Wrestling Thread Mar 21-27 | 3/25 Smackdown - Del Rio vs Christian, Barrett vs Kofi

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

HHH will never be an icon or legend.

why do you say that?

I've been out of the wresting game of a long time, but when I was watching...he was one of the best / most hated etc...had the titles...the sledgehammer...etc...

how can he not be a legend?

Originally Posted by ESyDC

I think we'll see Mr.Punk at the end of the show...Orton's promo was obvious as to what's gonna happen.

You're thinking Punk is going to wreck Randy's tour bus?

That thought crossed my mind seeing how it was emphasized so much in the promo.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

why do you say that?

I've been out of the wresting game of a long time, but when I was watching...he was one of the best / most hated etc...had the titles...the sledgehammer...etc...

He is a legend. Period.

*waits for banging steph to the top comments*

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

why do you say that?

He is a legend. Period.

laugh.gif
Legend. Another word that's thrown around too much. Cena is the next legend then.

why do you say that?

He is a legend. Period.

pimp.gif
, people act like he hasn't helped anyone else become a star in the WWE/F.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Is it just me, or is someone missing from this match????
[GHIMS/AquaGrape] The GM will announce mid match that Kurt Angle is now part of the match [GHIMS/AquaGrape]

Originally Posted by GenX

why do you say that?

He is a legend. Period.

pimp.gif
grin.gif
Thank you. The guy single-handedly turned Batista into a star. Yeah he wouldn't have won the belt as many times as he did had it not been for Steph but he was still a champ before he married her.

Originally Posted by MrMundayNite

Originally Posted by GenX

pimp.gif
grin.gif
Thank you. The guy single-handedly turned Batista into a star. Yeah he wouldn't have won the belt as many times as he did had it not been for Steph but he was still a champ before he married her.

Amongst other things.

HHH not a legend?
laugh.gif
Okay, sure thing.

You know what really bugs me?  They talk about how important WrestleMania is.  Why exactly?  It all circles back to the fact that wins and losses mean NOTHING.  Yes, they have done a pretty good job at building up a lot of these matches, but does anyone expect Orton and Punk to be in different places on the card depending on if they win or lose at Mania?  Does anyone expect Cody Rhodes or Rey Mysterio to move up or down the card if they win or lose?  No.  Things will carry on exactly the same, and that is why so many people are indifferent to wrestling right now.  Look at the UFC.  If you're a top contender and lose a match, you are way down the ladder to get a shot at the title.  HHH will most likely lose at Mania, and may very well end up getting the next title shot.  Sheamus lost for 3 straight months and for whatever got not one, but two straight shots at the US Title.

If WWE wants people to care, they must make wins and losses (and the titles) mean something.

Yo, why would Orton leave his wife in the bus instead of letting her in the arena? Couldn't get an extra ticket, Randy?

And yeah, Hunter Hearst Helmsley is a legend. I hate him because he stays burying folks, but I'll admit that he would have won at least seven world titles without the boning Steph assist.

Back
Top Bottom