of view or sitting behind the announce table?

thanks in advance! 

I was there last night and while it would have been cool if Punk showed up, I must say it was some pissed off fans in there once it got to the Trips segment with D-Bry. I could barely hear what they were saying because the boos was so loud. I'm thinking it's just entertainment, some or should I say most there were passionate to say the least. I'm not sure if the cameras caught it, but one of the monitors Brock threw bounced into the crowd. Scary moment there. Some idiots there were trying to start a Benoit chant as well. 
mean.gif

Last edited:
Catching up on Raw...

This all has to end with D Bry walking out of WM with the title...

They know that...they just have to...RIGHT?
ohwell.gif

EDIT: The blatant pimping out of Dolph Ziggler. 
mean.gif

Last edited:
So I'm just going to say this...

CM Punk walked out on WWE, not the other way around.  CM Punk was booked to face HHH at WrestleMania, and that wasn't good enough for CM Punk so he took his ball and went home.  He's in breach of contract.  WWE did not fire him.  WWE did not have him scheduled to face Wade Barrett at WrestleMania.  Whether Punk believes it or not, Punk vs HHH is a big time Mania match (not one I really want to see, but it is a big match).

Now there is also talk that Punk left because of the lack of clarity around PPV payouts going forward with the introduction of the Network.  That is a very real concern, and while I do not blame him one bit for being upset about that, he still has a contract that runs through July.

Regardless, I do not have a problem with what WWE did last night.  I was hoping and expecting Punk to return last night, all the way up until the final segment, and that is directly a result of great booking on WWE's part.  You can say the fans hijacked the show, but really, I think they played right into WWE's hands.  There were CM Punk chants all night, but the fans never really took the show off track.   We got the immediate tease of Punk opening the show.  With Heyman out there, he told us that CM Punk would not be here tonight.  That immediately said to me that Punk would be there since it was a heel making a promise.

Then we get HHH telling Daniel Bryan that he won't face him at Mania.  Again, it made us all believe Punk would be back to face HHH.  And finally in the main event, everyone's hero Daniel Bryan is being laid out by the Authority, and we are all just waiting for Punk to run in and make the save.  WWE managed to hold us on the edge of our seats for 3+ hours that CM Punk would be appearing when there was never a chance of it happening.

With CM Punk not returning last night, I consider it a dead issue at this point.  I believe he will sit out his contract through July.  He will not go to TNA.  I don't think he'll go to Japan.  I think he is burned out with pro wrestling.  Maybe he'll return in a few years, but I don't expect to see Punk in the pro wrestling scene anytime soon.

WWE fans continue to disappoint me by not filing the ring up with trash when we continue to get ish endings like this
tired.gif
This I agree with.  I thought it would be a given last night between HHH laying out Bryan and the fans finally realizing Punk wasn't coming out.

I'm happy to be apart of one of the final times this happened when Heyman turned on RVD and helped The Big Show win the ECW Title.

I think what we've learned today is that Dave Meltzer is a charlatan.
i been tryin to tell yall for years. Dude doesnt even like wrestling anymore, hes been on the MMA bandwagon. He just sticking with bs dirtsheet stories because thats his income
mean.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

As a long time Observer subscriber, he may focus more on MMA now, but there is still no one better in the business.  And his historical recollections are incredible.  

On Observer Radio after Raw, he said that his source was one of the best known wrestlers in the business over the past 20 years, not someone directly in WWE.  He said he talked to his source after Raw, and his source said flat out that he was lied to about Punk being there.  Meltzer never came out and said 100% that Punk would be on Raw.

I am trying hard to watch this product leading up to WM and I can't even keep RAW on it's so bad :smh:

Every time they try to bury D Bry a little more I get even more turned off with the product; I turn my TV on and can't tell if it's 2004 or 2014 :x

Catching up on Raw...

This all has to end with D Bry walking out of WM with the title...

They know that...they just have to...RIGHT?
ohwell.gif

I mean logically you would think that, but it certainly just seems like it's a HHH v Bryan match.  Unless they make it where if Bryan beats HHH earlier in the night, he gets into the title match, I don't see him being involved.  And that Orton/Batista match is going to die a thousand deaths.

Nice post 4w. It really is amazing at how the WWE crafted that show in relation to the Chicago crowd. You would think laying out shows like that would be the norm, so it makes you wonder what they don't use that effort to do that more often. One thing I do find funny, whether it was done that way on purpose or not I'm not sure, but they had the "Bryan vs Batista up next!!" graphic, only to be followed up with the Bryan/Authority segment, two more matches, and THEN Bryan vs Batista :lol:.

Seth "The Architect" Rollins :pimp:

Last edited:
Nice post 4w. It really is amazing at how the WWE crafted that show in relation to the Chicago crowd. You would think laying out shows like that would be the norm, so it makes you wonder what they don't use that effort to do that more often. One thing I do find funny, whether it was done that way on purpose or not I'm not sure, but they had the "Bryan vs Batista up next!!" graphic, only to be followed up with the Bryan/Authority segment, two more matches, and THEN Bryan vs Batista
laugh.gif

Seth "The Architect" Rollins
pimp.gif
I agree.  It would be really nice if that kind of effort was put into every episode of Raw.  It would make the product a hell of a lot better.  Many will say it's because WWE produces so many hours of TV, but honestly, to hell with Smackdown, Superstars, Main Event, and whatever other shows they do.  An A+ effort should go into Raw every week.  The other shows don't need storylines.  Just matches.  

Back
Top Bottom